Cabo Inn Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$48
US$46
  • Pool
Estancia Real Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)
US$62
US$36
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$42/night.

Baja Cabo Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$60
Bajas Cactus Hotel y Hostel(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$29
  • Breakfast included
Cabo Vista Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$55
Cabo Pedregal Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$57
Travelocity
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$589
US$497
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Bahia Hotel & Beach House(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$146
  • Restaurant
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$122
3,513 results
All reviewsla rocasports bardon luismurphy bedlands endthe pacific oceanmaster suiteinfinity poolmeal plantime sharefitness centercrashing waveswelcome homebell staffspecial thanksrooms are beautifulkids club
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I’m taking the time to write this review because I rely on TA for all our travels.

It’s true, this is a beautiful property and being able to leave your balcony doors open at night and hear the waves lull you to sleep is wonderful, but because of this, most tourist overlook the problems, which is why I gave this property four stars.

Upon arrival, you are checked in and assigned a room (no keys) as 4:00 PM check-in is sacrosanct. Your luggage is secured by being placed to the side of the front desk along with everyone else’s. There isn’t any offer for changing rooms so you could enjoy the pools and there aren't any pool cabanas. This is also a problem if you are leaving late, as 11:00 AM checkout is mandatory. As previously stated by others, you are given a welcome Margarita and a coupon for a second drink; and unlike the pool drinks, these were good. The front desk is always busy; no one at check-in has time to explain the property or available services to you. Paperwork in the suites is minimal. If you are a first-timer, you have to learn what’s available and where to find it on your own. Bellboys are friendly and the wait staff is eager to serve. Within a few days, you will find that many of them remember your name. There is 24 hour available room service.

Currently there are four pools – three are small infinity pools meant for cooling off not swimming (the furthest without a bar is adults only) and the largest is a family pool. I believe there are plans for an additional pool, which they need. Pool towels (as many as you want) are readily available and larger and much nicer than the room towels. There is no on-site fitness center. There is a small on site spa and outdoor massages. Full service spa and a fitness center are at their sister resort, Playa Grande, which you are free to use.

The ongoing construction is not terribly bothersome, but unsightly. One of the infinity pools and the family pool is very close to the construction. Therefore, these pools are empty while the other infinity pool that allows children becomes crowded. The non-swimmable ocean is guarded due to the dangerous undertow.

The food onsite at La Rocca or the pool bars is mediocre to downright tasteless. No one in our party of 6 understood this. Drinks are watered down to the point of being virgin. Happy hour is 3-5 at the pool bars, 5-7 at the lobby bar. Drinks are two for one during happy hour. They offer one specialty two-for-one drink all day everyday. The drink changes daily. The all-inclusive plan (not mandatory) is $89.00 per day for non-owners and $84.00/day for owners, which also includes 50% off top shelf alcohol, and percentage off spa services. The resort closes down early, so if you come back from dinner at say 9:30 and want to sit by a pool and order a drink, you can't.

The suites are lovely. The views are gorgeous. Mattress comfort seemed to be hit or miss, ours was fine. Pillows are another story. They are horrible - lumpy and uncomfortable. Talking to fellow tourist around the pools, we discovered that many regulars bring their pillows from home. We also learned toward the end of our stay that for an additional charge, you could upgrade your pillows. Although room towels are not plush or luxurious, they are useable. You should bring toiletries from home, as what is provided is of poor quality and only shampoo and body lotion, no conditioner. Once they are used, they are not replenished. Water pressure in showers is just okay. There is a bathtub in the master suite. Suites are very clean and turndown service is a nice touch, but we only received it one out of seven nights. There are no dishwashers in the suites and one washer and dryer in the building.

Shuttle service in general needs improvement. Getting into town from the hotel is a doable hike. Nighttime lighting is sufficient for the walk back, some areas not well lit. Shuttle service should be offered to the bottom of the hill. I don’t think anyone would mind paying a few dollars a person for this service, which would make getting into town much easier and faster. Shuttle service to their sister hotel – Playa Grande, stops at 8:00 pm.

There is a very small market on site. It has limited choices, and is expensive. During the hours it is opened, the same one person mans it. There isn’t any back-up coverage. If she has to leave for any reason, the store is locked up. If you ask when will she be back, you get a shoulder shrug and an “I don’t know”.

Cell phone service is real spotty (even with international service from your carrier). We asked about wi-fi and were told that is only available in the lobby. However, we found out that some guests were given a wi-fi code which also was spotty in the rooms, but worked by the pool.

