Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$448
US$382
Bookit.com
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$229
JW Marriott
  • Pool
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$77
Cabo Azul Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$207
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$286
US$263
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Marisol Boutique Hotel(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$59
One & Only Palmilla(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$947
US$610
Grand Velas Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
US$1,080
US$910
Bookit.com
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$620
US$558
All reviewsocean restaurantpool butlercancun locationpool staffasian restaurantdiamond conciergefloor butlersbutler servicehydrotherapy areasinfinity poollos cabospunch listpublic relationspalace elitefour hand massageambience musiceighth floor
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Let me first write about the positives. The pool staff and the restaurant staff at the resort were phenomenal. They were very polite and helpful, really took care of the customers. The resort is expansive with plenty of pool chairs so there is no need to "reserve" a chair in the morning. The view from the infinity pool and the ocean restaurant are amazing. There are no less than 5 restaurants to suit all tastes. While the food is not amazing, its above average overall. But don't expect to blown away. The spa environment was also very serene and relaxing.

Now for the negatives. For a 5 star luxury resort that charges over 950 dollars per night. I can't help but felt like there is a bait and switch with their resort credit concept. You can use the credit for tours, spa, and "premium" resort wines. However, bare in mind you are still liable for a 16% tax for all services and wine. Our problem first started when we wanted to book a sunset sailing tour with resort credit. The tour is available MWF. but sorry; they say its completely booked up when we arrived. BUT you can pay out of pocket if you want to go tues or thur. WTH? They say a big group just arrived and booked all the sailing tour. Bare in mind, the resort was not even half full! So what they are saying is availability is EXTREMELY limited and you better book in advance or you wont get to use your resort credit!. So to summarize, you can use resort credit for MWF but you have to pay cash if you go TTH. I am completely baffled by that reasoning. Most people come to cabo for less than a week. they don't have time to wait for availability to open up the following week. Management attempted to remedy the situation by offering a 15% discount(after some haggling) for the out of pocket TTH tour. But, we declined based on principle. The rest of the tours that are offered seem to be throw away tours that most people aren't even interested in doing. I mean they don't even offer whale tours during whale season.

Second problem. So called "premium" resort wines you can use credit for. I attached a copy of the list. The pricing of these wines are outrageous. For example, a bottle of red menage a trois wine which costs less than 15 dollar at a grocery store, is charged 162USD at the resort! Just by paying the tax alone, you are covering the cost of the wine. The house wine that is inclusive at the resort is some cheap 10 dollar wine from Chile. Come on! you market yourself to be a 5 star luxury resort. You gotta do better than that!

Third problem. Using resort credit for spa/massage. As you can see from the attached photo. You cannot use resort for every massage that is available, notably the most popular ones. We ended up getting two aroma essence massages. The first one was bad. But the second one from masseuses Keyla and Fetida were excellent! So the massage experiences needs to be more consistent. Keep in mind, the prices for the massages are artificially inflated and you still have to pay 16% tax on it.

Fourth problem. Management. No one seems to be in charge and know whats going on. If we didn't do research about the resort beforehand, we would not have known about the resort credit and what it can be used for. I also didn't see the benefit of having a butler. To reach him or her, we had to call the front desk and then have them try to find him/her to get back to us. Whats the point then?

The whole resort credit fiasco really left a bad taste for us. This was the first time we tried an all -inclusive and its not the right thing for us. Sadly, I can't recommend this resort and wont return.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank dandan76
GM_At_HotelZone, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear dandan76,

Thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort Los Cabos. We sincerely regret to know your expectations were not met. Your satisfaction is our most important goal at all times.

We are always eager to learn about our guest's experience. We would be grateful if you could share further details about your stay with us through private message. We would be happy to provide a proper follow-up and learn how to serve you better.

Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 31 March 2018

First of all I want to state that I am not a travel agent. I own and operate quick service restaurants. I am writing this from my 6th floor balcony as I look out and listen to waves crashing on to the shore.I will add to this review when I get back home to Houston. Here is what I have to share so far during my first 3 days.

Likes:
1. Great staff,especially Daniel, the manager of the Oceans restaurant. I watched him train his staff every morning while I drank my latte in the Oceans Restaurant. As a restaurantuer, it is nice to see others being trained and know what good looks like.
2. The butlers/ wait staff at the pool were constantly checking in on us to make sure we were not in need of anything!
3. Pool area staff always knew what we liked after our first visit. Gregorio is fantastic. A big shout out to him.
4. Something new and unique at this hotel is the coffee and desert bar where you can get a latte, home made icecream, patries in the morning and cookies at night. They even make crepes! I wish the Le Blanc offered this in Cancun. Nice surprise.
5. Paulina is an assistant to Fabian, our concierge. She worked during the evening and we really loved her can do attitude, her smile and hope she becomes a conierge soon.
6. Talking about concierge, Fabian took great care of us. He is still learning and needs to make decisions on the spot instead of checking in with someone else as opposed to Roger, the concierge at Le Blanc in Cancun. Your guests want answers right away especially your members. I know that he will get better with more practice, Some decisions may cost the hotel a little money but you have been given this position for a reason.
7. I loved the 4th floor fire places right below the lobby. You can go there on a cool night, order a drink from the bar, sit down in a rocking chair and sofa near the fire as you listen the waves crash. You can also walk out from the lobby and sit on the many sofas too as you look over the many pools and manicured landscape.
8. During the whale migration season, just look out 200 yards into the ocean and you may see a humpback jump out of the water. Early in the morning is a great time to whale watch.
9. We felt very safe at the hotel. We even ventured to the San Lucas to shop and walk around the marina.
10. Our floor butler, Ceaser took care of us. He constantly asked us if we needed anything every time we saw him.
11. The SPA is to die for! Much larger then the Le Blanc in Cancun. A big shout out to Daniella who moved fron Cancun to Cabo with Palace. She gave a great massage. Their massage beds are wider then I have ever been on. They also have a large pool, a large dry, wet sauna, and cold room. They even have a very cold spa too.Go through the sauna protocal and I have to admit it was quite refreshing.
12. The Asian restaurant was really good. They even prepared some off menu requests from us.
13. The rooms are much larger then then the Le Blanc in Cancun. These rooms did not have a jacuzzi is fine by me. The shower was large and the toilet was seperated and away from the vanity area. They even had a seperate bathtub for those who don't like showers. Kudos on the room Le Blanc.
14. The room and nightly turndown attendents did a great job everday. We can't forget about these important ladies.
15. Fantastic pools, many many recliners and loved the built in pool bars!

Improvements
1. Nothing that training will not cure. Keep training your wait staff in the restaurants.This is the area that needs attention. The Italian restaurant did not do very well on our first visit. The restaurant manager should have been visiting guest tables. It was taking too long to recieve our order. They did have 3 large tables of guests, 14, 8 and our 10 guests. It was quite obvious that the kitchen needed help. Our waiter told us that he just started. I have to give our waiter kudos for apologizing for he realized that there were issues.
2. The hotel has been opened a short time. They obviously have a construction punch list that needs attention sooner rather then later.
3. To all leadership that come in contact with your guest's, don't be afraid to make decisons. This is why you were placed in your position.

The restaurant will improve with training. Remember that training is in the beginning, in the middle and at the end. The Le Blanc in Cancun will be closing for remodeling soon. Get these people trained for I suspect may members will be coming to Cabo and will expect the service that Le Blanc is known for.

We have 3 more days before we leave. I will updaate this when I return home.

More to come. . .

I am back home and have had some time to reflect back on my visit. I originally gave 4 stars but I deleted t\my original post and changed it to 5 stars.
We did go back for to eat at the Italian restaurant and the service was much better. In fact all the restarants got much better taking care of their guest's. In my opinion, it was because they were able to practice everyday.
As to the punch list, they started to work quietly on these issues starting on day 5 of our visit. Many workers were fixing the items that needed attention.

As we checked out on Wednesday morning, we met Rene, the GM of the hotel. He was very kind and thanked us for coming. He told me that he reads every review that the hotel recieves. He even personally answers them.
As my friends and I spent our last full day at the pool, we talked about when we were coming back to Le Blanc.
We hope to return before October.

So do I recommend this hotel? HECK YES!!!!

Thank you Rene and your Le Blanc staff.

P.S. Rene, what is the weather like in June, July, August and September?

Room Tip: All rooms are great! Loved the balconies where you can sit outside and enjoy the serenity.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NJC20142014
GM_At_HotelZone, General Manager at Le Blanc Spa Resort Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear NJC20142014,

I am very happy to know you enjoyed such incredible time during your stay at Le Blanc Spa Resort Los Cabos.

It was a pleasure to meet you, and once again, thank you so much for your visit. Indeed, I read all of the comments we receive and do my best to reply personally to each one. I am also grateful to know you decided to grant us the last star, we are constantly improving and will be happy to surpass all of your expectations once again soon, hopefully, in October.

The weather here does not vary that much, in fact, there are only from 5 to 7 rainy days per year here.

Once again, thank you so much for your kind feedback and for your confidence, we look forward to your next visit. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I was lucky enough to select the new Le Blanc Los Cabos as the place to celebrate my BIG birthday. This new resort has been open only a few weeks, but you would never know it from the professionalism of the staff. They are all amazing. The level of service is unparalleled. Wait staff in the restaurants know their menus inside and out, and can tell you everything about the dishes. The pool staff cannot pamper you enough. It is a lovely property, in a great location providing a luxury experience!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask the room butler to unpack for you! My clothes have never looked so nicely laid out in the drawers and closet!
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank 372wendy
GM_At_HotelZone, General Manager at Le Blanc Spa Resort Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear 372wendy,

We were lucky enough to have you as our patron and provide the service, meals, and venues you expect and deserve. Thank you so much for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort Los Cabos. I am pleased to know you enjoyed all of the aspects of our property and received an excellent service from all of our collaborators. We sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Hopefully, we will be honored with your visit once again in a not so distant future. We are eager to create more Le Blanc memories, please come back soon!

All the best,

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We stayed at LeBlanc in Cancun as well and they are both fabulous resorts! The Cabo San Lucas resort was brand new, great service, fabulous spa, unbelievable beach views and we would see whales everyday!

Room Tip: We had a honeymoon suite with butler service... WOW!
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Billkolovani
GM_At_HotelZone, General Manager at Le Blanc Spa Resort Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear Billkolovani,

It is with great pride I receive your kind comments and learn about your astonishing experience at Le Blanc Spa Resort Los Cabos. I am also pleased to know you found our services and quality up to your expectations, having as background your previous stay in our sister property in Cancun.

Thank you so much for choosing us and also for sharing your kind comments with us. We shall keep improving and look forward to your next visit. Please come back soon!

Cordially,

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Great view outstanding service excellent food highly recommended! Did the sunset sail which was absolutely beautiful, whale watching and we saw humpbacks and blue whales, sea lions and sea turtles, the 4 wheel arc was great fun, lots of dust however

Room Tip: We had excellent view of ocean at outer building 4th floor
Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank jconn2018

Dear jconn2018,

Your review definitely lets clear you had an incredible time during your stay at Le Blanc Spa Resort Los Cabos! Thank you so much for choosing us and giving us the chance to host you. I am happy to know you found the service and experience you were looking for. Your satisfaction is the most important for us and I am pleased to know it was successfully accomplished.

Thank you for writing your review, we sincerely appreciate it and hope to welcome you back again soon.

All the best,