See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 February 2017

With all of the beautiful exterior facades in San Miguel, that of Mansion Virreyes is far from special. And yet this is a comfortable, quaint and enjoyable location. And the colorful interior makes up for the the bland exterior. And you're less than a block away from the main plaza, known as the Jardín. A block! It's hard to beat this location.

A few other things to know about this hotel:
-All rooms have windows that look insight, toward the courtyard. In other words, it's less than comfortable to leave your curtains/windows open when you're in. Additionally, as others have indicated, the rooms can be noisy since any activity in the restaurant below tends to rise to the rooms above.
-My experience with the front desk was very positive, but then I do speak fluent Spanish. They went out of their way to help me make transportation arrangements for a very early trip to the León airport.
-The rooms: yes a bit small and with a bed that's a bit hard. But still quite comfortable and quaint.
-The breakfast included with the price of the room was outstanding.

Ultimately, this is a place that I would recommend. There are a few issues that some might find more important than others. But did I mention the location? Less than one block from the Jardín!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Douglas W
Reviewed 28 November 2016

Pros:
- The hotel is placed in a very centric area, from there you can walk to the main square.
- Rooms are clean.
- Staff is nice.
- Food from the restaurant is good.
- Rooms are not as cold as they look.

Cons:
- Some rooms (or the one we stayed in at least) required some fixes in the shower as water was leaking when we wanted to use it.
- The electric outlet in the bathroom was dangerously close to the shower, thus creating a potential risk mixed with the issue above.
- Toilet paper is the cheapest.
- Overall the furniture needs some fixing. It's great to have a colonial style, but some doors and windows were in bad shape.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank icarin
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

30 years I have been coming here!! Love this place and the staff! Meet the owner. He is the best!! I love him so!! Fabulous food! Fabulous music! Fabulous rooms!! The patios and rooftop suite excellent!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

I had a nice stay at the hotel. The valet parking guy was very helpful and very nice. The receptionist was alright but smiling could help a little bit when greeting your guests to make them feel like home. Apart from that the rooms are very clean and spacious. It's really a few steps away from the Jardin Principal. I have stayed here a couple of times and so far I've had a good experience.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2016

We have stayed at this hotel many times and have always enjoyed our visit. The staff could not be nicer and more helpful. The restaurant is one of the best kept secrets in town. It is excellent!!!! I have had 3 of our travel groups stay at the Mansion Virreyes and plan another group visit for 2016.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business