“Best restaurant yet! Beyond what we expected.”

Madeira Restaurant Bistro
Ranked #36 of 709 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We were in Cabo a couple weeks back and wanted to try this restaurant but they didn't open until 4 and it did not fit in our schedule. This time we made it part of our schedule.
What a fabulous restaurant!! Bravo for the hospitality, friendliness, enthusiasm showed by the employees. Impressive!
We arrived around 7 and were seated immediately as we were the only customers. We choose seating by the windows and slightly away from a brick oven where the cooking was done. (Could feel heat from oven) There are A/C units above these windows seats. (The wi-fi in this restaurant runs at 7-10 megabits)
We ordered some cocktails and a bottle of wine as we checked the menu. TA reviews talk mostly about the all meat order and that was way more then they could eat. So we were going to try something more manageable.
After thoroughly going through the menu and discussions amongst us we each ordered the Rodizio. So much for something more manageable. The Rodizio is the meat marathon. And it was fabulous!
We had never been to something quite like that. All cooked in the open fire pit on skewers. Brought to your table that way, carved off the skewer and you assisting, guiding it to your plate with small tongs. We asked for medium rare and that's how it arrived.
While your meat is being prepared you are brought out bread, sauces, chicken wings, yams, bacon wrapped turkey, and several very tasty relishes.
Soon the chef arrives with the skewer from the oven. The first was a flank steak which is gently carved at your table. And it was then I lost count. Not sure of the order they arrived but as you can see from my posted menu photo there is rib eye, lamb, sausages, shish kebab, top sirloin, (guilt comes in at this point as passerby stare in through the windows), but not sure we got the BBQ ribs. I was getting woozy and a little light headed by then. Maybe like that last camp before the peak ascent.
We split a key lime pie (just a slice not whole pie) that was store bought but tasted similar to a Key West pie.
Thoroughly satisfied we were ready to move on to another challenge and received our bill. Our bill was not cheap by Mexico standards but certainly was by US standards.
When we have the time on our next return we will come here again. And I hope it will be the same. It was beyond what we expected.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 26 June 2017

So it was 10 pm and the restaurant we were looking for was closed so we just happened upon this place. Even though they were in the process of closing, the invited us in an fired up the ovens. I thought they would just throw something together but we got the entire royal treatment. Once the meat started coming, the five of us could not keep up. Not only was the meat delicious but also the salads and sides. This place is worth giving a shot, I will return for sure.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 6 June 2017

I highly recommend Madeira to anyone who wants to experience an amazing Brazilian Churasco experience. Celebrated my husband's birthday dinner there while on vacation in Cabo and the meat selections were amazing as always!!! The staff is wonderful and the location is perfect. Just steps from Cabo Wabo and the Marina.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

This place was great! The food was amazing, the staff were so nice and attentive, and it was an easy walk from our hotel. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you want some top quality food/service and a special dining experience.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

During a hectic vacation it is nice to sit down at a cozy place with friendly staff and good food. A good place to go as a couple or with friends. Guillermo (I think that is his name) made some excellent wine suggestions. The meat was brought hot just as you were finishing your last selection. My favorite was the flank steak, shishkebab, turkey and PINEAPPLE. I think I requested pineapple 3 times.