“FLEA HOTEL”

Hilton Paris Orly Airport
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Orly
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 August 2017

I stayed there on Saturday August 12th. I arrived very late just to go to sleep at least 6 hours and leave at 8 am to take my following plane. The room was nice, i have been there two months ago and it is useful if you have to take an early flight from Orly. The point is that i could hardly sleep because i was feeling uncomfortable in the bed. Even though it was hardly to believe there were fleas in the bed. By the time i woke up, i went to the reception and i showed the ¨bites¨. They said they will look for the manager, i didn´t have time to wait so long. I sent two mails with photos of how my body was, but i get no reply. It is time to share with the public. Avoid this hotel

Room Tip: avoid this hotel, avoid the fleas
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,703)

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Staring with the better. The room is comfortable and clean. Check in was quick and professional.
We arrived at 23:25 after missing the shuttle bus which only briefly stopped and swiftly drove off.
Even though the website said the restaurant is open until 12 pm in reality it closes at 23:30. room service is available until midnight, however getting through was near impossible. Had to go downstairs as my phone then broke.
The staff at reception unhappily dealt with my request to contact room service for me and got just as frustrated. The reason I was given for the long wait was that this is the summer season and there is always less staff around?... surely when it's busier there should be more staff? I finally gotten an order placed. Sadly I could not obtain a mixed raw vegetable salad. I was told it is ice berg lettuce only. At a price of 12 Euro this was a bit steep. I then proceeded to the bar to order something to drink and was told by the bar staff it's closed at 23:30!!! I had to order via room service.
Back to the reception to ask the unhappy assistant to call room service again. Room service - no you cannot order a drink after 23:30. only coke....
Back to the bar to let the staff know for future reference that no, drinks cannot be ordered on room service. We ended up with a manager who made a drinks order possible and also managed a food order for us which was very helpful.
We were told that it he summer season the manager has decided to close the bar early at 23:30 , normally it closed after 1 am or so.
This is an airport hotel and not some private b&b or small hotel for holiday makers wishing to go to bed early. Surely 24 hour service is a basic for such a business?
I thought the Hilton in Gatwick is as bad as it gets for an airport hotel, however there must be a competition. So far this one is winning the race to the bottom.
Would I recommend this hotel. No, there are better ones at the airport.
The food arrived swiftly. The cheese platter was 4 pieces of Brie on iceberg lettuce that was past freshness. Lettuce in my fridge gets these brown edges when I leave it there for a couple of weeks..... the rest was fine.
Staff in general nice. Perhaps higher from the top needs to be re education in customer service and organisation of services provided and offered on the website. Their are plenty of shining airport hotels to use as role models.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Hotel is supposedly only 300m from Terminal but you need a shuttle bus because it's not pedestrian accessible. It started badly for us when the shuttle bus drove off just as we were about to open the door. So an extra 15mn wait outside after a delayed flight did not put us in a good mood.
Hotel foyer is very nice, obviously refurbished and up to Hilton standard. Check-in staff fine. Then it goes downhill. An unpleasant-smelling bedroom (family room) and absolutely no facilities. No coffee-making facility, no minibar, no ironing board etc. Cleaning standard not brilliant. Not a refurbished room, and it showed badly.
We went to the buffet restaurant, admittedly about 20mn before they stop taking more customers. But the buffet was very poor - particularly the quality of the hot dishes, and it is expensive at 38Euros (with one glass of wine). Worse still was the level of professionalism of the staff. One girl who announced (supposedly to her colleagues but loud enough for all to hear) that she is "going for a pee". The rest of the staff generally more interested in talking and laughing amongst themselves rather than attending to clients. Very downmarket standard of service.
Overall, this is a convenient location, but a very expensive stopover and not worth it when there are cheaper, less pretentious hotels in the zone. I am a regular Hilton customer (and HHonor member) but this is one Hilton I will not go back to.

Room Tip: insist on a refurbished room
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

The Hilton is in a perfect location for Orly airport. We had an early morning flight and the hotel arranged special early free transfers as the normal service started at 6 am. The rooms were a good size and the staff were helpful.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2017

We use the Hilton Orly at least one a year. Their package with parking is convenient and secure. The roomed are bright and clean and we always enjoy a good nights sleep before an early departure. The real test is that we recommend it to our friends!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Peter C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orly
0.4 km away
Grand Hotel Senia
#2 of 7 in Orly
2.7 km away
Best Western Plus Paris Orly Airport

Been to Hilton Paris Orly Airport? Share your experiences!