“Excellent Service”

Ranked #1 of 3 Quick Bites in Caldicot
Cuisines: American, Indian, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Your Sizzling local, serving Breakfast from 9am-12pm Full menu selection all day untill 10pm Showing great sport with both Sky Sports and BT Sport available with our big screen and surround sound showing games LIVE! Receive discounted drinks with our Green Card offer
Reviewed 2 June 2021

Visited the Haywain tonight with friends. After such a long time not being out at a pub we had a very warm welcome from the manager Jane, nothing was too much trouble, the set up was brilliant and made me feel safe. Such a lovely atmosphere and excellent service. The choices of drinks was also excellent. We can’t wait to visit again. Thank you all for making a lovely evening. :-)

Date of visit: June 2021
General Manager A, Manager at The Haywain, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2021

Thank you for leaving a review 958vickyl we’re very pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Write a reviewReviews (193)

Reviewed 1 June 2021 via mobile

Used to visit The Haywain almost every week before COVID-19 and couldn't fault it then. But visited yesterday and I was impressed with the customer service, social distancing and the food. Me being me I forgot my mask so they handed me a mask and ensured I tracked and traced myself before being seated. Me and my partner ordered on the app, we found it so easy and convinent to use. Our food didn't take long at all and I've got to be said it was beautiful, definitely good value for our money. The staff were polite and friendly and made sure we felt comfortable and we had everything we needed. Would definitely recommend and will be returning again soon.

Date of visit: May 2021

Thank you for your lovely review Kim we are pleased you enjoyed your visit. We are doing everything we can to ensure our staff and guests are as safe as possible, it’s good to hear this is noticed and appreciated. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 1 June 2021

We visited here a few days ago & I have to say I was very impressed. It is the only place I have been that is following all of the Welsh government guidelines. The staff were very accomodating and friendly & the food was of a very high standard. Will definitely be back very soon. Well done to you all in these uncertain times.

Date of visit: May 2021

Thank you for your review Sarah we appreciate you taking the time. Keeping our staff and guests safe is a priority so following the guidelines seems just like common sense. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 30 May 2021

Staff are so rude every time I’ve been there food is pretty average too. Just go to any other pub. Honestly such an awful group of people in charge discussing attitude.

Date of visit: May 2021
General Manager A, Manager at The Haywain, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 22 November 2020 via mobile

Value for money. Staff great and all in masks. Felt safe and I am booking to go again. Food nice and hot.

Date of visit: November 2020
GeneralManagerAA, Manager at The Haywain, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2020

Thank you for your review Danthetraveller13. We appreciate you taking the time and we look forward to your next visit.