Visit Sian Ka'an
Ranked #17 of 101 Tours in Tulum
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: If you are looking for a great outdoor experience away from the big tourist crowds and massive tour groups, then you make the best decision by visiting the natural Reserve of Sian Ka'an with Visit Sian Ka'an. This tour company allows you to visit Sian Ka'an and combine activites in a way, that no other tour provider does, thanks to the owner's first hand experience and being a native to the area. If you are a great nature lover, enjoy to snorkel and explore the diverse marine life and different ecosystems, such as untouched beaches, lagoons, mangroves and islands, cenotes, tropical jungle, hidden maya ruins, a relaxing float in the fresh water canal, seeing bird and wildlife in their natural habitat without minimal human interaction - then this tour company will be a great option for an adventurous day in the protected Biosphere Reserve Sian Ka'an.
Reviewed 30 August 2017

My husband and I did this trip in June 2017 as part of our travels around Mexico and Cuba. It was a trip highlight.

I will preface this in saying that we are more about the natural environment than we are about shopping or resorts. The canal float was extraordinary - floating along through an ancient waterway, and the fish we passed were as curious about us as we were about them.

During the trip we saw all sorts of wildlife, including some manatees in the distance. It was a wonderful day out and an experience I would (and have) recommended to other like-minded travellers

Reviewed 23 June 2017

Great snorkeling, and great local food. We will be back! A great half day excursion for the whole family.

1  Thank SA34
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Aldo was very nice and very accommodating. The Sian Ka'an Reserve is beautiful and floating down the canals through the mangroves was great. The snorkeling was not great, a little choppy and I didn't see anything that I had not seen many times before. The main reason I gave this trip only 3 stars is this:
Snorkeling-I felt Aldo should have been guiding us in the water snorkeling rather than staying in the boat and pointing to where we should go. Perhaps we would have seen more if we have proper guidance.
Lunch- the tour description said we would have a buffet lunch on a secluded beach. What we got was a luke warm tamale and some mango which we had to eat in the little boat sitting on hard seats---no beach, no buffet. He did have a few beers and soft drinks but this lunch was a huge disappointment and not worth the $110 pp fee for the trip.

2  Thank debthibault
Reviewed 24 April 2017

We took a lovely and leisurely drive all the way down, down, down…Any time I can go to a Biosphere Reserve, I go! Not many are left and being preserved. Great views and vistas. Make sure to take sun lotion, sun glasses, camera, water, binoculars and a cooler with food etc. Might as well make it a picnic. Make sure you have a full tank of gas! We arrived early and saw no entrance guard and we did not pay anything.There are plenty of boat tour companies and I heard there was good fishing but we did neither. DO NOT SWIM in the lagoon area by the bridge…there are Crocodiles and the park guard said the man we saw swimming by the bridge was at risk.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

The biosphere is huge and you can end up doing 2-3 day trips if you wish. We discovered that too late but promised we'd do it next time we come to Tulum. We did not buy a group package. We drove to the site of Muyil and from there you park your car and walk about 2 miles to the lake. We arrived late during the day so we drove down and walked back up to be able to make it to the boats on time. Your walk will seem like you're in the jungle, cause you are and there will be a tower from which you can see the entire lake. Once you reach the lake you will be offered a boat tour ending in a channel where you get to float between the mangroves. Don't forget the sunscreen! And enjoy!

1  Thank Priscilla N