“First Intermediate Lesson”
Review of Kitemex

Kitemex
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are one of the main Kitesurf Schools located in the Riviera Maya - Playa del Carmen. We are stablished in different spots in Playa del Carmen, Punta Maroma, Mayakoba and Isla Blanca. Counting with 2016 Trip Advisor's Excellence Certificate due to our client service. All of our instructors are internationally certified by IKO - INTERNATIONAL KITEBOARDING ORGANIZATION -.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Had lesson with Sol and it was excellent. The setup is very chill all the staff was great. I would recommend to anyone at any skill level. Next time I’m in the area again I will definitely be returning for another lesson.

Thanks guys!

in 8 reviews
"classes"
"teaching"

Reviewed 1 April 2018

In my mind, I've been bravely conquering the wind and surf for years. In reality, I finally found the courage to sign up for a beginners lesson. It was a blast and I learned a ton. There's a lot to learn and my instructor was terrific. He was very thorough in describing the wind window, as well as the strategies for managing the kite. The equipment and instruction was top notch. If you can't see from the web site, the location is fantastic. Lots of shallow, warm waters with beautiful white sand. Be sure to wear sunscreen, a mid or long-sleeve swim shirt to protect from sun/wind, and pack some water as it can get hot.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Nico and Sol are great teachers, I made it clear to them that I only had one day to learn as much as I can and they really accommodated me. My progression went from, only flying a trainer kite to actually getting up on the board. This is all within 3 hours.

Wouldn't hesitate to go again.

Also set up a sun shelter on the beach for my wife and friend.

Excellent service!

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Our family has had multiple sessions at Kitemex. Alex, Nico, Sol, Rudy are great people and great teachers.

It’s fun learning, a great feeling of accomplishment to get up (according to my 16 year old), and a great workout.

1  Thank Tim S
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 March 2018

There was only low wind (10kts), so I took the opportunity to start with hydrofoiling!
And it worked out great! Sure it's difficult at the begining, but totally addictive once you get a hang of it!!!
The spot is perfect, since you have shallow and flat water behind the reef. The guys of the Kitemex School have the best Equipment for getting started, with different mastlenghts and foils and do a great Job, helping you out with the first steps.
I had two great days of foiling!!!
Thanks Nico!!!