All reviews bikini boot camp bikini bootcamp circuit training fitness classes healthy food life changing eat healthy amazing yoga spa treatments a great week interesting people beautiful beach mayan ruins no air conditioning laid back beach front yoga studio
Reviewed 20 May 2018

I was Born in Cancun and have not been to the Mayan Rivera and over 15 years. I came back to visit, but had to quickly leave Cancun as it is a huge ugly City, so I drove past Playa Del Carmen and went straight to Tulum. I remember Tulum as a tiny fishing Village, but see how much it has grown. Although Tulum is much bigger than I remember, it still has a very organic feel to it. I choose Amansala because Friends of mine have visited before and reved about the yoga, food and Beach. I have to say all my expectativas were met beyond what I thought. I am a yoga teacher and all the classes were taught by local teachers all with their own unique style and I loved them all. The food was amazing, healthy and fresh. The staff was outstanding and helped me with all my questions and concerns. I just really needed an extra fan one night and they literally sent someone to their hotel in Town to get me one.. Service with a smile....

The rooms are gorgeous, I had a full tour as after a few days there I realized I wanted to host a retreat with the hotel. It is Beautiful, run smooth and the yoga shalas are some of the most Beautiful I have seen..

Most importantly, Tulum has stayed Beautiful, so when I miss Mexico I know I don't have to go to Cancun..I can visit my Family in the City and then we can all take a weekend trip to Tulum, even better to Amansala!!

Me despido muy agradecida con todo el personal ya que soy muy amables y atentos para con la gente que se encuentra en el hotel. sigan asi.

Room Tip: Visit the mangrove
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Thank Maria de los An... F
Reviewed 14 May 2018

I recently hosted a boot camp retreat to celebrate the 10th year of my boot camp and this was the perfect place. we had a group of 14 for a combo of morning fitness classes, a few excursions, just enough relaxing and some celebrating. It couldn't have gone better. The entire place runs like clockwork with a friendly and relaxed vibe. The energy is incredible and the staff is outstanding! Grateful for such an amazing experience and I can't wait to come back!!

Reviewed 11 May 2018

We've stayed in the Amansala for 3 nights. Reading all the other negative trip advisor reviews, yes, I must agree: It is indeed neither the cleanliest place to stay in nor a hotel with competent staff members. It is very "eco" and very much on trying to rip you off, ie you have to pay for the wifi, plus they're trying to sell you an upgrade whenever possible (since apparently this is the philosophy of the hotel as the guy at check in told us "this is what we're told to do" - interesting!). Ok, theses are all facts other guests already left in there reviews here and if you're aware and buy into this concept - fine!. However, at our stay:

1. There was no key to the room we've booked. When we asked for a key the simple answer was "we've lost it - but you don't need a key" (no apologies, nothing). Aha. We of course asked for another room. After they tried to sell us an upgrade (although not our fault regarding the key), they offered us another room in the same category - without airconditioning though - and we've booked a room with AC. The next day all of a sudden the lost key to the first room appeared again - so we changed rooms again and checked into a room for the 3rd time in less than 24 hrs.

2. The second night someone - not hotel staff - came into our room. The doors were looked, which means they must have had a key. (and surprisingly the key to our room was lost in the first place). Nothing happened, yet still scary and should definitely not happend. I must say though that the staff handled this issue well and took it very serious and I've received my money back for the following nights.

We are very unimpressed by our Amansala experience. Prices in Tulum are not cheap, but if you compare this hotel with similar ones in the same category there is definitely ones where you'll get a better experience for the same money. At the end, when telling the management about our overall negative impression, the answer was "we don't care about our reputation or any trip advisor reviews, we're mostly fully booked".

7  Thank AliziBizi
Reviewed 11 May 2018

I just got back from Tulum and although I did not preplan where I was going to stay, upon arrival I decided to do 3 night in the town and 3 nights on the beach. I love fitness, yoga and wellness and I heard of Amansala Bikini Bootcamp from the yoga studio I go to.

I was traveling with a friend and we decided to see if we could do a last minute reservation if we went directly to the hotel. We were lucky enough to get a garden view room with a king bed, it was fine to share and we had the best 3 days at Amansala.

My friend is not really into yoga, so she sat on the beach with her book and read a lot, and although I was not part of the package, they let me participate in the yoga class which were open to the public and in the most AMAZING studios with a hardwood floor overlooking the beach. Typically the fitness classes are only open to the public if the group is smaller and my luck there were only a few people participating in fitness and they allowed me to join for 45 usd a class. They were worth every penny, I took a Salsa class with Sergio, he called it Latin Grooves and Cardio Box with Kate... She is my new inspiration.... Yoga was amazing, all the teachers were great!

My room had AC during the night, and we spent the days on the beach..We loved the dogs, they add the 6th star to a place I am already in love with.. The staff was so friendly, they took time to speak to me about maybe doing a yoga internship there when I get my teacher training as it would be my dream to work a season there. I loved the vibe, the food, the classes and everyone that worked there was so helpful and happy!

I do recommend if you go there to rent a bike as it is easy to get around to the other restaurants that are great, although it is easy to just settle down and not leave Amansala, we wanted to explore the beach a bit!

Thank you to everyone there!! I hope in a few years to come and experience working there with you all, as it is a dream place to visit and to work!

Room Tip: I booked a garden room and it had AC in the night, we spent our time on the beach so we did not have a problem with the rooms being hot..
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
melissa p, Manager at Amansala Eco-Chic Resort + Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we really appreciate your kindness and we look forward to hearing from you once you take your yoga teacher training.. We are always looking for new talent.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

I just got back from a trip at Amansala. I have been on major Burn Out, working 3 years with zero down time, building my business. A friend recommended I sign up for Beach N Bliss and being is just a few hours to fly to Cancun from Monterrey I decided to give myself a week to enjoy a quieter part of Mexico. Tulum is beautiful and Amansala had all I needed to unwind and relax. Arriving to Amansala I realized they mix the Bikini Bootcamp and Beach n Bliss. I just wanted yoga, some tours and spa services, the fitness program was too overwhelming for me as I was so out of shape! It was nice to have the groups combined as even though I did not participate in fitness I still ate with the group, did tours and the mediation and beachwalks everyday. We had 3 people on Beach n Bliss and 9 on Bikini Bootcamp and by the end of the week, we were inseparable as a group. I loved Amansala, staff, food, classes and especially the mediation at sunrise.......but the group dynamic was super special... I feel better than ever and I am going to visit some of my new friends in the USA this summer and we are planning a reunion camp the end of November to get in shape for 2019! Thank you to Josh, Daniel, Segio, Adele and the dogs...Kisu, Guerro, Miel, Mogly and Noodles for making this trip extra special...

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo

Thank you Dany...We enjoyed hosting you for a yoga retreat in paradise with us at Amansala. We love having people come to recharge after a busy work year, or years in your case, as we have the perfect medicine to get you back on track an it sounds like we did with a little help from our four legged trainers!!

See you in November.