“Fantastic Location but Noisy”

La Pasion Hotel Boutique by Bunik
Ranked #17 of 217 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed 8 May 2017

The rooms are spacious with good amenities, however, the bed was a little soft. The hotel is in a fantastic location with many (good) restaurants nearby: I went to Taqueria El Fogon twice (about 3 blocks away), Kaxapa Factory (a nice, little Venezuelan restaurant) is right next door, and El Tapas and Company is inside the hotel (and sometimes there is live musician). WalMart, if you're interested, is just a couple of blocks away as well as two Oxxa convenience stores and an ADO bus station.
Most of the staff were friendly; Michel, at the front desk, and Andrew, at the pool bar, were very helpful answering my questions and helping me get anything I needed. My reason for the low rating is because my room was very loud, on the street. When I checked in and saw this I should've have asked to be switched immediately, but I did not ask until the evening when the "fiesta" began. I was gruffly told by the person at the front desk that it was the Mexican vacaciones and there was nothing they could do because they were all booked up until Sunday (which was after my departure). I suppose being a solo traveler it is easier to anger one person than a whole group/ I would've been satisfied had I been able to switch rooms for the last one or two nights, In my situation, waking up early for several morning tours, it was a nightmare.
All in all I would recommend the hotel, mainly because of the location, but don't let them give you a room on the street.

Room Tip: Room around the garden are quieter
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank SoloTraveler44
Write a ReviewReviews (1,330)

Reviewed 7 May 2017

My wife and I originally chose this hotel based on value-for-money considerations - we baulked at paying some of the rates that the hotels near the beach were quoting - and I'm really glad that we stayed here.

The location is great, only a few blocks away from the Quinta Avenida/beach, close to the ADO bus terminal, and next door to the Kaxapa restaurant which serves great Venezuelan food. Our room was fairly small, however it had a balcony which looked out towards the pool area. The hotel also has a rooftop bar and swimming pool, which is a nice place to have a drink in the evening. I found the customer service to be very good - the staff were nice and friendly throughout our stay, and when the air conditioning unit in our room developed a problem, they were quick to offer us an alternative room to stay in.

The only drawback is that the internet connection in our room - which was at the back of the hotel - wasn't the strongest. It was stronger in the alternative room we stayed in (which faced the Parque 28 de Julio) and in the public areas.

Overall though a great place to stay in PDC if you want a good quality hotel in a good location that won't break the bank.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

The staffs are so friendly and nice, just like the name of the hotel. Their free breakfast is worth for you to stay already, so many choices and great and fresh food. We also kept our luggage their for a today because we need to go to Cozumel. We received a little wood heart shaped gift when we left. So sweet.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phoebe Z
Reviewed 6 May 2017

My husband and I stayed here last 2 weeks of February. We love the location, our room was very nice and faced the pools, loved the balcony but bathroom far too small.
We decided to book here mainly because of the reviews, the price, the location and rooftop pool. The pool was great and there is a small bar beside pool. Andrew the bartender is super nice and makes the best Margueritas! Beach is only a 5 min walk away.
We will definitely be back next year!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShelleyS119
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

A very nice hotel. It is very well positioned, in few steps you ll be right in the middle of 5th avenue, and ADO terminal right behind the corner. The highlight is clearly the staff. All young guys, very helpful, all very nice, it was a pleasure meeting then. The hotel overall looks good, not in amazing conditions (a bit damaged sometimes) but the rooms are nicely furnished and very clean. The pools are definitely a plus and breakfast is very good! Things We didn't like: breakfast is not at buffet but you need to order m, which means time for breakfast is longer (and this is a bit annoying particularly those mornings when you need to leave earlier for breakfast) and also this means it S not abundant or varied (only one dish from the menu for free, rest as a cost). Also didn t like the bar at the rooftop. Highly expensive and poor quality. Other than these, no big downsides, would likely recommend to go there!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple