“Heaven on Earth”

Palapa al Fresco
Palapa Interior
Soaring Ceiling
Champagne Breakfast in the Palapa
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Avafree
Los Angeles, California
“Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed 4 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

I had been dreaming of vacationing with my family in Tulum for a long time, obsessively researching where to stay and what to do with this precious time I woud finally have away from a demanding job, with my favorite people. After a difficult few years, I needed a mental and physical getaway in the biggest way. So I arrived at Casa Buena Suerte brimming with exceedingly high expectations... And every single hope and dream and wish and need that I had for our trip was met, and far exceeded!

It is impossible to recount all the ways in which CBS is perfect, but here are some highlights:

* CBS's location on Soliman Bay is an ideal base from which to explore this beautiful, captivating region. It is a 10 min. drive from the cozy town of Tulum, the spectacular Ruinas, the gorgeous hotel zone, and hundreds natural wonders (cenotes, animal sanctuaries, reefs, etc.). At the same time, the Bay is sheltered, quiet, private, peaceful, and blessed with a strong (and much appreciated) breeze. My immediate family rented a car which made it easy to explore the area. Other members of our group requested transportation as needed, but were content to spend most of their time at CBS.

* Honestly, Casa Buena Suerte is a destination itself, and even those of us who loved exploring the region made sure to spend a lot of time at the house, it was that nice. The Casa is absolutely gorgeous, with five large, well-spaced, beautifully decorated bedrooms, and a detached palapa on the beach where my husband and I were incredibly fortunate to stay, gazing at the sparkling turquoise Caribbean from our bed, and falling asleep to the sound of the surf. It was impossible not to be in a state of bliss the entire time!

* The layout of the property allows guests to have as much privacy or communal time as they wish. Those who want to read, reflect, and stare at the ocean can find a quiet spot, while others can lay out in groups to sun, swim, chat, or play games. Active people can use the kayaks & snorkels, kids can splash in the pool, partiers can sip margaritas... Everyone can have their own perfect experience!

* And all of this is facilitated by the wonderful Hugo, the house manager who we nicknamed "El Jefe de Happiness." Hugo is literally the personification of "don't worry, be happy," and I guarantee you that is exactly the state of mind you will experience at Casa Buena Suerte.

My only complaint is that I had to leave.... My only question: when can I go back?

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Seven exquisite days of bliss for my senses: everything I saw, smelled, tasted, heard and touched was heavenly.
Liked least: Leaving!
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
doctormm
portland, or
“Like No Other Place on Earth”
Reviewed 1 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

I am not one to pass out superlatives unless it is deserved. I have stayed in many places around the world that are deserving of a rating of excellence. I gave Casa Buena Suerte's rating of 5, but if Tripadvisor had a a rating that allowed 7 ought of 5 I would give it to this place. And I would give it for two reasons. The design, the integrity of the design and its authenticity and functional beauty and setting are unmatched. The second are the people who work there to take care of you, especially Hugo, the house manager. He is a character of charm and caring that made our stay. Never met anyone like Hugo.

For relaxation, beauty of a place and the source of memories that will last longer than you will.....this is the place.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: There is nothing we did not like the best.
Liked least: Humidity....but we are from Oregon which explains that.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Management Response
30 Jun 2013
Thank you Michael. It's great to hear that you appreciate the details that are so painstakingly achieved. I know that you travel a lot and I'm so glad that Tulum and CBS offered so much to enjoy. Please come back soon! MK
Brian C
Chicago, Illinois
“Paradise”
Reviewed 28 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013

This beach house is immaculate. It is secluded enough that it is very private and the beach is not over-run with other tourists; but, it is close enough to civilization that one can easily stock up on supplies, get a rental car, find an ATM, or go for a night out.

In addition to the beautiful property, gorgeous beaches, and blue-blue water; the staff is exceptional. Everyone--from the property manager to the chef crew and housekeeper—contributed to making our vacation the best it could possibly be. They were appropriately attentive when necessary and quietly busy behind the scenes the rest of the time.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The quiet location, beauty of the house, and local area.
Liked least: The beach in front of the house is a little rocky.
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
CT
Reviewed 4 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Management Response
4 Jun 2013
Lori - We are so glad we were able to provide the right environment for your group of friends. It sounds like an amazing time. We look forward to having you back for your CBS reunion!
brian c
Hartford, Connecticut
“Relaxation Kingdom”
Reviewed 29 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

I spent 1 week at CBS with 10 friends and my wife in may of 2013. I speak for us all when I say we had a blast. The grounds are extremely private and quiet with a view of a small bay that you only share with a handful of locations along the beach. The house is spacious with a great set up and nice rooms. We took advantage of exery square inch of the grounds, from the rooftop deck to the pool and beach.

The staff is amazing. Hugo the property manager was an absolute blast. He was also extremely attentive and always made sure to ask that we had what we needed/wanted. The chefs were outstanding. They made us everything we asked for and the food was incredible. (i reccomend chillis rellenos, they were my favorite).

I have never been on vacation in another counrty and felt contect to stay in one spot. Besides 1 day to XPLOR we spent every minute at the house enjoying its peace and comfort.

If your considering going, dont consider it anymore, book the trip, you will be glad you did. I know that I speak for all 11 other members of ours when I say it was a 10 out of 10.

Wish I was still there........

Liked best: The solitude
Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$1,110
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing