“Best Beer in town! If your tired of drinking boring mex beer all the time, this is the place to go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Club de la Cerveza

Club de la Cerveza
Ranked #8 of 1,242 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Amplia variedad de cervezas artesanales mexicanas e importadas (Belgica, Alemania, Inglaterra, USA, etc.) Variety of mexican craft beers and imported (Belgium, Germany, England, USA)
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Me and my partner live here in Playa and we go here ALL the time! BEst beer in town! If you are always on the hunt for locals beers when you travel then you have to visit Club de la Cervesa! We are definatly regulars there now! Miguel is awesome, very friendly and very very knowledgable on all the beers, and that over 70 beers! from mexican craft brews to some belgium and enlish beers. They serve you popcorn at your table, and have a tapas menu as well that is awesome! he is always playing good music in his place and is always very welcomming! I wouldnt go there three times a week if it wasnt good! trust me!
Check it out forsure if you are in the area! you wont be disppointed! I promise!

Cincinnati, Ohio
“The Search for GOOD beer is over!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

Where to find "good" beer in Playa has come up on this forum from time to time.

On my trip last week I found the answer to that question.

I'm happy to tell you where you can go and sample some great craft beers from Mexico and from all over the world!

Club De La Cervesa is open and welcoming any and all that appreciate trying something new or are looking for an old favorite.

The owner, Miguel, is both knowledgeble and welcoming, you will feel like you have come to his home to sample his own stock.

From Mexican Pale Ales, Red Ales and Stouts to some of the best Belgium and English beers, you will not be dissapointed by the selection or the price.

He also offers some light appetizers as well as some buttery popcorn to accompany your brew.

So easy to find, he is located on 5th Avenue in the north end, on the east side of the street just south of 38th street.

As a long time visitor to Playa I have to say this is one of my favorite finds!

Victoria, Canada
“For those who truly love great beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

We went to this place looking for a draft my husband was hoping for. They don't serve it but are we ever pleased to have found this place!! The owners, a young couple just starting out, understand beer and have a passion for great craft beers. Over 80 kinds of beer from all over the world, I had the Mexcian Minerva beer (I don't usually drink beer but loved this one), my husband tried several dark stouts and on the suggestion of Miguel, the owner, tried a beer from the USA that he usually avoids...a Samuel Adams of all things....He loved it. The pubs atmosphere is perfect and location though the North end of 5th is well worth a stroll. Whether you are a beer lover or not, you have to give this little pub a try!! We went a few nights in a row and will return.

Bound Brook, New Jersey
“Beer hunter's paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

Whenever, wherever I travel, I'm on the lookout for good local brew I know can't find at home. Miguel, the owner, has put his soul into finding and offering true craft beer from Mexican breweries that I, as a beer geek, had never heard of, as well as quality selections from Belgium, Germany, etc. Who knew Mexican breweries were turning out Imperial Alts and chewy Brown Ales? Well done! At the time of this post, the tap system was about to be installed, augmenting the already impressive bottle list.

Grand Cayman
“Sweet spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

Great little spot that keeps getting better. Try their selections of obscure (to me) Mexican cervezas. It's the service from the two owners that does it for me.