“Delicious!”
Review of Mayan Bistro

Mayan Bistro
Ranked #73 of 1,327 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Escape the hustle and bustle of 5th Ave and dine with us in our beautiful gardens just a block off 5th Ave on 22nd. Our service is friendly and sincere while our cuisine is an international blend that reflects the diverse culinary backgrounds and experience of our chefs. We are sure you will love our food as much as we do!! Oh yeah we also have the biggest wine pour in all of Playa!!
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We stayed at the Aventura Mexicana as part of the living social deal and bought the all-inclusive VIP package to the restaurant. I LOVED every meal I had! Everything from the presentation to the flavor was beyond my expectations. The nachos were to die for and the fish tacos were delicious! You have to try the brochetas! On the last night I ordered a ham, chicken, and corn pizza that was thin crust and scrumptious! The staff was very friendly, especially Daniel and Aldo! Aldo made the best drinks even those that were not on the menu! I will be sending all my friends who visit Playa to the Mayan Bistro! Hope to see you guys soon!!

Reviewed 18 May 2012

On our honeymoon to Playa Del Carmen, we ate at the Mayan Bistro the majority of the time. The staff was super friendly (hi Luis) and the food by chef Marco was excellent. We went fishing one day and caught a durado (mahi mahi). Chef Marco prepared it three ways. It was amazing!! I can't wait to go back to Playa Del Carmen so I can pig out at the Mayan Bistro again. It is a must for anyone traveling to Playa Del Carmen. Thank you again to Mayan Bistro for feeding us so well. :)

Reviewed 6 May 2012

We first tried this as a guest of Adventura Mexicana. Try the breakfast burrito and the Mar y Monte kabobs or pasta...each are wonderful. Randomly enough, their side of spinach is amazing. Also, expect the best bartender ever, Aldo. We have NEVER been disappointed. Great food, strong drinks and they even have french fries and ice cream for my oh so picky daughter. Go, I highly doubt you will be disappointed.

1  Thank Ryannroxx
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed at the hotel but kept coming back to the restaurant for the cuisine, even though we had hundreds of options on 5th Ave. It was amazing. Chef Marco would make us meals to order. Years ago, I had a curry shrimp pasta dish in Portugal and he re-created it for me! He would come out to greet us and make sure our dining experience was memorable. The menu items were also to die for and I'm a picky eater... Every single meal we had we thoroughly enjoyed. Even if you aren't staying at Hotel Aventura Mexicana, please go there for dinner. You won't be disappointed!

1  Thank KWerlinger
Reviewed 13 April 2012

The ambiance of Mayan Bistro puts you at ease. An intimate restaurant perched below an open-air, shady palapa, it's always cool and comfortable. Often, a fresh breeze pleasantly tickles your face while you sip your drink and order your food. The lush green fronds and the cool blue pool rest beside the restaurant offering a zen-like atmosphere.

The food is crafted by an Italian chef with training in Italian, Mexican, French cuisine and more. How do I know? I had to ask after savoring the food. The Mayan Bistro offers a menu but the most fun is to play in what is becoming known as The Chef's Challenge. If you have a craving, skip the menu and just tell the Chef what you want. Give him specific details or simply a general idea and he jumps at the idea of pleasing your pallet with exactly what you want!

I also love the Mexican-inspired sushi rolls... creative and inventive! Holy Mole Roll, Wasabi Guacamole Roll and Michelada Roll... I mean... those beg to be tried! I've tried them. They're very yummy. Don't know if I could pick a favorite... I just end up wanting more of all of them!

Dessert Must-have: Tiramisu!!!

Best part... this restaurant won't break your bank.

2  Thank Laura M