Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort
Panama Jack Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$241
US$235
Bookit.com
  • Pool
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$450
US$269
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$1,638
US$334
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Playacar Palace(Playa del Carmen)
US$578
Bookit.com
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$244
US$202
US$656
US$437
BlueBay
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
US$496
US$462
US$646
HotelsClick
9,786 results
All reviewssports barfondueriviera sideplatinum sectiona la cartesmama miaplatinum loungesunset buffetlas olasplatinum packagedeluxe junior suitele fleurchill out barcooking showwater shoesprivate poolseafood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I will try to keep this short as most of the information you seek are repeated over and over in these reviews. But will touch on the things that are exceptional or lacking. First of all the grounds are impeccable and beautiful. Not a small accomplishment given the size and number of people here at any given day. The service as a whole whether it be at the restaurant or at the pool was very good. Something I found exceptional at this resort was the entertainment. I did not spend much time in the theater as I found it was geared towards entertaining children and families. What I did appreciate was the quality and variety of entertainment in the plaza. Whether it be the fire show, or a different themed band every night ranging from Hard rock, reggae, to traditional Mexican. At most resorts the evening entertainment is usually the same dance crew in different costumes dancing to different music each night. I found this resort put in the effort to make each evening a different experience.
We stayed in the platinum level, and although most of the reviews say this is necessary, I do not agree. I found that we spent most of our time at one of the larger pools opposed to the small quiet private platinum pool. The private area at the beach however, was quite nice as the beach chairs were heavily padded and the area was not as densely seated. The rooms were almost identical to that of the lower levels with the exception of a Jacuzzi tub on the deck. I am a Canadian and a whiskey drinker, and the premium level of whiskey was Crown Royal. I understand this is Mexico, But I consider crown royal the higher end of the cheap stuff. I was hoping for at least some Gibsons but that was not the case. Ended up drinking spice rum, and Mojitos which were just fine with the house brands. A couple other things I thought were well thought out was the trolley at the edge of each resort taking you from one end of the resort to the other. I enjoyed walking the resort due to its beauty but at the end of a long day it was nice to simply be shuttled back to your building. I also enjoyed the shuttle provided by the resort that took you into Playa for only 50 pesos. As I went alone I appreciated that I did not have to spend almost $20 each way to get into town by taxi.
I saw great deal of people complaining about the food. So I went here not expecting much, And was pleasantly surprised. Considering the sheer volume of people at this resort I found the buffet food quite good. Ranging from traditional Mexican dishes to barbecue ribs and steak. If you could not find anything to eat you’re truly a finicky eater. The à la Carte restaurants overall were great experiences. The only bad meal I had was at the steakhouse. The steak and potato served ice cold. The only thing I did not completely appreciate about this resort was the beach. I see a lot of people complain about sea weed, but think this is ridiculous as it is obviously not just this resort, it is mother nature and every resort would get hit. The resort did what it could clean it up as quickly as possible. But overall the beach is very small, and there’s nothing to see while snorkeling or swimming in the ocean. The only other small criticism is that due to the sheer number of people, it is at times hard to find a quiet place to relax when you want to get away from everybody. Overall I found this a fantastic experience and would not hesitate to return.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sheriff282
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and myself arrived on Monday evening. We went to the sportsbar and had food and played some pool. Tuesday morning I was very sick. Twice during the week we went back to the sportsbar to play pool. We put our names on the waiting list and waited over an hour and a half both times but nobody got off the tables. On our last night we went back to the sportsbar and there was an open table. I signed out the balls and we started playing pool. Half an hour later a female employee came over and told us our time was up. She said it was a half an hour limit. The other two tables were there before us. After having multiple problems with this trip and being sick all week this was icing on the cake. To be treated like absolute garbage! We also never got a chair around the pool the entire week as people reserve theirs with towels and are not even there all day. This shouldn't be allowed. The beach is so full of seaweed that you can't even enjoy it. Every year we travel south and this is one place I will never return to.

8  Thank boissonneault32
Princess_RivieraMaya, Gerente at Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear boissonneault32,

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize to you for the inconvenient that you encountered on the Sports Bar. We regret that the actions of one staff member created such a bad impression on your vacation that doesn't, in any way, reflect the caring and kindness of our staff.

We hope that you and your husband are feeling better and we hope you can give us another opportunity to show you the excellence of our service and hotel.

Joao Silva
Community Manager
community,riviera@princess-hotels.com

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I really enjoyed my stay with my sister we were there for 2 weeks the beach was not the best too rocky. The rooms were very clean, the staff us very helpful and friendly the buffets were plentiful.i would definitely recommend this resort .

Room Tip: I would love to of had a microwave.
Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank auddief
Princess_RivieraMaya, Community Manager Jr. at Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear auddief,

Thank you for choosing Grand Sunset Princess to spend your holidays. It was and it always will be a pleasure hosting you. We are delighted to read you had a wonderful stay and we were able to fulfil your expectations. Our guests' satisfaction is the best recompense to the daily effort, we will be glad to share your kind comments with our Management.

We hope you decide to visit us once again and let us be like your home in the paradise.

Warm regards!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

very good overall, nothing to complain about, specialty restaurants good food and service. the grounds around the resort well kept. shuttle service always there promptly. waiters/waitresses very helpful and friendly

1  Thank franchester2018

Dear franchester2018,

We loved how in a few words you described the incredible experience you lived at Grand Riviera Princess Hotel. Our main goal is to offer our guests the best quality service to create unforgettable experiences, and it seems we have surpassed for you, we are really happy.

We will love to have you again with us and we promise to provide you a superior vacation experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great overall experience, beyond our expectations! :) We appreciated the employees' friendliness and great sens of humour. We felt very relaxed the whole week as all of our questions were answered and everything was taken care of in a very friendly manner. We would go back anytime! :)

Room Tip: The room was clean when it was done but was forgotten for a couple of days during our one-week stay. We expected it to be done when we were away in the morning but the cleaning lady sometimes showed up in the afternoon around 2 pm. It was often not convenient for us at that time.
2  Thank sflaviolette

Dear sflaviolette,

We really appreciate your warm words towards our hotel and our staff. It makes us proud to read that our staff treated you as you deserve and also, to know that you would be back mean that you had an incredible stay with us.

We hope to see you again soon,