Check out could be smoother. You are offered a cool glass of lemonade. There was a line and long wait for their shuttle service back to the airport (additional charge of $35.00/PP RT), which takes approximately 45 minutes. They squeeze as many people as possible into the shuttle.

We have been to Cabo several times and have stayed at different resorts. Like most resorts in Cabo, Grand Solmar is lovely. What is has over some of the other resorts are stunning views, nothing more.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank panter
mil081, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Dear guest from New York, we thank you for sharing another perspective as this help us to strive for Excellency.
Our friendly staff is committed to exceed our guests and owners expectations.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

Can't think of one negative thing to say. Out of 7 resorts I've tried in Cabo, this one is hands down the best. Waves crash right in front of the infinity pools and everything is new, modern, and immaculate. Rooms are huge and luxerious. Staff is the best I've encountered in Cabo. Especially Emmanuel "Manny" who could give lessons to others in customer service. Grand Solmar is a perfect resort for couples and families who want to be close to the action, but not bothered constantly by the vendors on Medano Beach. I can't wait to stay there again!

For comparison purposes, here's where I've stayed:

Riu Palace - 6 out of 10 - rooms were nice and the resort is massive. Food and drinks were lousy and the location was off the beaten path. Missed out on all the great restaurants and bars in Cabo.
ME Cabo - 7 out of 10 - would recommend for partiers in their 20s and 30s. Not recommended for couples or families
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - 9 out of 10 - awesome resort. Only drawback is the location.
Playa Grande - 8 out of 10 - good resort and decent location.
Casa Dorada - 9 out of 10 - awesome resort in the best location on Medano Beach.
Cabo Villas - 5 out of 10 - outdated rooms, and layout is poor
Grand Solmar - 10 out of 10 - best resort I've tried in Cabo. Simply amazing!

Room Tip: I doubt there's a bad room in this entire resort.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank chip68116
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Dear Chip, we are glad you had such a great experience while staying with us.
Thank you and please come back soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Last time I reviewed Grand Solmar (GS) I mentioned an issue with the water pressure and they do monitor posts and responded they would fix it. My wife and I went back and it was fixed. We decided we wanted to accelerate a week on our time share. When I asked for the acceleartion I was originally told that when I upgraded to a fixed week, I lost my acceleration rights. That was not consistent with what the sales person and I discussed when I upgraded, so I was upset as I am 55 and did factor in acceleration into my decision to even buy a time share. They did give me the week under a "developer week" and told me I would have to meet with a sales person to rectify the situation. To my surprise a few weeks later, I recieved a call from the sales department and they proactively contacted me to tell me that my situation had been turned over to them and that they would grant me my acceleration rights. What a relief. By the way, the staff at GS are great, the location is unique. My wife and I have been to many high-end resorts and restaurants and I have to tell you, sitting in La Roca, is one of the most beautiful, romantic, and magnificent places one could have a meal. Oh, and the food is good too. Place is still under construction so that does hamper day-time noise levels but once that is completed, it will be even better.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 460Bill
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Dear Bill, we thank you very much and are thrilled you had a great relaxing vacation.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

I can not say enough good about the Grand Solmar. The staff is unbelievable. My family and I were treated like royalty. In particular I would like to mention Alonso,Lourdes,Freddy,and Renzo in the LaRoca,Angelina and Ana at the front desk and Victor at the pool,and the wonderful bartender,Eben, at the bar. The only bad part was having to leave to go home Can not wait to go back! The food was excellant,and the staff and chefs bent over backwards to give us basically anything we wanted.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Dear Babs, we are thrilled you had so much fun during your stay within Grand Solmar.
Our cordial staff, do have always our clients best interests in their minds.
We all wish a happy return.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

What really makes a resort special? For me, it is mostly atmosphere. Not only was the Grand Solmar beautiful, which I can't see anyone attesting, but the atmosphere was amazing. The first thing you notice is how friendly the staff are. They constantly were taking care of us and engaging with us making sure that our stay was a great one. No where else was this more apparent than with our Las Olas pool bar waiter David Ojeda. Since our room was on the first floor right next to the pool, David gave us constant care and attention. He was constantly checking in with us to see how our day was or if we needed anything. By the end of our trip it was difficult to say goodbye to him because he had become like family. This to me made our experience. There are many beautiful resorts to stay at in the Cabo area but being at a resort where the staff is happy to help you and enjoys their job really makes for a wonderful atmosphere. I will definitely return!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anna D
Jean_Louis_Magron, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

It is a beautiful place indeed, so we want to contribute pampering our guests and owners to make this place a bit better.
Big hugs,