“Live music was lovely”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

The little band drew us in... and they were great. Really personable and fun with out overpowering the small space.

I mostly wanted appetizers and assumed they were small, but they were actually quite large so I over orders by a lot. The Caribbean guacamole was delicious. As were the sprimp empanadas. We also ordered chicken tacos... but got beef instead. Still quite tasty though. The hubby enjoyed his chimichanga but probably would not order it again.

Reviewed 9 September 2016

We went on the middle of the day so it wasn't crowded at all, but you can tell they get really busy. The attention to detail in the decoration is remarkable. We ordered fish with passion fruit sauce... absolutely yummy !! Ask for the insect repellent as soon as you get your table... They will eat you alive! Great place besides that.

Puro Corazon T, Gerente at Puro Corazon, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

Hola

Thank you very much for your comments. We hope you can visit us for dinner some other time and enjoy the live music we have on certain days during the week.

Saludos

Reviewed 31 August 2016

I had a nice dinner here one evening when the weather was perfect for outdoor dining, which is pretty often in Tulum. This attractive space is elegantly rustic. It encourages you to relax and enjoy your night. The service is friendly while being a bit too leisurely. Food at Puro Corazon is quite good. I had the Chocovino, a creative dish of beef in a chocolate and wine sauce. The wine list is limited (they were out of my first selection), but adequate to pair with your meal.

2  Thank Tony A
Reviewed 28 August 2016

We actually ate at Puro Curazon 2x while we were in Tulum. We could walk to the restaurant from our hotel so it was convenient for the first night. The last night in town our restaurant of choice was closed so we ended up back there since it was convenient.

I wish I could give 3.5 stars because the restaurant is better than average, but I would call it very good. The margaritas are large and taste good at first sip while they're nice and cold. But as the drink sits you can begin to taste the cheap tequila they use and the end of the drink it less than tasty.

The lime soup is reason enough to eat here. It's very good. Our entrees were not at all bad, but nothing special. The service is nice and they place fans near the table since the restaurant is on the jungle side and can get quite hot and buggy.

Hola Eileen:

Thank you very much for your review, even that is not a cheap tequila, we are considering your recomendation, and improve our house tequila for the cocktails, anyway, you can ask to our bar tender to use the tequila of your choice to prepare your cocktails. ;).
Hope to see you around some other time.
Thank you again.
Have a nice day.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

My wife and I stopped in for dinner our first night in Tulum. It was the only restaurant we found on Friday night that would serve us at 11:00pm. I had a local IPA (do not remember the name) that was pretty good and my wife had a Michelada. We ordered a shrimp ceviche, it was delicious. For dinner I ordered carne tacos that were fantastic and my wife ordered Sopa de Lima and ensalada de Chaya, both were fantastic. The service was very good, as well, host, server and bartender. We returned the following night for drinks and to listen to a live band. The only complaint about the restaurant is the mosquitos were in full force during both of our visits. We ate dinner elsewhere, but only here did we have a real problem with the bugs. The restaurant brings you repellant and a fan, but it only helped marginally. I would return, maybe the bug problem was only the weekend we visited.