The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$356
  • Breakfast included
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$150
  • Breakfast included
The Palm at Playa(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$463
US$287
Melia.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$321/night.

Riviera Maya Suites(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$140
Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club(Playa del Carmen)
US$154
US$121
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$419
US$319
  • Beachfront
La Pasion Hotel Boutique by Bunik(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$50
La Tortuga Hotel & Spa(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$89
  • Pool
2,096 results
All reviewsambar restaurantcevichepatio suitegolf cartoutdoor tubbeachfront casitaamber restaurantcigar loungesteam roomall inclusive resortwalk in closetconcierge officepool barquiet resortspa areadouble showerbreakfast and lunch
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

What initially compelled us to the Blue Diamond was its small, boutique style all-inclusive. No mass buffets, no crowded chow-halls, every meal is cooked to order and nothing short of AMAZING. If you need a setting where you can truly unwind, get some down-time and be a little pampered, this is your place. It was 5 days of heaven.

Every room is a suite, oversized and filled with fine linens and upscale toiletries. Through CostcoTravel we received a free upgrade to a Laguna Suite which included an unlimited mini bar with premium liquor, coffee service and snacks. We had fluffy bathrobes and slippers. The bathroom was amazing with two indoor his/hers rain showers enclosed in clear glass next to floor to ceiling windows. At the rear of the bathroom is a private, walled terrace with an outdoor bath. The bath is fillable with tepid water which is perfect for the hot climate. I would describe the bathroom and room decor as tropical minimalist. Dark woods, simple art, agate sinks and bright white limestone makes for a very soothing room. We also had beautiful wicker sofas and a walk in closet. Nightly turn-down service as well.

In my years of traveling the world, this is the consistently best food I've had at a resort! Three restaurants (2 casual, 1 upscale for dinner only) serve an impressive array of dishes. The Ambar is the upscale dinner restaurant and we had lobster, tenderloin and some desserts that were masterpieces. Our server was Hermino who kindly arranged for a romantic dinner for us complete with rose petals and candles. Hermino, and the other waitstaff (Sandra at AguaMarina, Ricardo at the Pool Bar) are the real reason we'll be back. The made you feel like family at the same time they effortlessly catered to your EVERY whim. I loved to exchange stories about the Mexican culture and our kids with these fine folks. They are equally adept at being completely unobtrusive and allowing you to doze by the pool in quiet reflection. I hope they are all here next year!

We spent half a day in the spa which was gender-divided. It contained the usual spa-like services. We had the option of some water sports but opted to go 100% lounge-lizard and stayed at the pool which is kinda of the epicenter of chillaxing. We snagged a pool-bed daily and meandered over to grab a bite when the mood struck us. Also had food brought to us from the Ceviche Restaurant, yum!

Lastly, you're basically in a jungle and we thoroughly enjoyed the comedic wildlife that is beloved by the staff and always around. Geronimo the Spider Monkey was happy to pose for a picture and eat a banana, the large family of Coatimundi clowned around the pool walls, Esmeralda the Croc might have been slipped a little chicken from my plate and the Iguanas, Birds and giant Guinea Pig thingy all made a cameo.

In summary, give Jose Luis at the concierge a call and he'll make you feel right at home!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JRKGirl
Gabriella C, Gerente at Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience, regarding your recent stay at Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel, reviews like yours encourage us to keep working hard every day and keep improving all our services and facilities for your total satisfaction and when we read we have accomplish the goal with you it is very gratifying.
All comments are sent to our staff and will be shared especially with Herminio, Sandra, Ricardo, Jose Luis, they will be pleased to know that their service has been recognized, thank you! Unfortunately we cannot do the same with Geronimo, Esmeralda and all our Little friends which are part of this beautiful place.
Hope to see you back in the near future,

