“Food was good. Setting is beautiful. Pool was relaxing”

Nirvana Restaurant and Retreat
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I only gave Nirvana four stars because after our lunch there, I tried to book a mani/pedi at the Spa and no one got back to me! And, when you need a mani/pedi you really need one so I was a bit disappointed and went elsewhere. I could have been my problem--as I don't speak Spanish and I wrote the Spa request in English. The day we had lunch we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Go to Nivanna. If you want Spa treatments, you may need to work a bit harder than I did to book something.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

If we could dine on ambiance .... but not so. Slow service, less than ordinary food. My wife can do better on her worst day.

1  Thank SMAPhotographer
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

We keep returning to Nirvana not so much for the food which we’ve found inconsistent but for the atmosphere. It is a beautiful location providing a relaxed afternoon in the country. The staff is accommodating and the food often tasty.

1  Thank Susannegt
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

A great place for lunch especially for the setting, beautiful views from all the outside tables. The food is average, unless your taste runs to grilled meats. Still worth the drive though (it's about 25 minutes outside of town).

1  Thank Alex D
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Nervana is located in a stunning wooded area outside of the hustle and bustle of Centro San Miguell.
The food is delishious and of the highest quality. The have their own organic farm on the property and have fresh produce year round.
The owner is s fine bylingual gentelman and the staff is well trained and highly professional.
There are several hot springs in the area as well as the historic village of Atontonilco so you can make a full day of your visit.