All reviewsswing barboutique hotelsmall fridgeeach morningair conditionerbeach chairsavevacationbartendermargaritasmosquitoeswalmartjuanpesoscozumel
Reviewed 22 April 2016 via mobile

What a great boutique place to stay. Very relaxed and everyone so accommodating - anything you need to make your trip better. Very clean! So close to beach and things happening but yet so relaxing. Swing bar a must for happy hour. Ghande the bartender awesome. Get all the local low down and enjoy! Definitely return!!! Thanks Luna Blue : )

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stevebarn67
Reviewed 10 April 2016

We had checked out this location about 3 years prior to our trip this year so had a good idea what to expect. Email communication prior to our arrival was satisfactory. Check in was trouble free.
We booked a room with a kitchenette and were very satisfied with the layout and cleanliness. I don't think the kitchen is used to often as the kitchenette sink sprung a major leak when we used it. Management very quickly responded and rectified the problem.
We had a small patio with a couple of chairs and a small table in the shady courtyard. The courtyard was my favourite aspect of this hotel - it was so quiet and secluded yet only a short distance from the ruckus bustling 5th avenue. We did not use the pool so can't comment about that other than it was clean.
The bar was fantastic! Swinging seats, a great bartender and people from all around the world to converse with - perfect!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mac1927
Reviewed 8 April 2016 via mobile

Luna Blue is a cute little oasis on 26th, just off of 5th Avenue in Playa. This is not a high end hotel, but is very good for the price range. The central atrium is full of tropical trees, plants, and a small pool. Even better is the bar with swing seats surrounding the bar. The bartender was friendly and made great girly drinks--sorry that is what I ordered! The staff were friendly and spoke a good amount of English. Space was limited when I booked. I don't know about the range of rooms offered. We had a room with a double bed, two twin beds(one was a trundle bed), and a kitchenette (I don't think it had a microwave) with a dining table for 4. The AC did work. The bathroom was small but had a good storage cabinet. It also had consistent hot water. There was a balcony seating area where you entered the room that even included a hammock. Surprisingly, the room was not noisy at night despite having a window facing 26th street. As with everything else so central, it is extremely close to shops and surrounded by restaurants. It was about a 4 block walk to a public beach access point. Since large clubs and hotels line the beach, accessing the beach isn't as easy as it should be. So this location is quite convenient to the beach. I don't know if they had beach towels to use. We had our own. It was clean.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 60004Kathy
Reviewed 6 April 2016

We stayed here for just a few nights before we headed to Tulum and it is great little place to stay. First off, the location is fabulous. It is right near the main street that has shopping and restaurants and people from all over. But, it is not too close to the nightclub scene, so you won't be up all night. It is only a few blocks from the beach as well. You definitely feel like you are within a little jungle when staying here and it is has a very calm and relaxing feel to it. Everyone that works there is extremely laid back, friendly, and helpful. There is a little pool that seemed clean and refreshing. The rooms were clean and ours had a big deck to sit out and enjoy. The bar that sits in the hotel is wonderful and homey. They bring live music and people from surrounding areas tend to come hang out and enjoy the vibes. There is also large water jugs in the room so you can fill up your empty water bottles, which was crucial. I would stay here again for a few nights in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ReggaeSoul
Reviewed 28 March 2016

I was looking for a place to stay for a few days before the rest of the family joined me and we headed to our timeshare suite. I didn't want to spend too much money but wanted a place I felt safe with the kids and was in a great location so we could explore the town. The Luna Blue exactly fit the bill! Their customer service was wonderful the minute we walked in, what a beautiful garden entrance, we loved the lights in the trees at night as well. We were lucky and they upgraded us to a suite, we enjoyed the extra space. We hung the hammock placed outside our door and the kids loved sitting in there and reading in the evenings. It was nice not to have any TV to distract them either! The best part was that you could walk onto the street and be in the middle of great shopping and food and just a few blocks walk to the beach!

The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star is the beds are a little hard and even when the windows are closed you can hear quite a bit of what's going on outside. My kids aren't light sleepers so not really a problem for us, we listened to the live music one night. I could hear the maids in the mornings.

I drove by when the rest of the family joined us and they were jealous we got to experience this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family