The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$416
US$374
US$210
US$183
Bookit.com
The Palm at Playa(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$129
  • Breakfast included
Riviera Maya Suites(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$105
US$322
US$229
Melia.com
Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$117
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$425
US$329
  • Beachfront
La Pasion Hotel Boutique by Bunik(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$52
La Tortuga Hotel & Spa(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$92
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Banyan Tree Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$595
US$352
HotelsClick
2,107 results
All reviewsambar restaurantcevichepatio suitegolf cartoutdoor tubbeachfront casitaamber restaurantcigar loungesteam roomall inclusive resortwalk in closetconcierge officepool barquiet resortspa areadouble showerbreakfast and lunch
Reviewed 18 April 2016

I stayed at the Blue Diamond with my boyfriend for 5 nights. We were surprised by the beauty of the nature that surrounds every space of the hotel. We came across with lots of beautiful animals such as coatis, raccoons, a deer, iguanas, and even a small crocodile. The room was very comfortable, spacious, and private. The public spaces were well maintained and clean. Even though it is true that the food is better than the food of a regular all inclusive hotel, do not expect to eat the best meal of your life. In general, the service was ok.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2016

This was our second stay with Blue Diamond and again it was truly wonderful! This is the perfect place for a couple to go to be pampered. No kids allowed, its heaven! The resort is not big so you get a great deal of personalized service. Everyone knew us by name within a day. We were placed in the same room we were the first time which was still very well maintained. I would like to see more snack options in the minibar. The bed is very comfortable, the A/C this time did seem to have trouble keeping up.
There are only 2 restaurants but we never got tired and the menu was changed daily, I would like to see a "breakfast special" as that menu was the same everyday. The grounds are maintained very well and the pools are great. We pretty much always went to Ambar for dinner.
Very sadly it seems there was a group of individuals who decided to play the "towel game" to reserve chairs, that's very popular at the lower class resorts. I don't know where they thought they were but I saw chairs and beds not utilized for hours. Overall its a shame people do this but its also a shame that the resort doesn't remove these items after a time period. Yes, we all want a good chair but this isn't a big resort there is no reason to be so considerate. Pool / beach service was amazing as was the service overall.
One thing I don't understand is the gym hours, I like a early morning workout and the gym doesn't open until 7. (yes I know I'm on vacation but I'm up at 6 and had to wait around for them to open)
Another thing, TIP! Its amazing how far $5 will get you. I don't care if your package said tips were included. (they're likely really not) You just spend $5K for a week in Mexico, $200 in ones isn't going to brake the bank and will mean a lot to these people that work so hard.
I suggest get on the bike list asap. That makes getting around much more enjoyable. They've started getting pretty heavy with pushing the timeshares. They set up an appointment with their concierge. (Which we didn't go to) I'm sorry but I'm on vacation to escape appointments and no matter what anyone tells you no timeshare is a good investment! Overall it was a perfect vacation. Well done Blue Diamond!

Room Tip: Closer to the water the better
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matthieu25
Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

On my first visit to the hotel I thought it was unique and interesting and food was ok. It wasn't great but ok. I only spent 3 days here and wasn't that involved in decision making. So when I was looking for a place to go to with my parents, I thought they'd like it. I booked it. Paid $10,000 for two rooms for a week plus flights of course. I didn't expect much. But I definitely expected AC working in the rooms. Both of our rooms had AC issues. After calling concierge multiple times they said they fixed it. Upon arrival it was 24 celcius in the room. Pretty high even in Fahrenheits. Both rooms. After multiple hours of prescious vacation they made one room to be 22.5. Was a very disappointing experience. I don't expect much but I do expect livable conditions. Sleeping in humid hot room isn't my idea of vacation. May be I am spoiled. Or may be the outside looks better than the inside. Take it or leave it. If you want comfort and enjoyable vacation I'd choose another option.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katsb1
Reviewed 14 April 2016

First time to Mexico and first time to an all-inclusive resort and I have nothing but great things to say about the Blue Diamond Riviera Maya. Food was superb, service was excellent, and the resort was beautiful. I highly recommend this place for couples looking to getaway. Only drawback was no nightlife except for two bars that stayed open after dinner.

Room Tip: We asked for an upgrade upon our arrival, and were given a nicer room closer to the beach.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matt J
Reviewed 10 April 2016

If you are looking for an adults only getaway with michelin starred quality food, this really is the place to be! You can even have fillet steak and fine french wine everyday if that's your tipple, and the quality is better than most central London restaurants. There is no night life or entertainment as such as this is more of a spa resort, perfect for an adult chill out. We had the Palafitos suites which are simply divine looking over a lagoon, very special indeed and also come with your own butler! There are many resorts and reviews online and it was hard to avoid the cabaret butlins style hotels, but with 3/4 restaurants on site which all operate like restaurants ie. you have to book and wear shoes and sleeves, it was truly fabulous!

Room Tip: Palafitos suites are really special - there are only a handful of these so try and get them!
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple