“Great service diving and full day activity trip”
Review of ScubaCaribe

ScubaCaribe
Book In Advance
More Info
US$159.00*
and up
Riviera Maya Cenote Diving Tour from 3 Pickup...
More attraction details
Owner description: Scubacaribe specializes in providing a complete range of water sports and activities for hotels and resorts. The company was formed in 1991 when it began operating and providing services for the Riu Hotels in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Since then we've grown continuously, providing service to the most prestigious hotels in the largest Caribbean vacation destinations. Our fast growth is based on a philosophy of always implementing the latest and best technology available. Our mission is to satisfy clients by providing a wide range of water sports such as scuba diving, snorkeling, windsurf, sailing, rowing, parasailing and a variety of aquatic excursions. Everything we do is executed with the highest regard for personal safety standards. Respect for the environment and a commitment to the local communities where we operate is of prime importance for us. We operate within an established corporate code of conduct, encouraging community relations and training local personnel for management positions, which also helps to improve overall administrative efficiency.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I used this company on site at Riu Playacar to book two reef dives, Cenotes dive and a full day excursion. The first reef dive and the cenotes dive I did by myself, my 24year old son went on the second reef dive with me and my 19 year old son joined the two of us for the excursion. All the dive staff and the sales guy at the dive shack were fantastic. Since we had limited time, I ended up doing the same reef two days in a row. That was a bit disappointing since Playa del Carmen doesn’t compare to the reefs at Cozumel where I dive last year, but it was great for my son who is a real beginner and got me in practice for the cenotes. The reef dives were the only reason I took off one star because they were well done, but just not that exciting.

Cenotes scuba diving was a truly mystical experience. We went with only three divers plus the dive master and it was amazing. We went through great caverns and came up in a couple of open cathedral type caves where we were the only ones there. I highly recommend doing the cenotes dive if you have some experience because it was so unique. Scubacaribe limits the number of divers and it was very personal and safe.

The other real highlight of our trip was the all day excursion. First, we took a van from the hotel to Tulum and got an archeological tour. It was very interesting and I think we had a glimpse into Mayan life. Then, we took a short ride to a shallow reef and took a boat out for snorkeling. We saw great schools of fish and several sea turtles. Really fun! Next we had a traditional Mexican lunch that was at a place where you could order any kind of taco. It was very delicious! My football player son ate six tacos. Then we went to the cenotes where we had a Mayan shaman ceremony. After that we went swimming in a couple of the cenotes that were quite beautiful. Finally we did three different zip lines over the jungle. We loved every minute of our day! Our tour guide, Carlos, made it extremely memorable. If you have teens or older this is a must-do excursion.

I would recommend ScubaCaribe for their personal service and the location right at the hotel. Next time I’d probably book the dive trip to Cozumel in advance.

Date of experience: March 2018