“Well Worth the Money!”

Ranked #31 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Minneapolis, MN
“Well Worth the Money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

The Riu Palace was a great vacation expience. Last year my wife and I stayed there with two other couple and had a blast! The food was very good, I would recommend the sushi and Itailan resturant. The rooms were very clean with everything you needed to make your stay comfotable. The swim up bars were terrific, and kept all of us full of fun for our entire trip. The staff at he Riu was very accomindating and saw that everything we asked for was taken care of. There is so much to do in Cabo, and I recommend spending a day in the harbor.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank masonryrestoration

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,576)
  • Polish first
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

The staff and customer service here is second to none. You are safe at all times. The staff makes sure of that by calling taxi's for you (which take less than a minute to get to you) and gets you in the place you need to be at any time. They are always around for all your needs. The rooms are cleaned and mopped daily, you get nightly turn down service. The kitchens are clean and the food is exceptional! Even the room service is great compared to other places.

Room Tip: We left a little something everday because we appreciated the service, but it didn't give us any...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Melanie B
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

Loved this place, always felt safe. It was nice to be able to go to the Santa Fe too!! FYI the gym there is MUCH better. I read a lot about theft from the rooms, so I always used the safe. The one strange thing I found about this place..tips didn't seem to help with service.

We took a water taxi to the town.... The Riu Palace looked like the best place to stay! I would highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VancouverOmar
Corunna, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

My husband and I stayed in this place from Feb 23 - Mar.1, 2012. We have been to Mexico in Nuevo Vallarta a while ago, but never a Riu Palace. I was reluctant at first to even go to Mexico again (because of all the stuff happening there) but I thought I would try "The Palace" because of reading about it in the brochures. I must say, I was shockingly surprised at this resort. Everything in the brochure was as it was. It was as stunningly beautiful as the pictures show it to be, and I felt very secure and safe at this resort. There is nothing bad that I can say about this resort. The Entertainment was just incredible and top notch for a resort (and better than some I have seen at a Broadway theater..lol). The service was incredible and I felt like I was a queen. They treated my husband and I like royalty, and not to mention the food!!!!! If you don't like anything that they have to offer you, then you do not have taste buds!!!! They offer you anything from pizza/hamburgers/fries to good old Mexican food! We tried it all and loved it all! I am a wine lover (don't like too many mixed type drinks). Their red Merlot is pretty good, but you can't order a bottle up to your room. (Never sure why, lost in translation...lol). However, my husband ordered 5 glasses of wine, and that was o.k. So just for you wine lovers out there, you have to order room service by the glass (but they bring up what you want), just not the bottle...lmao! The pools were heated....the activity pool was about 4'C warmer, but both were amazing and warm. I loved the hot days and cool nights (jacket/shawl weather at night). It didn't rain, and apparently only rains there 2 or 3 days/year, not sure if that's true, but what we told. We had an ocean view room and on the 3rd floor facing east...very quiet after 7 p.m. and loved to unwind there with the mini bar/glasses of wine...lmao! I really enjoyed my experience here and would back to this resort in a heartbeat. There was always maintenance being done to upkeep it, everyone was friendly, and it was clean. I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Sharri C
Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

WE booked through Sun Country pkg, all inclusive hotel. We have been on many vacations but , this was the most amazing place I've ever stayed at.Very huge hotel, two pools, activity pool & quiet pool 2 swim up bar pools. the hotel was very clean, matter of fact, they were cleaning every day, everywhere, there"re gonna wear it out by cleaning. a good thing.We had a junior suite, ocean view, very nice . the bed was alittle hard , & asked for a mattress topper. which they did not have, so they put layers of blankets on, very comfortable.the staff was very friendly, every where. dressed & groomed very neat.we went on 2 tours, Morning glory tour, snorkling & shopping, our tour guide was Akine, very hepful & funny. would request him again.( Tours R Fun) Food , buffetts were very good, & restaurants very good too. Plenty of staff there to please you! Very friendly! went parasailing, very smooth, we saw whales while parasailing, added plus.Everyone was very friendly, will be back next year!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
6.0 km away
Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar
26.6 km away
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All...
#16 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,211 reviews

Been to Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas? Share your experiences!