“Great atmosphere & service”

Maro's Shrimp House
Ranked #41 of 602 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place is a must enjoy experience. They have a signature drink called a Bulldog that comes with a little routine when serving. Sure to put a smile on anyone's face!
The food is reasonably priced for what you get. My table enjoyed lobster tails, shrimp, ribs & steak and we were all quite happy with it.
The walls are filled with flags, banners & signatures of the many, many visitors from across the globe. The service is excellent and fun.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,449)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Crazy place.. Loud and full of gringos. The walls are covered with graffiti and college flags. Strolling musicians. Servers are fast but a bit naughty - sexual innuendos are rampant when serving, especially drinks. We had shrimp and lobster. Both were really fresh and tasty with fast service. The prices were quite high for what you got.. 17 bucks for 16 grilled shrimp on a little bed of rice. The place was a bit tacky and cheap looking all around but I think it appeals to the party crowd. Food was great but way overpriced.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I drove up to the restaurant and they valet parked the car which was great. This is a very casual restaurant filled with American tourists. Many customers order the bulldog...margarita with a small corona beer. This will get the waiter to dry hump you while he is poring the beer into the margarita. People live this... everyone is screaming and laughing. It's a loud party atmosphere. The food is very reasonably priced and delicious. They offer various combinations of seafood and seafood with steak. The margaritas are delicious. Service was very good. The owner us in everyday leading the party in his restaurant.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Maro’s was packed on a Sunday night which was a clear indication of what a great restaurant it is. It offers an authentic experience with a bustling atmosphere. Obviously, Maro’s is best known for its seafood specials which my friends enjoyed. I️, however, do not eat seafood and was concerned there wouldn’t be anything for me on the menu. I️ lucked out and they had a couple of non-seafood dishes such as enchiladas and quesadillas. I️ ordered the enchiladas with beans and rice and was pleased to find them to be quite tasty. We also all got the bull dog which is like a Coronarita that’s comes with a special dance from the server. Overall it was a pleasant experience and I️ would go back again.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Let me start off by saying I gave Maro's an excellent recommendation 5 years ago and have referred many people there over the years. I took 5 of my friends there while on our annual trip to Cabo. First of all Maro barely greeted us. He has always been so friendly but this time he barely said hello and hung out near the cash register the whole time we were there. The shrimp and lobster were good but the steak was gristle and over cooked.
Lastly, they charged us a tax on top of our bill. When we asked about it we were told it was a tip. Last time I checked, customers are able to write in their own tip, and it is not added to the bill as "tax". I hope these things are fixed or I will be looking for a different restaurant in Cabo! :(