Reviewed 14 August 2017

This is the first time we've stayed at an all inclusive resort so I was a little skittish, especially being a bit of a "food snob" (my wife's term, not mine!). The BD provided some of the best service we've experienced anywhere in the world, and we've traveled extensively on business. Others have mentioned the same re: service, but this team really knows what they're doing.
Food was really good... think European in terms of quality & quantity. Several restaurants to choose from and menus change daily. Overall my wife and I gave the food a solid "A" grade and I'm a tough grader! If you're into wine, gratis selections are decent, but there are some nice bottles to choose from if you're willing to pay an up-charge at modest price-points. Room was very nice, my wife loved it. Gym was nicely appointed. Our only gripes, and they were minor: 1) Ambar restaurant was a bit hot the nights we went; 2) AC was decent but never got room as cool as we would normally have it. But, these are nits. Overall, an outstanding experience and would highly recommend it! We'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
GeertDebruyne, DIRECTOR at Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear valued guest,

We are absolutely delighted to read your amazing review regarding your latest trip to the Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel, sharing your experiences with future visitors.

At the Blue Diamond we strive to keep pace with the very best.
Choice continues to be what we are all about, a greater variety of memorable experiences.
Our Quality in service you receive is another key attribute, therefore we are very pleased to realize through your comments that we were able to offer you an excellent and unforgettable experience.

We look forward to having you back very soon, and we will definitely prepare to exceed your expectations.

Kind regards
Geert Debruyne

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I want to start off by saying how much I LOVED this hotel. The service is impeccable. The staff are amazing. I used to come here back in the day when it was the Mandarin Oriental and I have to say the service and quality have held under the current management.

Now the bad part - STAY AWAY from financing your beach club membership. Not because of the hotel, but because of the institution they've chosen to do business with. If you're going to do the membership - they finance with a company called Monterrey Financial. They are constantly making mistakes in taking payments and reporting your payments properly. First I was assured that this would not be reported to the credit agencies for some odd reason after a year (with immaculate payment history) they put it on my credit which adjusted my ratios. Fine, no biggie. Then started the issues with proper payments being taken, calls saying I didn't pay when I see clearly that funds were taken at the beginning of each month in question. The last straw was some random mistake last month when they processed a payment incorrectly and caused me to incur a fee on my card. My card company had to dispute the charge after discussing the error they made with them directly. When you call to correct they are argumentative, abrasive & combative when it comes to correcting it and want you to take time out of your day after spending an hour on the phone with them to send them items to fix their mistake because they cannot find their own mistakes.

This is very telling about what kind of operation this place is running. Absolutely livid with these people on principle. Janelle Lucas in accounting at MF - this one's for you. Thanks for souring my experience with BLUE BAY. She might as well be a call center rep for a bottom rate company - her subordinates are more professional and she's supposedly a manager.

HONESTLY FOR 450.00 A YEAR YOU COULD JUST GET A PLATINUM AMEX - WITH AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR THE SAME KIND OF PERKS and have access to 6 star resorts all around the world, with again, IMPECCABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

I WISH SOMEONE HAD POSTED ABOUT THIS WHEN I BOOKED SO I COULD KNOW AHEAD!!! WHILE I WILL CONTINUE TO STAY AT THE HOTEL I WILL NOT BE RENEWING MY MEMBERSHIP AFTER SPEAKING WITH JANELLE LUCAS AT MONTERREY FINANCIAL.

It's sad, because again, this is a great hotel. But I'm now loathe to refer anyone to it. I'm loathe to even use my membership - god forbid a friend or family member have these kind of experiences and remember that I connected them to it.

Blue Bay should carefully consider what kind of branding and image they want to uphold. It's being overshadowed by this financer.

