“A must place to eat when in Cabo”

Maria Corona Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Maria Corona Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 597 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Price range: US$19 - US$48
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: WELCOME TO MARÍA CORONA ….Celebrate México and its rich culinary tradition in every bite! Romantic atmosphere, beautiful patio, warm service and memorable Mexican cuisine, fine dining. Dedicated to our grandmother Maria Corona born in 1916 in Mexico City, here you will find her traditional recipes along with her cooking secrets as they’ve been handed down from generation to generation. Our restaurant serves as an honorable guardian and preserver of the traditional Mexican cuisine and cooking methods. The mole is made from scratch from the toasting of the chiles to grinding of the almonds in traditional stone “metate” . Our tortillas are handmade, the salsas are prepared in prehispanic stone molcajetes, Guacamole prepared at your table…. Everything is done in the purest of Mexican Cooking Traditions. Located in the heart of downtown San Lucas with indoor or patio seating. Live music and folcloric dances nightly from 6:30 to 9:30 pm. Octuber to July - Open for lunch and dinner from Noon to 11pm. August to September Open from 4 pm to 11 pm Amazing Sunday Brunch from 10 am to 2 pm
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Great atmosphere, great food and great service. We went several times during our last visit! They had dfferent entertainment each night we went.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
bcgroupcabo, Director Comercial at Maria Corona Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Dear Client:

We will keep improving and doing our best to give you and all our clients an authentic Mexican experience!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I walked in looking like a drowned rat due to the heat and humidity. Noticing my distress, the hostess sat me directly under a fan. Another staff member went and got a floor fan and made it even more comfortable. I ordered carnitas and a margarita. Both were very good. Moist, tender meat, deliciously prepared, with corn and flour tortillas. There was a mariachi band, which I am not generally too fond of, but this trio was excellent. Not loud, overbearing music, but soothing, wonderful harmonies and great guitar and bass work. Then another surprise. A troupe of 4 performers did what I was told was a traditional dance from Michoacan, very energetic, and their costumes were so colorful! Adrian, the server, was very attentive. He and the other staff made sure everything was going well (and kept my water filled.) The entertainment was top notch, and the food was excellent, but nothing was better than the care and consideration shown by the staff. They are to be commended. Great place!

Dear JClient:

Thank you so much for your last visit to our restaurant and thank you for your beautiful review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the food, the drinks and our entertainment

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

The food was delicious! The ambiance was perfect. And the service was great!

My husband and I was to have a good dinner at a nice sit down restaurant before heading to the bars. If you're walking around at night, it's easy to miss this place. But do try and find it. You def don't want to miss out!

They do start you off with chips and salsa. The salsa here is really good! We ordered an appetizer. We got the cheese dip that they make table side. I cannot even begin to explain how amazingly good the cheese dip was! It was so rich and creamy, and the corn tortillas they serve it with were so fresh. I highly recommend the cheese dip!

I ordered Chef's combination. It came with a tamale, enchilada, beans, rice, and also a ground beef dish w/mixed vegetables. Every was really good, however, the enchilada sauce was a bit on the sweet side. My husband also orders a combination plate also, which came with chicken mole, chile relleno, and chorizo. His only complaint was that the mole had a bit too much cinnamon for his taste. But everything was good, and the servings are pretty big. You could definitely share a plate, especially if you're going to order appetizers.

Another thing is that they take pictures of you. They have them printed and ready for purchase before you leave. The picture was only $10. Def a nice touch! I would def come back my on my next visit to Cabo. I highly recommend them!

Dear Jessica:

Thank you so much for your last visit to our restaurant and thank you for your beautiful review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the food and ambiance.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

What to have a truly wonderful Mexican Fiesta, while you dine on deliciously prepared food and eat under the stars? Then go to Maria Corona Restaurant! Service is terrific too! This is one of the restaurants at the top of our list when visiting Cabo!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
bcgroupcabo, Director Comercial at Maria Corona Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Dear Julie:

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Maria Corona has always been a favorite. It has been a couple of years since dining there because of the many new restaurants opening in Cabo that we wanted to try out.... However, on this particular Aug 10th, 2017 evening, was exceptionally special because of the cultural entertainment and the menu. The food was fabulous...as is the service and ambiance... Definitely adding Maria Corona back to one of the nights to dine during our week vacation every year (for the past 20 years) in Cabo.

Dear Client:

Thank you so much for your last visit to our restaurant and thank you for your beautiful review. It was a pleasure to receive you one more time at the restaurant.