“Amazing Stay”
Review of My Tulum Cabanas

My Tulum Cabanas
Ranked #82 of 134 Speciality Lodging in Tulum
Reviewed 14 February 2013

My boyfriend and I had a great time at My Tulum Cabanas. This is a really special place and Yelli and her staff make you feel right at home. The value is unbelievable and our room was quite large- very comfortable for two people. There is a pathway to the beach right from the property and the beach is fantastic. I've travelled all over the Caribbean and this beach is one of the finest I have seen. The location of the property is excellent and is close to many great restaurants. This is definitely a place to go if you value a beautiful beach, great food, friendly people and a prime location. If you are into large hotels with lots of amenities this is not for you. I can't wait to go back and stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 February 2013

We stayed during super-peak season over the new year and really enjoyed the simple accommodation. Yelitza was amazingly friendly and it was great to walk steps to the beach. Although we had pre-paid our room, the previous guest wanted to stay on an extra day, so Yelitza arranged for us to stay in the (lesser quality) adjoining bungalows nearer to the ocean for the first night. Insist on staying in My Tulum for the whole duration of your stay if you can. Anyway, don't let this little issue disuade you from staying there - My Tulum was a fantastic place to stay and Yelitza was absolutely wonderful!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2013

We could only stay one night here but wish we could stay more.
The owner is super friendly and her cats are even friendlier!
We stayed on the 2nd story room which was a bit above the bathrooms so a bit of funk would wander up, but nothing terrible.
Cabana style rooms with thatch and a bit of breeze, but mosquito nets are also included, though do ensure they have no holes and fix them if they do (we forgot and got bitten a bit).
We didn't get a chance to eat but prices seemed reasonable.
Location is superb of course.
Quiet and not crowded at all.
NOT a resort....thankfully.

Room Tip: 2nd floor facing the beachside if possible. Couldn't check out other rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Curtis A
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Stayed at My Tulum Cabanas for 5 nights leading up to the 2012 solstice. We watched the sunrise there on 12-21-12. The world didn't end... and sadly we had to go back to work.
It's a small, simple place - but very nice, comfy, clean and welcoming.
We found the bed/bathroom/electricity/restaurant/staff/service to be great for the price. Indeed, we've paid more than double for an unfurnished cabana with shared, distant bathrooms and no other services on this same beach.
Yeli is extremely helpful and responsive to any question about the area, restaurants, tours, activities, etc.
Be advised, they do request you don't bring coolers/food to the beach - but in the room was ok. Also, noise levels in lower rooms depends on those above you. Rental car parking is 'on street' only. There are several other restaurants within a few minutes walk.
Dive Tulum scuba - in an adjacent building - arranged 2 dives near the ruins for me.
Of course, the beach/water is fabulous! I constructed my annual beach X-mas tree out of collected debris - which the dive guy agreed to get rid of after we left. Great fun!
We'll be back.

Room Tip: bottom rooms are nice and inexpensive - but could have other guests/noise above the lower ceilings.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2013

We spent 11 days in Riviera Maya, first starting off at My Tulum, but we didn't want leave. My boyfriend and I enjoyed it so much, we stayed an extra night.

First off, I don't think it's possible not to have a fab time in Tulum in mid December. We arrived on 12/14 so we were ahead of the holiday crowd - and sooo glad we did! The manager was so amazingly sweet and took care of our every need. She really made us feel welcomed like staying at a friend's house. The dogs & cat on property added to the safe home-y feeling of the place.

There is only one road into the Tulum beach area and luckily, My Tulum is located further down which is less busy. Although the property entrance is located right off the main road, sound is not an issue except for when the construction starts to get noisy. This would sometimes interfere with our sleep since we didn't wake up until 10 or 11 - which I regret, because I wish I spent every minute on the beach.

Although we didn't eat at the restaurant on property, the food looked awesome and the prices were reasonable for the area. you have to request the lobster special one day in advance so they can catch the lobster for you - a must for the next time we go! We mostly spent our time eating in town or at the beach restaurant La Corale ( 1/2 off drink specials for happy hour & decent prices )

Where it's windy or when on the beach, we didn't have any issue with mosquitos. There were occasional intruders so we made sure to light our citronella incense and mosquito rings we got from the supermarket just in case. We got one of the larger rooms on the 2nd floor and were pleasantly surprised at the large accommodations. the rooms were cleaned and towels were changed daily. The wind brushing the palapa roof at night slowly lulled us to sleep. The amenities were basic and bathroom a little cramped, but we didn't mind much since it was only 2 of us.

I will definitely visit again if given the opportunity to stay at My Tulum. Although it wasn't a luxurious 5-star hotel, I feel that we got a to experience tulum like We enjoyed our stay because it was ow key, mellow ,and relaxing - exactly what we needed.

Room Tip: try to get a room on the 2nd floor if possible ( there are only 4 rooms in the whole place) the pala...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple