“Terrific Restaurant as well as a great bakery ...”
Review of Campanio

Campanio
Reviewed 4 February 2016

We discovered this bakery / restaurant as soon as we arrived in SMA and have been making daily pilgrimages for its bread and pastries. But, you shouldn't overlook the restaurant which has excellent food (international cuisine) that's beautifully presented. The salads are wonderful, the tuna is superb and if you're in the mood from a club sandwich, this is the place. The English-speaking staff is professional and friendly. This is our go-to place when we want a break from Mexican food.

Reviewed 20 January 2016

Campanio is known for its pastries and breads, which are deservedly celebrated. I stopped in for breakfast in the dining room, which was even better. While the pastries are European inspired, the main course breakfasts are deliciously Mexican. I had baked eggs in a green salsa with cheese. The yolks were perfect, neither too hard nor soft. While I waited for the eggs I was offered a lavish tray of basked goods and sipped delicious coffee. It would be tempting to go every day, but probably too rich.

Reviewed 31 December 2015

My rating of average is based more on the overall experience that we had, rather than the ambiance or food. The baked goods are delicious, and the breakfast entrees we had were excellent as well. However, we showed up around 11 am for Sunday brunch. Put in our name, and waited around 30 minutes. A family came in and were seated right away, although they were not on the list. The next family was called , and luckily there were considerate enough to point out that we had been waiting, and I said, yes, for over 30 minutes. Oh, my mistake, yes you are next. Please follow me. I ordered coffee with milk. Not usually a challenging order. However, the waiter brought the coffee, with no spoon and no milk. 5 minutes later, he brought the milk and I asked for a spoon. Still no spoon. I finally asked the host. My husband's smoothie was spilled all over him. An accident, and they cleaned the table up. He still was left with smoothie on his pants and shoes. I ordered another cup of coffee. Again, no spoon. We left and there was no consideration of the spilled drink, not even comping the smoothie or a cup of coffee. We just felt like we were not welcome there.

Reviewed 13 December 2015

We've bought many things from the bakery so decided to give the restaurant a shot. It's pretty decent. Prices are a bit high. Food was a bit on the bland side but still enjoyable. Service is really good.

Reviewed 12 December 2015

Everything is fresh and high quality. The service is prompt and attentive. The next door (and part of the business) bakery provides wonderful "pan dulce" choices