My husband and I spent 7 days from 2/29-3/7 at this resort. Overall, we did not feel the property matched the rating of 4 1/2 stars that it represents. In comparison to other equivalent properties, we would rate it a 3 star property.
Check in process- The sales pitch following the check-in process was much too lengthy. After spending 1/2 day traveling to get to the resort we just wanted to relax.
Rooms- very spacious and beautiful accommodations. The cleanliness of the room was not very clean when we first checked in, mini bar not stocked and no shampoo or conditioner in the room. In addition, there was a problem with the door and the card key did not work. We had to wait for about 45 minutes, while the battery for the door could be replaced.
Service in the room (maid, mini bar and turn down) service throughout the week was very sporadic. A few days it would happen and many it would not. When we would call to request additional items for the mini bar it was also sporadic if we would receive them or not. Often times we were told to wait in the room and they would come. We would wait 30+ minutes and no one would show up.
Food quality- some restaurants that were listed were not open. Gabi club was never open for lunch or dinner. Breakfast buffet was ok at best, but not up to par for a 4 1/2 star resort. Lunch at the market and the grill is the same everyday with very limited options, leaving the lunch options very limited. Again for the rating of the resort this is a concern. Overall, dinners were good. We were able to find something most nights and did try 6 of the 7 specialty restaurants.
Service of staff- again very spotty. Very limited English was spoken by the staff and often requests were not fulfilled as a result. Wait times in the restaurants were unacceptable. Often times took 2+ hours to have dinner. Hotel was only approx 30% full during the week we were there, but service was not up to par. Lots of noise and construction taking place throughout the day.
Beach- way too many rocks and very dangerous. No warning that this is the case. The hotel did have staffs who were attempting to keep this clean, but it was difficult to keep up with
When we attempted to find a manager on duty to share our feedback with, we were provided a piece of letter head and told to write our comments on their and send to the corporate office. There are a lot of nice properties in the area and this did not live up to the 4.5 star rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla is a hotel catering to the discerning all-inclusive traveler. With 58 swim-up suites, opulent furnishings, and international cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, this adults-only hotel is a crowd pleaser. Rooms feature special touches like deep soaker tubs and rainfall showers. Marble floors, flat-screen TVs, Minibar, in-room safe, free Wi-Fi, coffee maker, bathrobes and slippers, cable TV service and a DVD/CD player compliment the trendy interior design. Stay active with water sports like aqua aerobics, yoga, zumba and volleyball, or visit the spacious fitness facility. The Spa offers a wet and dry sauna($). Try a different menu every night with 14 restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Melia Hotels APAC, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Mexico - Riviera Maya