The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$426
US$272
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
The Palm at Playa(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$164
US$210
US$183
Bookit.com
Riviera Maya Suites(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$431
US$287
Melia.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$318/night.

Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$511
US$329
  • Beachfront
Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club(Playa del Carmen)
US$220
US$211
Hotels.com
La Tortuga Hotel & Spa(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$65
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$75/night.

La Pasion Hotel Boutique by Bunik(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$52
Banyan Tree Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$464
US$352
HotelsClick
2,104 results
All reviewsambar restaurantcevichepatio suitegolf cartoutdoor tubbeachfront casitaamber restaurantcigar loungesteam roomall inclusive resortwalk in closetconcierge officepool barquiet resortspa areadouble showerbreakfast and lunch
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Having booked a last minute holiday to Mexico to beat the January blues with a female friend, we weren't expecting much. Needless to say, our expectations were greatly surpassed.

We had the most wonderful stay. We enjoyed a relatively quite resort, fabulous food (breakfast being the true highlight with the Mexican eggs...), a wonderful spa experience.. but more importantly absolutely excellent service - kind, thoughtful, but not intrusive.

I had arrived with a bit of a cold, and the staff couldn't do enough for me, suggesting some hot drinks, remedies, offering extra blankets and hot tea and honey... even the ladies at the spa made some suggestions regarding what I could do to help alleviate my sinus problems (incidentally we also did the signature blue diamond treatment which was mindblowingly good). I was blown away by the kindness and generosity of the staff - something I haven't experienced in many other places.

We enjoyed mornings on the beach, afternoons by the pool, and early evenings in the pool at the spa. It would have been ideal if the spa offered later opening times for the outdoor pool... and maybe a small selection of drinks (... maybe an espresso martini or two?!... and nibbles such as fruit and chocolate).

One small comment would be regarding the serving of the rooms. We found that our mini bar rarely got stocked - we had to call reception a few times... and again, we found that we weren't fully stocked. A small issue - but would have been nice.

Thanks for looking after us so well. We will be back, I'm sure. I'm already looking at booking a break for my parents to enjoy with you... because I know they will be well looked after.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a room with two double beds - it made life less awkward for two girls travelling as friends.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Gabriella C, Deputy Manager at Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Dear "Sammyrae89",

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us through Tripadvisor.
We are glad to know that your stay was pleasant and that our service was of total pleasure. We are proud to know that our staff did an excellent job, meeting all your expectations.

We hope to have you back very soon at Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel and please let us know when your parents will be here, it will be a pleasure for us to welcome them!
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 14 June 2018

My wife and I have been going to another upscale adults only resort in the area for the last couple of years and I have really wanted to try Blue Diamond. The pictures on TA looked amazing.

We were not disappointed. We were there for a quick stay, 3 nights. Check in was quick. We arrived in the morning and our room wasn't ready so we went to have lunch until we were set. Also, we were upgraded when we got to the resort because of availability. We were travelling with another couple and the hotel was doing its best to locate us in the same area, as the resort footprint is quite large. The upgrade came with butler service. Samanya and Jorge shared the butler duties, and both were fantastic. Each made you feel like a valued guest. Samanya notified us when our room was ready and gave us a quick tour.

THE ROOMS:
All beautiful. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the choices. Each different style of room is large, clean, and wonderfully laid out. There are some differences with each, especially the beach casitas (on the beach) and the Patio Suites (larger and with a private pool), but the main difference is distance away from beach/restaurants. We ended up in the Palafito Suites, second floor with a rooftop deck. The room was very close to the beach and the amenities we used most - other than the spa. The spa was close to the lobby of the hotel. For us, we did not mind the distance to any area as we got up to run in the mornings and walked throughout the day. We were also provided bicycles at check-in and golf carts pick you up whenever you want. If you have mobility issues, you might be frustrated being dependent on the golf carts. Based on my gps that I used for runs, it is just shy of a mile from the beach to the lobby. Room pods are scattered among that mile.

THE FOOD
The food was great. Freshly prepared, the plating definitely was artistic, and everything a la carte. Meals, especially dinner, will run between an hour and an hour and a half. I have found this to be consistent with the other adults only resort we have visited.

THE BEACH/POOL
The beach is a decent size, and the staff works very hard to keep the seaweed cleaned. This is not the case with a few of the other resorts in the immediate area. Seeing how much piles up outside of other places gives you an appreciation of how hard the BD staff works. The pool is on the smaller side, but there never seemed to be more than 2 or 3 couples in the water at any given time. Plenty of chairs at pool and beach and no evidence of the annoying "towel game". We never had to search to find chairs, even 4 together.

THE STAFF
Staff here is so friendly and helpful. I don't remember all of the names, but true standouts were David,Ivan, and Salvador at the pool bar and the rest of the guys there. As I stated earlier, Samanya and Jorge were awesome! Herminio hosted a great wine tasting class. I am not a big fan of wine, but the class itself was a very interesting history of Mexico.

THE GROUNDS
Maybe my favorite as compared to any other resort I have been to. Beautifully maintained, but natural. Winding through a mangrove with several cenotes that are all interconnected. I could not get enough of looking at the lush surroundings. It made the morning run enjoyable.

I would not hesitate to return!

Room Tip: All rooms are great. Pick your room category based on how far you want to be from the beach.
2  Thank David H
Gabriella C, Deputy Manager at Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear "David H",

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us through Tripadvisor.
We are glad to know that your stay was pleasant and that our service was of total pleasure. We are proud to know that our staff did an excellent job, meeting all your expectations, especially Samanya, Jorge, David, Ivan and Salvador.

We hope to have you back very soon at Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel,.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2018

So firstly, I love blue diamond. I reviewed it before and stand by everything I said in the last review. We will return, but this time I had a couple of small grumbles.

