“Great property, great location.”
other travellers have booked this property
dining room - table can expand
security safe.....
upgraded  ensuite master bath
master bath
2nd bedroom....
also with built-in closets....
2nd bath
community grill
our beautiful  pool!
another view of the pool
the complex

Italian first
Any
Konstanti...
Toronto, Canada
“Great property, great location.”
Reviewed 9 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014

We've stayed at the property over Christmas of 2014 and really enjoyed our stay. In short - the property is very well maintained, perfectly located close to the beach and to the 5th Ave. For those who worry about security, it is next to a policy station that is open 24/7 (but do not expect police sirens at night or during the day - it is very quiet). With all the option at Playa Del Carmen, we won't waste time looking for a "new experience" next time and simply go to the same place. It provides all that you need.

A bit more details for those who are interested:

We travelled with 2 teenagers. This was out first time renting an apartment in Mexico. The kids want to go back now ;-)

Reservation:

It was very easy to make the reservation. I've contacted Vicky, the property manager via email and have asked all initial questions. Since this was our first time outside of a resort, I had a lot of questions. She responded extremely fast and in great details. Not cut and past template responses. I've arranged a quick call to iron out some of the details then. It was also quick and easy.

Once all was confirmed, Vicky sent me a contract. Easy deposit via PayPal and we were good to go. No hassle at all.

Getting there:

Our flight was arriving at midnight and I wanted to arrange transportation ahead of time. Vicky has recommended a company where you can make a booking online. Once again - a few clicks, PayPal payment and I had a confirmation in my inbox. The round trip From/To Cancun airport was $105 US for the 4 of us with 4 big bags.

Our flight was delayed for over an hour but the company rep was waiting for us. No issues with transportation.

Apartment and property:

The apartment is quite roomy, VERY clean and VERY well maintained. It exceeded our expectations. The welcome package of snacks, coffee and beer was very helpful since we've arrived very late at night. There were 2 big water bottles with a dispenser. A replacement bottle was only $4 US or so.

There is a very useful Welcome book that outlines all you need to know about the property, local food, travel, medical services and etc. Much better than the one you find in 5 star hotels.

The apartment has a full kitchen and a bunch of small appliances. All very clean and in a great condition.

All 3 balconies have chairs which was quite nice.

There is a flat screen TV and a DVD player. I can't comment on the available channels as we didn't turn it on.

The pool area is quiet. I saw a sign that electronic devices were prohibited there meaning no phones. I loved that.

The grounds are constantly maintained. If you simply want to peacefully enjoy your day, go there and relax.

There are also some regular events by the pool which we missed.

Management:

All I can say here - the nicest people we've met. Very helpful, everything is soooo well organised. ;-)))

Location:

To me, the location is one if the key benefits of this place. The beach is really 1 block away. Beach chairs and towels are available for you at the apartment and it is really an easy walk there. We are divers and we were walking back and forth with full gear with no problem (and I really do not like walking in my gear ;-) ).

The 5th Ave is just a couple of blocks away but at this place you do not get all the noise of the street. You walk there, enjoy it can come back to the peace and quietness.

If you want to get to the other side of the 5th Ave, a cab ride is between $4 and $8, depending on the cab.

If you want to explore ruins or parks around Playa Del Carmen, you can rent a car (which in our case appeared to be too expensive) or grab a cab. If you go with a cab, negotiate - we've started from a $130 for a round trip to Tulum and ended up with $150 for almost full day trip to Tulum, cenotes and one more place 20 minutes from Tulum.

Diving:

If you are interested in Diving, there is a shop in the same building, Beyond Diving. The owner, Eric is one of the most experienced divers in the area actually. He is a professional cave diver who was recommended to us by our dive shop/course director in Canada. If you really want to learn to dive or if you already know and want to have a great time or learn more - go there.

I hope this helps guys.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and how well the property is maintained
Liked least: Water pressure, that the only thing I can think of
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Dinah E
Phoenix, Arizona
“Home away from Home...”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

The condo was on the 2nd floor which is good for me but not elderly people or people with ailments. Stayed at Alizes last year and loved it so much I came back. Casa Bonita is decorated very nicely, however it does need some freshening up, paint, utensils. The staff is wonderful and super helpful with any needs. Love this place.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the staff
Liked least: the property is great. The condo just needed a thourogh cleaning.
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Older travelers
Dawn N
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
“Perfection”
Reviewed 23 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012

This is an awesome property - a block to the beach, plenty of shopping, restaurant choices nearby. The condo is extremely comfortable and fully equipped - we appreciated having beach chairs, umbrella and cooler. New flat screen tv - and internet connection was fine. Vicky and Scott are awesome hosts - from the moment I first emailed Vicky back in July 2012, she was always very responsive and helpful. We had the unit cleaned half-way through our visit by Maria and Alma - they did an outstanding job, very inexpensive. Highly recommend this property.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Loved the location and the comfort of the condo.
Liked least: Mexican beds - too hard!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
BC
Reviewed 10 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing