The pictures of this holiday look amazing we were very excited about going! Unfortunately It started with a two hour wait in the custom hall! Followed by an hours wait for transport to hotel by which can only be discribed at a cattle run to get transport.
Once at blue bay you soon see it's not like the photos which lack people!! This hotel is rammed packed with people mainly drunks!!! We got up to use the gym a few times so was up at 6am and even by that time you CAN NOT get a sun bed!!! People leave towels by 5am or even over night!! There is not enough for everyone! There are NO umbrellas or shade!! My partner got seriously ill with sun stroke. The noise is incredible we changed our room 3 times non better than the 1st. People were loud and drinking all day so you will never get any peace what so ever! This hotel is NOT 4/5 star but a VERY cheap distination for the Canadians. If you are English all I can describe it to you is it's like benidorm for them. The lovely pictures of the spa and bit of beach area which have beautiful nets over the beds cost you!! $30 us dollars each per day! But even then we brought two just to get some shade and peace and by 8am big groups of times share had bagged them by placing towels, they were noisy and when I complained I was told tuff basically! So although it may have facilities of a 4* you cannot use them unless you want to spend a lot each day! And even then I wouldn't bother. When we complained on various issues the hotel staff do not want to know we got told by two, one even management! to throw towels of the beds if we want to use them! Begs belief! I replyied I did not come on holiday to get into an argument with someone over their beds! They just didn't care! We had a few other problems with the room and ill health caused by their hotel, again we got brushed off and sent packing! The hotel only seem interested in making extra money and speacial offers were not made to Europeans because they feel they would not get repeat business, well they at least they got that right! I have been working for a major airline for 20 years and 10yrs with a travel co and not in all my time of traveling have I been treated in such an appalling manner. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in an area of 445 acres in a prime position on the beach on the Riviera Maya, BlueBay Grand Esmeralda combines elegant Mayan features with contemporary design and a wide range of service to suit the most discerning traveller. BlueBay Grand Esmeralda provides a relaxed atmosphere for holiday makers. The hotel features 979 elegant and well-appointed rooms and suites with the option of a sea or garden view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, BlueBay Hotels & Resorts, HotelQuickly, Expedia, Hotelopia and Agoda so you can book your BlueBay Grand Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Bay Esmeralda
- Bluebay Grand Esmeralda Hotel
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Riviera Maya
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Mayan Riviera
- Grand Esmeralda
- Blue Bay Grand Esmerelda
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Resort
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Beach Resort Spa
- Blue Bay Esmerelda
- BlueBay Grand Esmeralda Playa Del Carmen, Mexico - Riviera Maya