Azulik(Tulum)
US$415
US$360
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$399/night.

US$226
US$270
US$229
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$323/night.

US$72
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsyogurtevery morningposada margheritabreakfast is servedcross breezetoasted breadmosquito nettingbeautiful beachboogie boardstulum beachocean frontbeach chairssea breezehotel zoneceiling fantacosplaya del carmen
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Our trip was very last minute, but Posada Lamar was everything we could ask for. Because it was so last minute we had one double and one king bed, which was not ideal but that was our fault for leaving it so late.

The service was very sweet, very friendly staff, full of helpful advice and where to go to avoid all the touristy distractions and to eat like a proper local.

The view was stunning, the ability to just walk a few steps and you are on the beach was a magical feeling.

Solar power generated and having to charge electronics at reception was a huge wake up call to us about how little we need things in our lives to make us happy. It also allowed us to be more romantic by using candles which is a nice touch.

All in all, my partner had a great time. It was a great, secluded get away with little guest staying at the place. We were treated very well, and I love the staff there.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We had a Fabulous time at Posada Lamar, I researched all the Hotels along the beach and Prices. Posada had the closest bungalos to the ocean. Rubi and Zfiro are 50 feet from the sea.
No other hotel had anything as close. There are no hotels on either side of this property.
Everyone that works there are very helpful and nice. We stayed in Zafiro a very large room with a huge deck. When you lie in bed and look out the windows you think you are on a cruise liner.
It has huge windows on two sides and you can see as far as you can in both directions on the beach, which is beautiful and perfect for swimming. The other bungalos are very lovely too, just not the same view, more in a garden but still extremely close to the ocean. This place is more Mexican style which I really liked but if you are prissy its not your place. The breakfast they serve on your deck is wonderful ! Do not worry about the electricity cause you will be asleep before midnight. We brought flashlights and a very small led lantern, kinda like a bike light. These came in handy for walks on the beach road and the middle of the night to find the bathroom. Most of the time the water was hot but even the cold is not cold but lukewarm so showers were always possible.We took cabs up and down the beach to other hotels to have dinner. The cab fee was about three or four dollars. The cab to town was six or seven. There is a freeway from Cancun to Tulum so next time we will rent a car, you can also rent one in Tulum. We used Cancun Shuttle to take and pick us up to Posada. They were very professional and on time. Tulum is expensive, food, eating out and drinking can cost a pretty penny. I already knew this and came prepared. All the restaurants have very good food. We sunned and swam, read, ate and drank, it was very peaceful.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Laurie2012
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Cabaña Rubí, the smallest, but still very spacies, of the two beachfront cabañas, was my home for the first two weeks of December 2011. Posada Lamar has his own style when it comes to decorating and that was very attractive to me. At the moment they are still improving and they are doing a great job.

Every member of the staff have made me feel so much at home and nothing is too much for them. It felt like they also are a great team amongst each other and that reflexes towards the guests.
Thanks to Manuel, José and Adriana at the reception; Flor and Lourdes who make lovely breakfasts and clean the whole place and to José and Guerardo who do all the work in the garden, on the beach and at the cabañas.

I can't say anything wrong about Posada Lamar.....
Oh yes....unfortunatly there is one thing: a couple of days before I left they planted new palmtrees on the beach which is ofcourse great, especially for the years to come. One of the trees (over 2 meters high) was planted 1 meter from the balcony from Rubí, right in de middle where it already started to block the oceanview. For now there is no real 'problem' when it comes to the view but it soon will. I don't know how fast a palm will grow but I want to warn future residents of cabaña Rubí. Soon you can forget about the fantastic oceanview, and thát is what you pay for in a beachfront cabaña, because it will change into palmview (not joking!).
All the cabañas in de the garden are also very beautiful so don't pay more for an oceanview that you soon won't get anymore.

I was hoping not having to write this because when I talked about this with the owner he promised to take the tree away but it was still there when I left.
Soon I hope to read here on TripAdvisor in someone else's review that the tree has been replanted at an other spot and that Rubí will continue to be an oceanfront with a fantastic oceanview because that is what she diserves!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Babbeltje42
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Perfect beachfront paradise. We had a group of 8 and stayed in the Amber and Sapphire bungalows. They were both very spacious and the beds were amazingly comfortable. There's only electricity for a few hours at night, but they provide candles if you need light for the remaining hours. Couldn't have asked for a more perfect vacation spot. They have hammocks and lounge chairs by the beach and on the porches, and bring you a wonderful breakfast every morning. No a/c, but cabins are well ventilated by the sea breeze. There are restaurants along the beach within walking distance that have amazing food at great prices. The people of the are are friendly and helpful, and the ambiance is superb, and the archaeological site of Tulum is not far down the road.

Specific advice: if you're going to take a shower, do it in the middle of the afternoon, because the sun is what warms your shower water in a reservoir on top of the cabins. Found this out the hard way.

If you're looking for a positively perfect getaway, with friends or a significant other, I definitely recommend it. I wish we could have stayed longer. It was amazing.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 December 2011

My husband and I stayed at Posada Lamar for 3 nights. Our bungalow was on the 2nd story with a very private deck (hammock, table & 2 chairs), a beautiful room with an amazing Virgin of Guadelupe sink, and a 1 minute walk to the gorgeous beach. We were much happier staying here than in town, where we had spent 2 nights prior, and the price was about the same. Electricity goes off in the evenings, and the staff lights candles and torches around the bungalows. There is a lot of attention to detail and color and material in these bungalows..not your typical beach bungalows! Also, there are not many of them compared to other places on the beach, so it feels more quiet and private and romantic. Posada Lamar does not have its own restaurant but the beach is filled with places to eat. The included breakfasts of papaya, yogurt, and toast were simple and good. The staff was very helpful and the room was kept clean. The staff booked a kayaking tour for us at the Sian Ka'an, which was lots of fun. The wifi did work and I was able to recharge my ipod in the office after the electricity was turned off. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple