“the ceviche was all we needed!”

Ahau Restaurant & Beach Grill
Ranked #66 of 489 Restaurants in Tulum
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 4 January 2015

We had a big plate of their mixed ceviche on top of delicious guacamole. I'm not even a big seafood fan but this was sooo good! We were too stuffed after this to even order dinner.

Reviewed 3 January 2015

While we felt a bit out of place with the kids at this beach filled with fit/trendy 20 and 30 year old hipsters, the vibe was great and the food very good and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 7 December 2014

Right on the beach, the setting is unmatched. The service is incomparable. Gotta say, Marco and his staff rival any top notch restaurant anywhere in the world. But it's about the food - it's always about the food. The habanero tomato salsa served with every meal is very good, just the right amount of spice. Always served alongside the traditional Mexican salsa of tomato, onion and cilantro. And the guac is perfect - always fresh made. We had the mixed ceviche several times - so good. A meal in itself. Stellar Mexican and American style breakfasts. I want to make special mention of the charcoal grill. Marco had his excellent staff set it up one day when I mentioned in passing that I was searching for fresh chargrilled fish. A whole red snapper with a garlic, caper and olive tapenade. One of the best meals I've ever had. Truly memorable. A special shout out to Victor, Rafael, David, Leo, Victor and Rafael. We truly felt special but it was clear this is the level of service afforded everyone. We'll be back for sure.

Reviewed 6 December 2014 via mobile

First of it is important to take this review as subjective. We travel as a couple and my bf is a chef.

We ate here a number of times during our vacation though it was close to our hotel; breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food is ok, not sensational. For breakfast we had fruit with granola and fruit - generous portions and fresh fruit. We recommend the vegetarian tacos, with that you also gets a great tomato salsa that they make by your table. Friendly service and a helpful staff and owner.

Reviewed 2 December 2014

We're staying at Ahau at the moment for our honeymoon and I can not praise the food and staff here enough. I had blacked shrimp for lunch the other day and it was by far the tastiest I've ever had - the size of the shrimps alone was pretty epic but they were also beautifully cooked and just so tasty. I've had a similar dish elsewhere since which was a total disappointment by comparison which just highlights how good it is here. Like the other reviewer I also loved the ceviche - I can highly recommend the mixed fish & seafood one. The setting is lovely, the staff are all so happy and friendly and the food is quite simply delicious. Its definitely worth a visit in our opinion :)