Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel
Soho Playa Hotel(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$99
Orbitz.com
La Pasion Hotel Boutique by Bunik(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$76
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$231
US$191
US$161
US$126
Riviera Maya Suites(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$120
La Tortuga Hotel & Spa(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$63
  • Pool
Eurostars Hacienda Vista Real(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$72
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$80/night.

The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$300
US$649
US$345
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$487
US$349
Priceline
  • Beachfront
1,975 results
All reviewscevicheambar restaurantpatio suitegolf cartoutdoor tubcenote suitebeachfront casitaamber restaurantcigar loungeall inclusive resortsteam roomwalk in closetpool barconcierge officequiet resortspa areahuge bathroom
Reviewed 20 April 2016

My husband and I just returned from five nights at Blue Diamond, and the entire experience was everything a relaxing beach vacation should be. Our (already high) expectations were completely surpassed by the stunning setting, the peaceful vibe, the exceptional food and the first-rate service.

We were celebrating my husband's birthday, and from the moment we arrived, the staff went above and beyond to make the experience special, starting with an upgrade to a beautiful Palafitos suite with a rooftop deck and outdoor shower overlooking a cenote. We felt like royalty the entire time.

Everything was truly spectacular. We had to have said, "This is perfect," at least 100 times! The beach is like something out of a postcard, the pool area pristine and overlooking the Caribbean, the grounds were meticulously kept and so peaceful.

It was so nice that the all-inclusive food was not only a la carte, but so much better than we've experienced at past resorts. We especially enjoyed the fresh fruit and delicious ceviche and sashimi.

It's rare that we have no complaints whatsoever about an experience, but in this case, we honestly couldn't say one bad thing. In fact, words don't do justice to how gorgeous and peaceful the resort was and how relaxed and happy we felt the entire time.

Blue Diamond has put all past beach vacations to shame and we're already looking forward to returning as soon as we can. If you're looking for peace and quiet in a jaw-droppingly beautiful place with amazing food, I don't think you could ask for a more perfect place.

Reviewed 18 April 2016

I stayed at the Blue Diamond with my boyfriend for 5 nights. We were surprised by the beauty of the nature that surrounds every space of the hotel. We came across with lots of beautiful animals such as coatis, raccoons, a deer, iguanas, and even a small crocodile. The room was very comfortable, spacious, and private. The public spaces were well maintained and clean. Even though it is true that the food is better than the food of a regular all inclusive hotel, do not expect to eat the best meal of your life. In general, the service was ok.

Reviewed 15 April 2016

This was our second stay with Blue Diamond and again it was truly wonderful! This is the perfect place for a couple to go to be pampered. No kids allowed, its heaven! The resort is not big so you get a great deal of personalized service. Everyone knew us by name within a day. We were placed in the same room we were the first time which was still very well maintained. I would like to see more snack options in the minibar. The bed is very comfortable, the A/C this time did seem to have trouble keeping up.
There are only 2 restaurants but we never got tired and the menu was changed daily, I would like to see a "breakfast special" as that menu was the same everyday. The grounds are maintained very well and the pools are great. We pretty much always went to Ambar for dinner.
Very sadly it seems there was a group of individuals who decided to play the "towel game" to reserve chairs, that's very popular at the lower class resorts. I don't know where they thought they were but I saw chairs and beds not utilized for hours. Overall its a shame people do this but its also a shame that the resort doesn't remove these items after a time period. Yes, we all want a good chair but this isn't a big resort there is no reason to be so considerate. Pool / beach service was amazing as was the service overall.
One thing I don't understand is the gym hours, I like a early morning workout and the gym doesn't open until 7. (yes I know I'm on vacation but I'm up at 6 and had to wait around for them to open)
Another thing, TIP! Its amazing how far $5 will get you. I don't care if your package said tips were included. (they're likely really not) You just spend $5K for a week in Mexico, $200 in ones isn't going to brake the bank and will mean a lot to these people that work so hard.
I suggest get on the bike list asap. That makes getting around much more enjoyable. They've started getting pretty heavy with pushing the timeshares. They set up an appointment with their concierge. (Which we didn't go to) I'm sorry but I'm on vacation to escape appointments and no matter what anyone tells you no timeshare is a good investment! Overall it was a perfect vacation. Well done Blue Diamond!

Room Tip: Closer to the water the better
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matthieu25
Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

On my first visit to the hotel I thought it was unique and interesting and food was ok. It wasn't great but ok. I only spent 3 days here and wasn't that involved in decision making. So when I was looking for a place to go to with my parents, I thought they'd like it. I booked it. Paid $10,000 for two rooms for a week plus flights of course. I didn't expect much. But I definitely expected AC working in the rooms. Both of our rooms had AC issues. After calling concierge multiple times they said they fixed it. Upon arrival it was 24 celcius in the room. Pretty high even in Fahrenheits. Both rooms. After multiple hours of prescious vacation they made one room to be 22.5. Was a very disappointing experience. I don't expect much but I do expect livable conditions. Sleeping in humid hot room isn't my idea of vacation. May be I am spoiled. Or may be the outside looks better than the inside. Take it or leave it. If you want comfort and enjoyable vacation I'd choose another option.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katsb1
Reviewed 14 April 2016

First time to Mexico and first time to an all-inclusive resort and I have nothing but great things to say about the Blue Diamond Riviera Maya. Food was superb, service was excellent, and the resort was beautiful. I highly recommend this place for couples looking to getaway. Only drawback was no nightlife except for two bars that stayed open after dinner.

Room Tip: We asked for an upgrade upon our arrival, and were given a nicer room closer to the beach.
2  Thank Matt J