“Like a dream...”

Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel
Ranked #38 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I stayed for three days at Blue Diamond as our honeymoon in August.
The hotel is located about 30 minutes away
by a car from the airport in Cancun,
There were  guest rooms , spa, pool, and  two restaurants are  in
the vast grounds.

The room that we stayed,
is  "Laguna Deluxe Junior Suite".
The room is on the second floor
of a two-story building.
it was a room where you can relax
on  the balcony, with hearing  the chirping of birds.

There was a  bottle of sparkling wine as a welcome drink in the room,
And also jacuzzi, shower room, toilet,
 was very clean.

There are two restaurants in the hotel.
Both menus are very delicious, I was very satisfied.

I took advantage of the spa.
Private room is available for two people,
I had a moment like a dream.

For the people of hotel
Everyone is friendly,  they have comfortable atmosphere.

I had to ride a cart from room to move wherever I go.
Therefore,  I had to ask the concierge to pick us up on every move.
But, they always pick us up with smile, it felt peace of my mind.

There are people who I want to say thank you in particular.
Sophie, Florisel, Rogelio, Caesar.

Sophie, Thank you very much for the effort trying to understand my poor English.

Florisel, Thank you for your service with always smile from the beginning to farewell.

Rogelio, He is the first person who tried to pronounce our first name.
Our first name is difficult to pronounce for them,but he tried. We really appreciated that!!

Caesar, I always greeted with a smile,
loose tension. Thank you.

Forget the hustle and bustle of the city,
when you want to relax
My recommendation is Blue Diamond!!

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank Mayusakiruko

Reviewed 25 August 2012

Honestly if you just want to have a romantic and relaxing holiday with your better half this is the place to go! I have travelled quite a bit but this resort was so amazing that I truly wanted to live there. It was just heaven! The staff were all amazing very welcoming, friendly, always available and knew our names which gave it a very personal service. The food was AMAZING! literally I felt every day from breakfast to dinner I was in a 5 star michelin restaurant. We didn't want to stay in the resort all the time so we decided to go do a lot of activities like snorkeling, swim with tortugas, visit Cenotes and the pyramids. The staff in the resort helped us to choose which better places to visit and how to do it. The pack we bought everything was included, drinks, food, spa, a maya ritual, snorkeling and kayak. The things that werent included such as some of the wines it was clearly informed with a pricing list.
The spa was heavenly gorgeous and the only things excluded were special massages/treatments. Again whatever had a price it is excluded from our package.
So in seven days we lived in this awesome resort, with some friendly bugs and reptiles part of jungle theme (I pretty much hate all the insects but this place just changed me, I was actually coexisting with them and had no trouble), our apartment was elegantly decorated, cleaners came twice a day. We ate and drank the best food and cocktails ever, we relaxed at the spa steam room, thermal pool, we done kayak, snorkeling and catamaran. We saw some circus show in front of the pool, we played golf, and still went to do all this exterior activities in the beautiful riviera maya.
The last day we were there laying on the beach chairs Cesar came to let us know they were doing a barbeque at the beach of fish and prawns YUMM! OH YES they would come to the beach to ask u if you want to eat or drink anything.
This is literally a hidden treasure in riviera maya! But not ideal for people that are expecting to just stay in the resort, partying and probably playing slot machines...
Also contrary than other reviewers, weve done so much and ate and drank so much and at the end of the holidays we didnt have to pay extras... Common people just stop being greedy and annoying, u already have so much included...

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MelanieAlves
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We just got back last week ( Aug 11, 18 th ) from Blue Diamond and all I can say is WOW. !!!! We have traveled Mexico a great deal and stayed at some very fine resorts , but this is truely a " Gem " We read the reviews on it before canceling our previous resort choice and choosing to stay there and found some reviews that were not accurate. The food was beyond what I expected for a resort , its all ala carte and thats okay , you can always order more. They have 2 restaurants that flip flop every other night , no buffett at the resort . A couple of web sites said there was one.
Now the pro's and con's . We stayed originally in a pool suite , the AC did not work and after several attempts to fix it we were given an upgrade to a Lagoona Suite, Room 625 last one on the right. I highly recommend these units because the upper unit has a roof top for sun tanning with a shower to cool off , the room was not as big as our previous pool suite but the view from the roof top made it worth the while . The picture you see is part of the beach front resorts, in front of the Lagoona, and its also the Presidential Suite you are seeing , so a little disceiving
If you are looking for a party resort , this is NOT for you . Its couples only and when we were there it was only 15 % occupency so we rarely saw people accept when eating or if you went to the pool . The beach was okay at best and the pier you see on the pictures is not open to walk out on and the gazebo is gone as well.
Its a very long walk from the front desk area to the beach so they give you your own bikes to use for a week .
The room was stocked every day with whatever alcohol you prefer in un opened flask bottles so no watered down drinks here.
DO NOT obsess over the weather , 3 of the 7 days we were there the weather called for 80 % chance of rain , never happened , it did rain a few times, but that was at night .
The staff was fantastic and most are required to speak English in order to work there .
Here is a tip. If you book through Apple for instance , they have a price match deal, and we found the exact same resort set up on Expedia for $ 2.000 less and made Apple match it ,so do your homework .
If one of the staff advises you to visit Lupis Jewelry , ( 5 min up the road ) , saying they have great deals on Silver , PASS !!! on it , its WAY WAY over priced.
Now if you've never been to the ruins at Tulum , by all means go or visit Coba's ruins ,,both are about $ 70 - $ 100 per couple , or you can rent a car at the resort and do the tour yourself . Also at Tulum it has one of the better places to shop , beats the hell out of Playa Del Carmen ( Tourist Trap ) big time.. much better deals at Tulum and more fun negotiating with them.
I really recommend Blue Diamond , very relaxing , very romantic and very private .

