We are a family of four and booked a two-bedroom duplex condo with a fantastic rooftop terrace with hot-tub and barbecue grill at Porto Playa. Everything about the place was top-notch - Porto Playa (and it's related properties Maya Village and The Taj) is a very high-end, nicely designed, intimate condo experience - not too big, not too small. Each unit has an upscale kitchen with stainless appliances and nice bathrooms. The pool area and the gym in the property are top notch. The property was spic and span, extremely well cared for. The location is perfect, one block off the ocean on First Avenue, one block from the main shopping and restaurant strip of Fifth Avenue, and right around the corner, a three-minute walk from the Indigo Beach club, which is included in the stay (good breakfasts). Also included in the stay is free classes at a very busy and well-equipped gym right next door. The overall feel of this place is hip, intimate and upscale. And clearly, compared to renting two hotel rooms, a condo is an excellent value, with lots more space.
We originally had selected another unit in a sister property next door, but we had to be moved at the last minute because the owner was using it during the time we wanted. So, they upgraded us to the penthouse with terrace, and threw in free breakast for four for the three days we were there for our 'trouble'. All in all, a very pleasant experience and we would definitely return again when we next visit Playa del Carmen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The focal point is a Sanctuary reminiscent of a tropical rain forest. There is even a "State of the Art" Gym and Fitness Center right on premises. Porto Playa features 1, 2 and 3 bedroom penthouses and condominiums. All the Penthouses have their own private rooftop terrace with BBQ outdoor kitchen, heated Jacuzzi some with spectacular partial ocean views. Centrally located in the heart of Playa, Porto Playa is only one short block from the beautiful Caribbean Playa del Carmen beaches and famous 5th Ave. Perfect for beach weddings, honeymoons in Playa del Carmen , families and business groups and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Porto Playa Condo Hotel & Beachclub reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Playa Condo Hotel And Beachclub
- Porto Playa Condo Hotel & Beachclub Playa Del Carmen, Mexico - Riviera Maya