Review Highlights

Google
Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Playa del Carmen
from US$19.99
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 November 2020

We were escorted to this shop by hustlers on the street. We though since it is a brick and mortar store it may have some credibility, but we were wrong. Everything the salesman told us was 100% a lie. He showed us a zultanite ring that was attractive because it changed colors in the light. It is not mined in that region, it is not a hard stone, it was not white gold, but silver, and the setting is poorly made so that the stone wiggles around and could fall out. I know this because I took it to my jeweler back home to try to fix the prongs, he said he could not fix it without risk of cracking the stone. The salesman will show you that the stone can cut glass, it is a trick. I feel sick that I was taken advantage of and bullied into this ring purchase. it cost WAY too much for something no better then costume jewelry. Stay away from that store, AKA "The Mama Store" and don't let them pull you off the street into it. I am so angry and will never be bullied into buying jewelry again.

Date of experience: November 2020