The Pros

The personal interactions with the staff are is generally amazing. They are friendly, open, extremely welcoming and strive to make you happy.

The food is generally excellent and plentiful.

The quality of the rooms and accommodation is excellent .

The site itself while being a strange shape is beautifully groomed and gorgeous.

The booze is plentiful. The staff will cheerfully get you drunk over lunch.

The Cons

The site still seems to have significant problems with delivering hot water. I can deal with cold showers, but at a luxury resort, that isn't really how it should be. Requesting it be fixed isn't a good investment of time, since apparently, it can't be.

The quality of the food is marginally down on last year. Maybe we got unlucky, and the previous standard was ridiculously high, so now its just "really really good' in place of 'amazing'

The whole coastline tends towards windy, meaning the ocean is usually in motion (not your standard Caribbean flat azure style) and seaweed buildup is a constant challenge for the hotel staff. A Sisyphean task undertaken by poor guys with wheelbarrows.

Bike delivery is still a lottery. I rolled ones this time, and we never saw them.

The mattresses are a bit hard. They are not bad, but if you need a soft mattress you might be a little uncomfortable.

The room crew are a bit haphazard. As experienced last time, some days you get coffee, some days you don't. Some days they remove the dirty glassware, some days it stacked outside your door for 36 hours.

And my final complaint. This one is aimed directly at the hotel since I know they keep up with reviews. It also sounds petty, but bear with me and I'll make my case.

Given that:

a: The sea is much less inviting than the wonderful service and poolside location, many of the guests congregate at the pool.
b: The average age of those customers probably late 30s / 40ish.
c: During the days I observed, they are mostly reading, lazing about and generally relaxing.

So why the bar plays obnoxiously intrusive electronic dance music from a speaker system pointing directly at where the guests are reading , napping and chatting is entirely beyond me.

So I asked my fellow guests how they felt. 12 guests, all broadly hated the music.

Twice we asked for it to be changed, and the guests enjoyed it.

Please Blue Diamond, do us all a favor and have the hosts ask the guests about the music choice, and if you get more than 10% saying that loud "boom tiss boom tis boom tis" club music is their afternoon preference I will cheerful amend this review.

But I bet I'm right. This isn't a dance club, its a haven of relaxation and pampering service. Boom tiss boom tiss can be had in 100 other locations, all of which we deliberately choose NOT to go to.

So that's this trip. We still love Blue Diamond.

3  Thank Hereticx

Dear "Hereticx",

First of all, let me tell you that we value our repeat guests very much, it has been a honour to have you hosted back and to know that despite the little details you have mentioned, you are still in love with Blue Diamond.
I would like to express my gratitude for the time you have taken to share this review and the valuable comments you’ve provided in it.
We regret to hear that your stay was not entirely satisfactory. One of our goals is to get our guests to leave with a smile on their face, after having enjoyed the facilities we can offer, all the comments & suggestions are addressed to the involved departments to improve our service and especially these highlighted points.
Once more, thank you for your loyalty to our Hotel, we really hope to welcome you back and to show you that we take in great consideration our guests' opinons and maybe next time you will see some changes thanks even to this review.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Loved Blue Diamond Riviera Maya....especially the staff.
Very friendly, attentive and made our stay enjoyable...especially since we had 4 days of rain. We kept them quite busy.
We enjoyed Jose David our whole stay and he prepared the best dessert our last night. What a presentation!
Ramiro and Sandra at Cerviche's took very good care of us everyday.
Gilberto took very good care of us on the beach
Roberto our butler, Jonas the cook at Cerviche, Jorge the doorman.
I'm sure I'm forgetting others who made our stay so special.
We had a really good time despite all the rain. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Loved our beach front casita
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear "Robin_BK_2018",

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay here at Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel.
It's a great pleasure to know that despite the bad weather you still had a nice stay, which means that we reach our goal to make our guests´ vacation so memorable due to our genuine and attentive service.
I will share your comments with Jose David, Ramiro, Sandra, Gilberto, Roberto, Jonas,Jorge, we are so proud of their great job!
We really hope you decide to come back, it will be a great honor to host you again,

Reviewed 12 June 2018

This was our third year in a row going to the Blue Diamond, and we wouldn't want to go anywhere else if going to Playa del Carmen, this is truly a gem of a resort. The food is phenomenal, whether you eat outside at the pool bar or on the beach or the 5 star Ambar Restaurant you will NOT be disappointed! The rooms are beautiful and clean and the staff is on top of it with cleaning and restocking of the mini fridge. The grounds are stunning, the only thing I would recommend is to fix the walk out dock on the ocean it has been closed off for the last two years, first year was beautiful.
Most importantly "The Staff" is OUTSTANDING!! Our Butler's Samnya and Jorge INCREDIBLY WONDERFUL!! and so on point to detail. Araceli Jmnz is a true "GEM"!
A big Thank you to Rosalinda, Ivan, David, Pedro, Guillermo, Gorge, Roberto, Gilberto, Jose and to all I probably missed! You all are what makes this resort even more of a Diamond that it truly is!
I promise you this the resort will not disappoint!!!
The Otto's

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Gabriella C, Deputy Manager at Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear "Randi B",

It has been really nice reading your review of your holiday at Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel.

Thanks to the staff, facilities and services is that we have a large number of loyal and valuable guests as you that return year upon a year and every time we do everything possible to ensure that we surpass their expectations.
As you well said, our staff is our most value resourche, they effort is genuine and your comments are a very good motivation for them to keep working to achieve our guests’ full satisfaction.
Samanya, Jorge, Araceli, Rosalinda, Ivan, David, Pedro, Guillermo, Jorge, Roberto, Gilberto, José will be very happy to know about your review, thank you for highlight their job.

We will wait for you next year!