Room Tip: MEMBERSHIP IN CASH. Not worth hassles w/ bottom rate financial co. Or just get a Platinum Amex, it's cheaper/ better service/same perks.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Gabriella C, Gerente at Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear "Alxialala",
First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel.
It's great to know that you LOVE our Hotel, the staff, the service and that you will be back, nevertheless it's with regrets that we know about the issue that you had and I have already passed your comments to the department involved in order to give the necessary follow up to this situation.
Despite this situation you still rated our Hotel with 5 stars and you encourage us to keep working hard every day and keep improving all our services and facilities for your total satisfaction and when we read we have accomplish the goal with you it is very gratifying.
Please feel free to contact us it will be a pleasure to assist you and we hope to see you back soon in the near future,

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel at 2am Day of and got an incredible deal on Travelocity. It was even more of a deal when I arrived and realized it was all inclusive. I came here because of the all the reviews I read. And People? They are all on point. The Staff is 100% wonderful from the lobby the the pool staff and everyone in the mile stretch inbetween. The large venue is incredible. Beautifully maintained. My Suite was spacious, gorgeous - every detail is thought of. My sheets? OMG my sheets - so soft! The backyard? Yes I had a backyard with even an outside bathtub/plunge pool. The food was fantastic. The beach is uncommercialized, I took a walk as the sun went downlegit owned the beach. I felt safe. The sunrise is the best - what a great place to feel affirmation and watch a sunrise. The no kids was nice because I didn't have my kids and the other places I stayed on this epic last minute journey I was on had noisy kids at the pool. It was all couples, I was alone, and it was fine. I thought it was the perfect place for self discovery, journal writing, walking and chilling. I was treated with respect, felt safe, and felt lucky to be at such an incredible venue for a night that was next level. Im on instagram @jenjfw is you want to see pictures and my writing.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Jen W
Gabriella C, Gerente at Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Mrs. Jen,

On behalf of all our staff and management I wouls like to thank you for posting your review about your recent stay at Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel.
It's so grateful to read that you not just enjoyed of your stay, but even that you felt safe, treated with respect and that we reached our goal: fulfill your expectations.
I even have to thank you for the wonderful pictures you posted on instagram and the nice comments you wrote about your vacation.
As single career Mother, we are glad to know that we help you to take this well deserved deep breath!
Hope you will be back in the near future and please feel free to contact us it will be a pleasure to host you again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2017

My girlfriend and I traveled to the Blue Diamond for the last week of July, where we stayed for 5 nights. We both agreed that the Blue Diamond was a fantastic choice. The seclusion of this resort was exactly what we were looking for. The whole vibe of the hotel was very relaxed which made it a great place to rejuvenate.

The first thing that comes to mind was the service. We were treated with respect at every part of the hotel. If we were sitting around the pool, we did not need to track down an employee to refill our drinks or order food. The servers were always on top of it, and they were always walking around or offering to refill our drinks. The food was great as well. We did not have one meal that we didn't enjoy. The shows at the Aquamarina restaurant were enjoyable, and they changed there menu there daily so we felt like there were always good options.

We stayed at a Patio Junior Suite. We really liked our room. It was very spacious, and very secluded with a private bathtub and patio. We elected to reserve bikes for our trip which was a great idea. Although the staff was fast when we would need to request golf carts at night, it was nice to be able to leave at any time, and the beach was only a short 5 minute bike ride away. We did not mind the necessity of riding our bikes 5 minutes to the beach/restaurants due to the fact that our room was very comforting and private.

The beach sane was very white, and there was no rush to wake up early to get a comfortable place at the beach. If you are looking for very clear/blue water, this may not meet your expectations, but we felt like it was still a good beach and they took good care of the seaweed. The water is a little bit murkier than a few other places we have visited, but we still made sure to enjoy our time in the ocean.

Overall, we were very pleased with our stay at the Blue Diamond. To mention some of the names that stick out, we appreciate the services from Victor, Antonio, Javier and Jose although everyone there was very respectful. We will definitely be returning guests.

Room Tip: The Patio Junior Suits were very spacious for 2 people and we felt very comfortable. Make sure to request bed sheet changes if you wish
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest "2102ap",

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel.
We are very happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay and that you liked our beach, food, romos and our staff service.
it's very grateful for us to read that our staff made your stay so special that you can remember their names!!
They will be very happy to read about your comments, it's thanks to comments like yours that we work hard day by day because nothing is more grateful than the satisfaction of our guests.
We really hope to see you back in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact us it will be a pleasure to host you back "home",