“Nice terrace ”

Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Italian Restaurant, Great quality, Wood oven Pizzería, Spectacular Terrace, Wine bar, Private Chef's Terrace, Lounge downstairs with the best live music in town, great calendar of events. A true Must in San Miguel de Allende. Valet Parking and Delivery. Reservations suggested
Reviewed 19 March 2016 via mobile

Good thin crust pizza. Good service. The view of the church bell tower is very nice and up close feeling. I'd go back if I was in San Miguel more long term.

Reviewed 9 March 2016

We came with 2 other couples who have spent a lot more time in SMA than we had and since it was such a balmy night, we were happy to sit on the rooftop patio where we had a great view of the dome on the adjacent former convent.

The pizzas were great. Maybe the best we have had in SMA. There were some interesting topping choices, like lobster, as well as the traditional pepperoni for North Americans and 4 Estaciones for Europeans. Talk about catering for everyone.

The 4 cheese pasta was the hit of the evening. I hope there was enough left for the poor person who ordered it and then offered the rest of us a taste.

Service was friendly and helpful.

Nice place.

Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

Went to this restaurant on a Saturday night to enjoy some good Italian food and the company of friends. We also expected to hear some live music but the action wasn't staring until 10:30 which is a little late to be dining on heavily Italian food. As a result at 7 pm we were almost all alone in this large restaurant. Everyone enjoyed their food - the pizzas, pasta and salads were all excellent. We had some great red wine too - a Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot from Baja California, Mexico called Copernicus. The service was very good, although the waiter's English was not great. Pre-dinner drinks, good wine and salad plus a main course as well as desserts came to around 800 pesos per person which was we thought was very reasonable.

Reviewed 19 February 2016

One cold evening in SMA we wandered into this restaurant. I was grateful to get out of the cold, but I was not impressed with the meal. I ordered ravioli and it was average at best. My husband had risotto and he thought it was okay. I felt that it was an expensive meal and the quality did not match the price.

Reviewed 15 February 2016

We went for Valentines dinner. The setting is beautiful on the upper patio with the lit dome in the background.
Our first disappointment was that the first two Italian wines on the list were not available. Our waiter did recommend a suitable Mexican substitute that was good but not inexpensive.
As we sat waiting for our food, the waiter explained several menu selections in great detail to the Mexicans sitting next to us. He had not offered any information to us. On the menu it stated the ravioli filling changed weekly and I had to ask what was being offered.
Our appetizers, the calamari and artichoke were both good. My husband ordered the Tuscan Chicken which he declared good. I ordered the Linguini with Proccuito & Porccini. Although my pasta was tasty, when I pointed out to the waiter that there were no Porccini mushrooms in it, just plain button mushrooms his only response was "oh". There was nothing done to address the fact that the dish was not as advertised. That left a bad taste in my mouth.

1  Thank azuwish