“Loved it, we will be back!!”

La Pasion Hotel Boutique by Bunik
Ranked #17 of 217 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed 9 June 2017

Absolute love at first site at La Pasion! My wife and I have done several All-Inclusive Resorts in the past and were looking for something different, a chance to journey out more this trip. So a smaller yet nice hotel was our goal. A place to lay our heads at night and venture out every day. La Pasion exceeded that and more! Two words.. The Staff!! These guys are just great at what they do and they're vibe gets passed along to the guests in so many ways. I can not compliment them enough, I could seriously go all day.
We stayed 6 nights on the last week of May and from the start we knew we lucked out. Perfect location in the middle of everything, a very quick walk to the beach, slightly removed from the hustle of Quinta Ave. The hotel itself, very clean, lovely décor, great attention to detail and use of space. Vintage and romantic feel with the modern perks you want. Our room was nice, not huge but again, we did not expect a large suite so it was just fine. Very comfortable King size bed and no problems at all with any amenities. We had a garden view room on the third floor with a nice sized balcony, just perfect. A bonus was being right next to the stairwell leading to the rooftop pool and bar. (Rm.306)

Great breakfast delicious and fresh. "La Pasion breakfast Sandwich" was my fav. Live music made the morning feel like a dream. Recommendations from the staff were spot on! We love seafood & authentic Mexican, we tried a few restaurants the guys told us about and each one was a hit!

There is not one thing I can say negatively about this place. Good food, great people, amazing ambiance, perfect location, very clean and not expensive. We had a blast and hope to go back first chance we get.
Thanks guys,
Salud!!!

Room Tip: Contacting the Hotel in advance on having a rental was a good idea, not too many spaces available in...
1  Thank djclever2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,328)

Reviewed 1 June 2017

Outstanding service. Close to popular areas but in quiet, great neighborhood. Great décor. Nice rooms. Highly recommended. A great deal for the price. Wonderful breakfast. Only downer is that the jacuzzi was not hot when I tried to get in.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

My friend and I just returned from a wonderful 5-night stay at this hotel, very conveniently located 3 blocks from the beach, 2 blocks from Walmart, across from an ATM and next door to two wonderful restaurants (Venezuelan restaurant to the right is in the top 5 rated restaurants in Playa!) and great gelato/coffee/dessert and pastry shop. From our arrival we were greeted by helpful, welcoming staff who continued to be amazing and friendly to make our stay as great as possible. Nahum was so friendly and wonderful and he helped us book tours to see Chichen Itza and Tulum/Coba. I will always remember him and the others on the hotel and breakfast staff that were so attentive and wonderful! (I left my umbrella purchased at Chichen Itza with the hotel staff, as I couldn't take it home with me, so I hope they are able to get good use out of it!) The included breakfasts every morning were also a delight: coffee/latte/cappucino/cocoa along with freshly squeezed juice, fruit plate, choice of hot egg entree, sandwich, yogurt/fruit/cereal, or pancakes.

The room was clean, cozy, and comfortable and the bathroom was also updated and nice. We had a balcony facing the pool/garden and it was quiet and lovely. We also enjoyed the hot tubs and pools both on the ground floor and especially the rooftop (with friendly bartender). Every night there was free wine and yummy cookies and sometimes croissants from the bakery also. Also the hotel provided us with huge beach towels whenever we needed them for the beach or pool/hot tub.

The hotel was a wonderful bargain for the amazing service, amenities, and location! Thank you for making our trip wonderful, Nahum and the others!

Room Tip: garden view rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stephanie L
Reviewed 31 May 2017

My mom, aunt, husband and me stayed here after a recommendation of a friend of mine in order to visit Maya ruins in the surrounding areas (Tulum, Cobá & Chichen Itza). It was a great quiet hotel, with 2 pools (one on the roof with a bar), walking distance to the city center and beach. The staff was very very friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and comfortable. We wish we could have stayed longer and would stay here again. I can highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2017

We entered to friendly smiling and staff with good humor. They have an underground parking from the street behind the hotel. There are 2 convenient stores on the corners and a Walmart within walking distance from the hotel. The grounds and pools are beautiful in their courtyard and rooftop pool and spas with bar are a fine touch. The rooms are small cozy and nicely appointed with nice tiling in the bathroom and shower. I would say the AC is powerful once on and depending on your room your view is into the courtyard, ours was to the street behind. The breakfast was served friendly, eggs, fruit, juice and coffee. They offer wine and snacks at night and croissants, coffees and teas with a water server throughout the day (a water cooler/heater, like in an office) books, nooks and crannies to sit abound throughout the place. It was a cute boutique hotel in every sense of the way. 5th avenue strip 2 blocks away, with shops, malls and restaurants. We ate at La Capichoza and it was excellent.

3  Thank Chulolaw