Soho Playa Hotel(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$89
Hotels.com
Riviera Maya Suites(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$84
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$112/night.

Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$351
US$188
  • Breakfast included
Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club(Playa del Carmen)
US$161
US$116
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$148/night.

US$254
US$203
Priceline
  • Pool
The Palm at Playa(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$167
  • Breakfast included
La Tortuga Hotel & Spa(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$92
  • Pool
Eurostars Hacienda Vista Real(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$58
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$508
US$379
  • Beachfront
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$423
US$338
Priceline
8,494 results
All reviewssports barmain restaurantthomson repsgreat holidaygolf buggyasian restaurantanimation teamplenty of sunbedsevery other daypool restaurantshort walk to the beachthemed nightspalm treesevening entertainmentcancun airportsister hotelswimming with dolphins
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Currently at this resort and the only reason I rate it a 4 star is due to the fact it needs to be updated. Rooms are older and beds hard. However this place has everything you need to enjoy a beautiful vacation. Walked to Playa Del Carmen which is about a 30 min walk.

Food has been great. Service is top notch. Always a pleasant hello.

Would love to return once renovation is complete. This hotel has many repeat guests and I can see why!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
6  Thank srose68
Reviewed 28 March 2018

We arrived on 11 March for a 2 week break, first impression was great, reception although very busy had plenty of staff on hand and the queue wasn’t to bad as it reduced very quickly, our luggage was put onto a cart and then taken to our room where the men stood and waited for a tip. ( a little embarrassing for us really as we hadn’t really sorted out our money) found a spare dollar and just gave them that, we did give a better tip when we left as we felt a little guilty about our arrival,
The room was typically Mexican decor, a stocked mini fridge, 4 spirits in the optics and plenty of room in the bedroom and en suit, it was a little battered in places however it was spotlessly clean, very comfortable and a great location. We even had full WiFi in our room which I wasn’t expecting. The air con worked well I put it on no 23 for bed time and found I slept ok at that temperature .
The sports bar was a life saver at 4.30 am when my body clock was still on uk time. They even did a decafe coffee. We visited this several mornings and late evenings, they did a lovely coffee. We also had breakfast from there (a microwaved hotdog) before going off on a very early excursion.
The restaurants were great we used all Of the selection available , I loved that sanitising hand gel was at the entrance of every restaurant, we used the steak restaurant 3 times, the rib eye was my favourite, this was table service , the Mexican meal over at the Yucatán was also very nice, also table service, the Asian in tequila is buffet style which worked well as my husband is fussy and would have struggled eating some things. (He only went because I wanted to go) but the food was lovely and waiter kept the wine and water topped up. The main restaurant is buffet, this is where main breakfast and dinner are served, you can get your own drinks if you want but the waiters bring you whatever you want, they were great, I would recommend looking around every section before making a selection, and try things that you are not sure of, I ate lots of new things, just took a little bit then tried it. I loved most of it, even the hubby tried new food, lunch is served by the pool restaurant, far more relaxed serving every thing yourself, not such a large selection as dinner but still good. We went to the beach several times and ate lunch at the Yucatán and playa car, both are Rui hotels and are part of the hotel package, both lunch restaurants were really good, I actually liked those for lunch more than the tequila, although no complaints about tequila,
The bar staff were great, they were quick, polite and efficient, they even did cocktails that weren’t on the menu, we would quite regularly pop out to the Yucatán and Playacar for drinks in the evening or late afternoon sometimes just to break things up. Again both were nice, we used 3 different ones in the Yucatán and 2 at the Playacar, it was great to have these hotels to use, we saw the little monkeys while walking through the Yucatán too.
The pool was great, needing a little repair on a few of the tiles (which I believe is being done very soon) but this didn’t effect us, it was warmer than I was expecting it to be, the swim up bar was a good excuse to get in, there was lots of natural shade with the trees, a very relaxing area.
The house keeping did an amazing job, we didn’t tip every day but left her some money twice, I also left her some new and unused toiletries, I gave it in to reception for her, they asked me to write her name and a list of items left for her to prove that they were hers.
If you like wildlife popping to the beach during the afternoon and watching a flock of pelicans fly over with the last one always coming about a minute later , they fly down the beach diving into the sea for fish, amazing! We saw lots of beautiful birds and iguanas having a camera on hand is a must.
I loved this hotel and believe it’s being refurbished very soon, It is in need of a little TLC however I hope this doesn’t take away its charm I also hope that the staff are not replaced as they were all great.
The entertainment team, ‘tui fun team’ were amazing, on our first night we believed these to be professional entertainers and were a show that were bought in, i was totally amazed to see the same team doing pool games. I love watching dancing shows and frequently go to the theatre, these shows at the tequila matched and even exceeded these professionals.
I would definitely go here again (as long as it keeps the Mexican charm and doesn’t end up too European as the Yucatán and Playacar do) we had an amazing time. huge thanks to all the staff from the gardeners to management for mak

Room Tip: 2501 was a good room, ground floor but close to everything and full WiFi
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
19  Thank track64
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Had a great stay at the riu tequila in feb.The staff was very friendly and especially the bar tenders at the main bar.The food was great and the old style of the resort was perfect.Could use abit of work but hope they don’t change to much.Would have no problem going back again

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
6  Thank Terry A
Reviewed 27 March 2018

What can we say. This hotel is fantastic cannot fault a thing. The staff, food entertainment and the location. We just hope that they do not change hotel to much. Will look at trip advisor and photo's after the refurb before we book for next year. Keeping our fingers crossed we will return

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CaroleAlan_13
Reviewed 25 March 2018

5/03 - 19/03 - Just returned from our 5th stay at Tequila and enjoyed every minute. The staff and entertainment team continue to maintain their high level of service.

We never grow tired of the fantastic choice of food as there really is something for everybody.

A bit apprehensive of the refurbishment so will wait to see the reviews and photographs after July before committing again. It would be a shame if the colonial ambiance disappears and the resort ends up similar to the ones across the road.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family