“Timeshare rental thru RCI”

Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #24 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Great vaca... this resort is very secluded from the rest of Cabo. It overlooks the pacific ocean. But PBSB offers free shuttles to their other 2 resorts right in town. It was great for our first visit to Cabo, but we also added an extra night to a sister resort in town. The food here was FANTASTIC. Some of the best I've had. The resort sits on a very steep hill, so views abound. You either get a great workout walking the resort, or wait for these large golf carts to come pick you up and take you around. The one disadvantage of this resort is no grocery stores close by, so you have to take a cab in to town to buy food. The small grocery on site is very expensive. The staff was very friendly.. and I give a shout out to Rene, Zoar and Alma, our housekeeper.

ONE BIG NEGATIVE: someone stole our credit card number in Cabo, and managed to get away with nearly $1700 in charges! Thank God, the cc company ate the charges. It is possible the theft happened thru the hotel, b/c the idiot tried to purchase vacation insurance, and I received a notice in the mail - meaning whomever stole the number, also had OUR HOME ADDRESS. Well, store merchants don't have your home address! So... there is no way to prove where it happened, but the hotel (either Sunset beach or their sister resort, Blanco) are possible suspects!!!! But the cc company told us it could have happened anywhere.... If you encounter someone with the surname Uribe, stear clear!!! (we are guessing it was the Blanco resort - the front desk staff was NOT friendly, and very "stuffy"), but Sunset Beach was awesome!!!

Room Tip: We got a really crappy room first round (thanks RCI)..but the front desk guy (Zoar?) was soooo wonde...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 June 2012

We arrived in Cabos San Lucas International airport around 11:30am. went through the necessay security routine which was fast and painless. Upon entering the passage to exist the terminal, we were hounded by some people who said they're our transportation to the resort...not so,but very convincing. Our travel arrangement was through the resort. The company is called Cape Travel. Folks, if you make arrangement for transportation to the resort, make sure you check their ID's carefully and when we were there they were standing outside of the terminal. there were about 5 guys wearing sky blue shirts standing and holding signs.

We arrived at PBSB within 45mins. everything went like clock work. Check in went smoothly and fast. Our room was ready even though check in time is 4:00pm. It was 1:00pm when we checked in...not bad.

No doubt this is a beautiful resort and huge..spread out very nicely with beautifully lush manicured grounds. We saw peacocks,cockatoos and flamingos...nice touch. We stayed in building 24 up on the hill next to the sky pool. Our suite was very nice with a kitchenette. There's a microwave,refigerator,stove,plates,utinsels,cups and dishwash. The view was absolutely breathtaking. Looking out on the patio, you can see a long stretch of the pacific ocean which is not swimmable.

I think there are around 6 or 7 pools. There's a pool for everyone. A quiet pool, activity pool,adult pool,and a children's pool. The sky pool,(from my observation) is mostly occupied by 20 to 40yrs old and few older people I saw.. Lots of drinking and craziness (in a good way). Pools are beautiful with bath warm water. Poolside waiters are pleasant and they come around frequently to take orders. Food is delicious and the drinks are, umm, watered down but good.

We purchased the all inclusive meal plan. I personally don't think its worth buying. There're 2 restaurants to dine in using the all inclusive. The Bistro and La nao. La nao serve buffet meals both breakfast and dinner with a theme night every night. For example, there's a argentina mexican,italian, and asian night. Bistro on the other hand, serve contintental breakfast and al la cart for lunch and dinner. The food is quite good at Bistro. There are many restaurant to choose from out side of the resort that's equally delicious and reasonably priced.

There's a shuttle bus that can take you to the sister resorts, Rose and Blanco. The shuttle runs every hour and you need a ticket to get on.

Come and visit this magnificent resort. Its classy and elegant all around!

Room Tip: Every room has a good view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank lonetraveller2
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Nice place with good service. Chose a room near the lobby so I could leave with ease and not have to ride to many golf carts around. Hope they get wifi that is free in your room and around the resort near the pools. It is a bit out of the way from town but not too far away. I would stay here again!

J King
Tacoma. WA

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Jeff K
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I know that everyone has a right to their opinion but the review from Nicolas L. "Unless you want to risk your vacation don't stay at Pueblo Bonito Sunset" was bind blowing to me. We stayed at the Pueblo Bonito in May and again Oct. 2011.. We are going back again in Sept.2012 and again in Feb. 2013. Needless to say we love this place !! I wondered if he stayed at the same place I have been and can't wait to go back to? P.B. Sunset Beach is to me one of the most relaxing beautiful places I have been to. My husband and I vacation a lot. We have been to many places around the world. At Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach, I have found them to have kind hard working staff, beautiful well kept grounds, nicely appointed villas, amazing pools, great food at the restaurants and the best "dirty monkeys" ( cocktails ) I have ever tasted !!! The cart drivers HAVE NEVER LEFT US IN THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE!!! They are amazing drivers and can maneuver those carts like nobodies business!! We call and they are there sometime beating us to the pick up spot. They have always taken us to where we want to go. We do not speak spanish and we have never had trouble with any language barrier. With exception to alot of the maids most of the staff knows and speaks english.
We have always had really good food at the reataurants. Every restaurant has their moments of imperfection, but I I wouldn't down grade the whole resort because of one smelly fish that Mr Nicolas L. was so upset about. I can't wait for September , I might even try the sea bass !!

Room Tip: Every room has a beautiful ocean view.....
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank anicegirl
Reviewed 22 June 2012

My family and I visited this resort May 15, 2012. It was beautiful! We actually ended up buying a timeshare and are planning to return very soon. The ambiance, to me, was like wealthy old Mexico with a little Spanish undertones. I couldn't help but feel I was walking through a castle at some points. Every room has a great view. And the chicken mole was AMAZING! I've never had mole that tasted so good. Hands down, best chicken mole of my life. I recommend a visit. :-)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family