“The Heart of San Miguel de Allende”
Review of Cafe Monet

Cafe Monet
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2015

It has been five years since I had the pleasure of walking into lovely Cafe Monet in San Miguel de Allende but I can still smell those ridiculously delicious cinnamon buns! I miss the expats who found this expat haven long ago and still find their way through the cobblestoned streets every morning to compare notes about their experiences in this spectacular colonial gem. I miss the guy perched at the bar wearing a Canadian Mountie uniform with an unmistakeable air of distinction. And most of all, I miss the owner William Mendenhall, who certainly vies for the "most interesting man" title.

Reviewed 15 October 2015

We eat at Cafe Monet for the Canadian Thanksgiving event. The cost was $250p per person. Which is a little pricey for Deli style turkey breast. The sides were very good, although the mashed potatoes could have used a little more gravy.
But the service was very good.
I have also been there for breakfast and that was very good also.

Reviewed 8 October 2015

Love coming here for wonderful relaxing breakfasts. Great ambiance, good portions and great prices. Service is great. Movie and dinner night is great. Reservations needed for movie/dinner night

Reviewed 4 October 2015

We had breakfast at Cafe Monet twice while we were visiting San Miguel. We are early risers and were pleased that Cafe Monet opened at 7:30 a.m. Chilaquiles with coffee or tea was about US $3.50. There seemed to be a number of regulars who were expats. The service was friendly and efficient. We enjoyed the food and the neighborly ambiance.

Reviewed 23 September 2015

The food is always great! I love the warm atmosphere and the fact that the owner communicates and makes you feel welcome like you're at home. Never had a meal I didn't enjoy!