Riviera Maya Suites(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$86
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$117/night.

Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club(Playa del Carmen)
US$161
US$156
Hotels.com
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$252
US$180
  • Breakfast included
The Palm at Playa(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$167
US$309
US$247
  • Pool
Soho Playa Hotel(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$89
Priceline
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$329
US$263
  • Breakfast included
Eurostars Hacienda Vista Real(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$58
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$508
US$379
  • Beachfront
2,497 results
All reviewsswim up roomrooftop jacuzzicomo comoboutique hotelbeach clubincluded breakfast isattached restaurantcoco bongostandard roomsun deckpool areajunior suitehot tubshort walk to the beachevery morningour honeymoonfifth avenue
Reviewed 11 August 2012

They didn't respect our double bed request and in a 4 night stay, they moved us 3 times to different rooms. Had excuses for everything, and the Argentinean manager even gave me attitude, she raised her voice at me (trying to yell) and blamed Expedia for everything that went wrong and all their bad organization. I was very upset. She was very rude and unprofessional.
The rooms were not clean, floors were sticky, sinks and shower were dirty. Tv didn't even work in one of the rooms that they moved us to. Some light bulbs were out in all the rooms we got moved to, so there was not enough lighting to get ready at night.
I would NEVER stay there again nor recommend anyone staying there.
They even charged us for bogus charges before check out, of course we paid them, we just wanted to get out of there. Bad customer service. Manager was on a POWER trip. Very bad experience!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank ZoeUSA
La Tortuga H, Guest Relations Manager at La Tortuga Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Dear Zoe,
Thank you for taking time and writing about La Tortuga Hotel & Spa. We welcome and value any comments from our clients, so I personally thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. La Tortuga Hotel & Spa take great pride in the fact that our customer service along with high standards has gathered us many awards and a standout choice when compared to other hotels in the area.
I am very concerned about a few of your comments, and would like to speak with you personally as you arrived to us through Expedia the booking for 2 adults but actually you were 3 adults upon arrival to the hotel. Without delay we changed your room category but explained that due to you now being 3 persons we would have to move you rooms due to full occupancy and the hotel having confirmation from Expedia for the arrival of 2 adults. On changing your room a free upgrade and an extra room without charge was given courtesy of the hotel. Although you had booked through Expedia it is inevitable that clients arriving with this situation generally get annoyed with the hotel, and we tried our hardest to avoid this situation by resolving this promptly upon your arrival to the hotel. I know this does not change your experience and I totally understand your upset and I personally apologies for this and I have contacted Expedia and they are aware of the situation. My next concern is regarding the Argentinean Manager?? Could you please contact me directly because we don’t have an Argentinean Manager I myself am British and the Owner is Italian so it quite concerns me, and I thank you for bringing these issues to my attention as I will make a full investigation as to whom you are referring to. Please contact me direct at the hotel ask for Johanna Reside.

La Tortuga Hotel & SPA

Reviewed 11 August 2012

We stayed here a while ago and found this to a be an average hotel - not terrible but certainly not anywhere near as good as the breathless "5 Star resort!!" reviews on this site. Bear in mind that I am writing this from the perspective of someone who has stayed both at the finest big city hotels and some very modest places in Latin America.

On the plus side, the location is excellent, and the restaurant is quite good. The rooms are just average though. The beds are nice, but the furnishings are otherwise a bit run down - noisy a/c units, aging TVs, dirt and dust everywhere and insects all over the bathroom. Our a/c unit leaked a massive amount of water twice, to give one example. The staff (ranging from front desk to maintenance to maids to restaurant staff) was more cordial than warm and seldom appeared to want to be bothered with our requests. Sadly though this attitude was endemic to all of Playa del Carmen.

If you are looking for a business center or gym forget it? Wifi? It works - sporadically - in the main areas but is extremely weak in the rooms and often is totally unusable.

The pool looks nice in pictures but is not well designed - it only goes to 4 feet and is covered with plant debris. The enclosed design of the pool area and all the plants also means that the hotel and pool area are extremely muggy and teeming with insects.

Finally, the guests are almost all couples though there was very little interaction between guests in the time we were there.

