Belmond Casa de Sierra Nevada(San Miguel de Allende)
US$322
  • Pool
Amatista Hotel Boutique(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
US$87
  • Breakfast included
Arcada San Miguel(San Miguel de Allende)
US$57
US$55
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$64/night.

Casa Schuck Boutique Hotel(San Miguel de Allende)
US$205
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$231/night.

Bed and Breakfast La Casa de los Espejos(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
US$102
Orbitz.com
Acuarela Bed And Breakfast(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
US$45
Ana Catalina(San Miguel de Allende)
  • Restaurant
Alba del Castillo(San Miguel de Allende)
TripAdvisor
4 Alcobas(San Miguel de Allende)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 December 2014 via mobile

I went to this hotel around 29 th dec. With my family. Its very central hotel & all things are very close. We had a nice stay here. Only thing was lacking in the room was good matress .. they r really very hard. Can do something about those. We had a great time there..

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2014 via mobile

We stayed two weekend nights and couldn't be more pleased with the hotel. If we go back to SMA we'll stay there again.

The hotel is less than a block from the main plaza - very conveniently located. The lobby / dining seating area is beautifully decorated. The front desk staff was always present and very helpful (Spanish only, evidently - not a problem for us). This hotel was great for us as a family stay - there were several other families there, as well as a number of couples without kids. It was pretty full given the long (local) holiday weekend.

Breakfast was fantastic - the five fixed price selections are ample and very tasty (there's also a traditional menu from which you can order). The hot chocolate is outstanding - the coffee is okay, but Starbuck's is only a half block away.

The only drawback is the lack of a proper bar (for those for whom this is important), but there is drink service until 11pm - and there are numerous drinking establishments within a short walk.

We're a family of five and stayed in room 18, a room with three double beds. It was roomy, clean, and comfortable. There is some Friday/Saturday night noise that filters through from the street as this room is at the front, but it could be avoided by requesting a room more towards the back. Be aware that the rooms open to the central courtyard and don't have windows to the outside - the "quaint" part of staying in a ~200 year old building.

Parking - there isn't any. An employee will valet your car, but address this while making your reservation. It takes ~20 mins for them to retrieve it - not an issue if you plan ahead. We parked ours upon arrival and didn't get it out again until we left.

I didn't see any other reviews more recent than 2010 - and didn't see any roaches, bedbugs, or other negative issues addresses from years ago.

The only thing keeping this from being a five-star review is a dispute we had with them regarding the number of breakfasts included with the room. In the end we reached an amicable compromise after speaking with the front desk, but be sure you clarify exactly what will be included in the rate.

Stayed: November 2014
Reviewed 19 August 2010

If you like sleeping on box springs, this is the place for you. The worst "rest" I ever had in my life. Bed bugs; small roach in bathroom; cave-like rooms, although they are decorated cute. Bring ear plugs no matter where you stay. The staff is very nice, but very little English is spoken so be prepared. Breakfast was good. I wouldn't sleep in their bed again if George Clooney was in it.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank verabanks
Reviewed 3 February 2010

We came to San Miguel for the X'mas long weekend, the location was great, close to the center plaza and all main attractions. Parking is complicated, parking lot is far away and we never got the valet parking they offered. Breakfast was O.K. coffee not good. I dont know if the hotel has wi-fi as we would move to the Starbucks at the corner for coffee and wi-fi. It is a good location for a good price.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank mtangulo
Reviewed 28 May 2009

Sixteen years ago, my husband and I began to import folk art from Mexico. Our first stop was San Miguel de Allende. We selected Mansion Virreyes because the location is so convenient! We would rush to the Mercado and purchase items sometimes boxes of items and drop them off in our room.I felt safe and knew that I could leave my items in the room.

As a result, I have made numerous trips back to San Miguel with friends, family, and business associates. Everyone who accompanies me enjoys the stay as well. I do point out to all that it is a family friendly place...not a luxury hotel and Breakfast is included.

I had a "girlfriends" weekend with my two sisters-in-law and our breakfast was a leisurely one...we had about 2 years a catching up to do and not once were we rushed away.

The front desk can be slow and appear disinterested, I can agree with that. I experienced it once, and began to engage the lady at the front desk in some chit-chatting. My experience changed dramatically! I was treated like a VIP by her and the staff to date. A little act of kindness can go a long way.

Overall, my experience in Mexico, whether it is in San Miguel,Mexico City or a number of other places I have visited is nothing short of stellar. Mexico is well known for excellent customer service. The people of Mexico take great pride in their history and culture and there is a deep sense of patriotism.

Whenever I hear someone complain about having a sour experience I ask them what their expectations were and what they think of the country they are visiting; in this case, Mexico. Usually it is a reaction to their behavior that makes their experience a negative one.
Just a thought.