“Yummy tacos - cool atmosphere”
Review of Safari

Safari
Ranked #87 of 425 Restaurants in Tulum
Price range: US$2 - US$8
Description: Safari Campfire-Food. An airestream Truck Stucked between the white beaches and the green jungle of Tulum with the bonfire cooking our mexican outdoor food experience.
Reviewed 29 March 2017

My husband and I were in Tulum on our honeymoon, and our meal at Safari was really fun and tasty. We were staying at Cabanas Tulum, which is about a four minute walk from Safari, so we decided to try it for dinner one of our last nights!

All the food at Safari is cooked inside of an old air stream, but they also have a bar, where they make cocktails (they also had a regional beer). It's a charming, hip, cool place to eat.

The food was all good. We tried one of each of the most of the tacos (we didn't try the vegetarian). They're very small tacos - 2, 3 bites each. We also tried the ceviche tostada, which was great (among the best ceviche we had in Tulum). The prices were more than you would pay for tacos in centro, but it was a relatively inexpensive meal for the hotel zone.

All in all, it was a fun place to grab a bite to eat! (I definitely instagrammed it a bit!)

Reviewed 29 March 2017

Tasty tacos and mexican cuisine cooked by a guy in an old caravan. Trendy sort of spot with good music, and good drinks.

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went here twice for dinner while in Tulum in March. It was right at sunset. The place is outdoors. Kitchen is a converted airstream travel trailer. Really great service. Relaxed atmosphere and great food. I don't even remember what all we ordered. Most dishes were small though so we ordered a few things. I remember liking the ceviche and the rice pudding. Also had tacos. If we're ever in town again we'll go again. We stayed at Cabanas Tulum just down the road.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

We ate here twice on our holiday because we just had to come back for more of the shrimp tacos! All of their tacos tasted wonderful and so fresh. It was good value as well, and the tacos come individually so you can order a good selection. The fish tacos and shrimp tacos were my favourite. Lovely setting outside with a truck where they made the food, and lots of fairy lights. Friendly, welcoming staff. A must-visit!

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Great ambiance. Friendly, attentive staff. Tacos better, fresher, tastier than any I've had. Highly recommend.