Overall, this is a very average latin american hotel and in my opinion over-priced but what it offers.

Room Tip: upper floor away from Coco Bongo
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank eta1977
LaTortugaG, Guest Relations Manager at La Tortuga Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review La Tortuga Hotel & Spa . We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations, and once again I apologise for that, we are working to achieve a better service and your comments are a great help to identify our areas of improvement.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2012

We spent 10 unforgettable days at La Tortuga at the end of July. The hotel is lovely, our room was very clean and very confortable. The garden and swimming pool are peaceful, perfect to relax after a trip to the ruins or simply after a day spent in the beach. We strongly recommend the beach clubs like Mamita's or Zenzi proposed by La Tortuga, the beaches and the sea are beautiful. Moreover, the hotel is very well located just one block from the famous 5th Avenue.
The staff is friendly and helpful.
We recommend!
Vanessa, Belgium

Room Tip: Our Junior suite was very lovely !
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
La Tortuga H, Guest Relations Manager at La Tortuga Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Hi Vanessa,
Thank you so much for taking time and writing such a nice review it is always so rewarding to read such positive and encouraging comments. We are thrilled to hear that you had 10 unforgettable days here with us and we sincerely hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back to La Tortuga Hotel & Spa soon. Please keep in touch with us through our facebook page. La Tortuga Hotel Spa.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

My husband and I stayed in La Tortuga during the "off" season, and I have never been happier that it rained our whole trip! We were expecting sun and sand, but instead received four days of rain and thunder. Instead of moping, we decided to take advantage of our hotel's amazing pool. It is inside the middle of the hotel, so although it is technically "outdoor", it also has a bit of cover. I would call it indoor/outdoor. We had so much fun swimming for four days that we didn't mind the rain at all. We also took advantage of a couple's massage. It was a treat! I'd highly recommend the hotel to anyone who is visiting without kids. We'll be staying here for every trip in the future.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SeaCubed

Hello…
Thank you for your delightful comments. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us even though you experienced rain for the whole of your stay. Please keep in touch and let us know when you would like to return, we have great offers for repeat clients… You have to come and try the swimming pool area out when it’s nice and sunny!!
Once again, thank you for taking time to write about La Tortuga Hotel & Spa and we sincerely hope to welcome you back soon..
JOhanna Reside

Reviewed 23 July 2012

I have been coming to playa del carmen for well over a decade now and have stayed at an assortment of hotels, and depending on your budget, inclinations, and time frame, there is a hotel for everybody. Lately for me while the hotels outside of town are beautiful, having to take a cab ride in everytime you want to eat or take a stroll is a pain, and slowly eats up money better spent on other things. So I prefer to stay in a hotel within walking distance of 5th Ave. Some of the Hotels on 5th Ave, can get loud even at night - but hey if you are under 40, and plan to stay up partying a hotel on 5th may be for you.
La Tortuga has a GREAT location literally in the middle of 5th ave, but because it sits back on a quiet street - its peaceful. The peaceful ambiance is further enhanced once you step into the hotel. Its like a lush tropical garden with a very nice swimming pool that for playing and lounging around.
The staff is incredibly nice - infact saying they are nice is a understatement. They are wonderful, The rooms are clean, the air conditioner was cold. The restaurant attached to the hotel was good.
If you are looking for a nice quiet, smaller, boutique hotel dripping with romanticism, with a phenomenal location - this is it.

Dont worry that it isnt on the beach - the hotel provides passes to all the famous beach spots, and its only a 5 minute walk anyway.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Zenoasulil
La Tortuga H, Guest Relations Manager at La Tortuga Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Dear Zenoasulil,
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking a minute to write about La Tortuga Hotel & Spa. We are thrilled to hear that you are recommending our boutique hotel, and that you and your family had such a delightful and memorable stay.
We take great pride in the fact that our customer service and high standards has become our trademark and has gathered us at La Tortuga Hotel & Spa a standout choice when compared to other hotels in the area.
I have shared your comments with our staff and they are grateful for your kind positive words. Once again, thank you and we sincerely hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you and your family back to La Tortuga Hotel & Spa soon.
Kindest Regards