Room Tip: Lagoona Suites with roof top view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I'm not the type to write reviews but my stay at Blue Diamond was so wonderful I was compelled to do so. This was my third visit to the Riviera Maya. I previously stayed at Playacar Palace and The Maroma. I have stayed at 4 other A.I. resorts in the Caribbean. All around I have to say this was my best AI vacation ever, a large part was due to the amazing hospitality of Victor, Omar, and Jose. These three did everything and anything to make sure we were happy for our stay.

The property and rooms were beautiful and well appointed with perfectly manicured grounds, definitely on par with other top tier resorts. I found to food to be a cut above the rest. I an from NY and live in Manhattan where great food is abundant. When I travel to AI resorts I have learned through experience NOT to expect good food. It's not really why I go anyway but for me that's always a huge disappointment. Well I was pleasantly surprised. The food was good, some of it really good.. They do their best to keep a relaxed yet elegant meal presentation with dinner coming with a four course menu, no buffet tables in sight. They also worked within my dietary restrictions (I can't have dairy). I actually looked forward to meals which was a beautiful surprise. For a service fee you can have room service, which is 24hours. We did not use this but as a late night eater it was great to have this option. I had read in another review that service was slow. Well I say the pace of service was relaxed but your on vacation, who wants to rush through meals when you have the most beautiful views and are supposed to slow down. You have access to food all day so I doubt you'll arrive to the table famished. I found the slower pace perfect for a relaxing vacation.

Another adorable bonus was you were given the option to have your own beach cruiser bike as your mode of transportation during your stay. The property is a little over a 1/2 mile long so golf cart transportation is at your fingertips but we chose bikes...It was so much fun, I felt like a kid, it really added a whimsical element to our stay.

As for activities they have several pool options, as well as a private beach were they offer snorkeling and other water sports, golf (this I did not inquire about), yoga (I look a class and it was very nice), they offered a sushi making class (I did this and it was so much fun), the spa (which was beautiful. I has 2 treatments which were good but not great. The therapist didn't quite seem at the level I would expect for a resort of this caliber), and they offer Temazcal. I have had the opportunity to participate in one previously as well as several sweet lodges. I was worried I would get a "watered down" experience because it was though the spa at the resort. Jose assured me I would not be disappointed, boy was he right. It was a transformative experience and I will never forget it. I think it was the highlight of my trip.

We did not do many off premiss activities but there is a tour adviser available daily to help assist you in any activities you want to try. The only one we did was horseback riding at Bonanza. It was awesome. The horses were very well maintained and safety was a priority. It was only my second time on a horse and I'm so glad we went.

When planing this trip I knew I wanted to do something special for our 2 year anniversary so I contacted the resort about a dinner on the beach. Omar responded and was happy to set it up (this was not included in the AI price) He also suggested they could set up the room while we were at the dinner with rose petals on the bed. It was a wonderful dinner (and they adjusted for my dietary requests) and the room was so beautiful and romantic.

A few MINOR points of attention, they have no Pay Per View so feel free to bring DVDs if movies are of interest to you. My room had a great totally private huge outdoor relaxation tub. I think in the description they said it was a hot tub or jacuzzi. It is not heated and there are no jets, the description is just not correct, but it did not detract from lounging in it. Also the breakfast and tapas bar menu (only those two) had some inconsistency from what was written and what I received. The two instances was that the omelet comes with cheese automatically but did not mention that on the menu (they made it without when I asked) and there were supposed to be 4 different kinds of ceviche at the tapas bar but other than the protein they were exactly the same. Having food restrictions/allergies I'm probably more sensitive to this than most.

I can't say enough great things about the vacation and I can't wait to go back

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank misnatalie
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Just spent 1 week at the Blue Diamond and had an amazing experience. If you want a quiet, relaxing vacation and to be treated like royalty then stay here. The resort is small and very private however it is spread out so the staff picks you up and drives you around in golf carts. You also have the option of getting a bicycle or walking. There are two restaurants on the property and the menu changes daily and the food is fantastic. You cannot miss the Diamond Poached Eggs for Breakfast, Amazing!! What truly makes this resort stand out is the personal attention from the staff. They know you by name, your food preferences and drinks. Rodrigo the manager is fantastic and greets you each day. Jesus, Cesar and Omar took care of everything. A must go. One note: This is a place to relax and recharge. If you are looking for entertainment and partying - this is not the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Magic Blue Hotel
#52 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
2.8 km away
Platinum Yucatan Princess All Suites & Spa Resort
Platinum Yucatan Princess All Su...
#61 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Royal Hideaway Playacar
#37 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
29.0 km away
Breathless Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

Been to Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!