All reviews our honeymoon infinity hot tub ocean front main restaurant minute massage pool bar master suite relaxing vacation oceanfront room food and drinks main pool guacamole crashing waves bottled water rented a car time share turn down service
Reviewed 18 May 2018

I had a great experience, I have stayed at other places in Cabo and this is my favorite. The staff is very friendly and attentive, food is great. The rooms and grounds are very clean and beautiful and people work very hard keeping them like that. Place and rooms are better in person than in pictures. The spa is gorgeous! Right by the beach, it feels more like a boutique hotel very quiet, I love it. I'll be back. I didn't have an issue with any of the timeshare people, one can always say that we're not interested and move on. Thank you to all at Casa del Mar that made me feel welcome each day. Especially Marco, Jose and Tania.

Room Tip: My room had the best view! It is a small hotel/hacienda so I think every room has a view
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Raul H, Guest Services Manager at Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Hola,

Thank you very much for the amazing review, we are commited to give the best experience and create the most memorable moments to all our guests, your words motivate us to keep doing our job with passion and dedication. We appreciate your kind words and we will make sure to congratulate Marco, Jose and Tania for their amazing job.

We hope to hear from you soon, our best regards.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

I wouldn’t call this a hotel, it’s an intimate resort for people that want to relax and soak in the ocean views. It’s a very peaceful place and not like the party places in other Cabo resorts. The staff was fantastic, room was amazing and we can’t say enough about how enjoyable they made our trip. The resort is a mix of vacationers, timeshare holders and permanent residents. It feels almost like a home. Yes, you will be asked if you’re interested in a timeshare presentation (for a bag full of goodies like free golf, free car rental, spa treatment, etc.) but you’re not required to do this. We initially declined and then decided to do it so we could golf for free. It was actually a well done, one on one presentation, and I hate to admit it, but they actually have a few options including a non-timeshare one that are pretty tempting. Regardless, some of the previous reviewers acted like the staff is constantly badgering people and that is not the case at all. After the initial introduction, they never bothered us again. The grounds are perfect and the staff is extremely helpful with setting up off site activities. We met multiple people from the USA that permanently live at Casa Del Mar in the condos and absolutely rave about it. It’s a short drive to everything and the golf that’s just next door is top notch. Save some money for the rest of your trip and take advantage of this awesome value.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Joey M
ana m, General Manager at Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Hola,

Thank you for your excellent review, we at Casa del Mar are very proud of our resort and we strive to make everyone feel at home.

On behalf of my staff and myself thank you.

Best Regards

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

We came here to enjoy a golf resort. We got hit up with timeshare ownership (they have it down). They promise you the moon. We bit, but cancelled 3 days later. Our deposit was to be returned within 15 days. It’s been over a MONTH! I will keep posting bad reviews when the run around stops and we get our money back. This is fraud.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Selder23

Hola,

Please accept my apologies for your inconveniences.

I will personally look into this.

This is not the way Casa del Mar wants to go.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We've been coming here for the past six years. There's a new positioning message each time. I'd like to think excellence can be restored as I've written in previous reviews, but ownership here needs to do better.

There are many pluses. The hotel shares impeccably landscaped grounds and pools with private condominiums and a couple of timeshared buildings. It looks beautiful and the views and location can't be beat. The housekeeping folks and waitstaff are great. The food is vastly improved. The spa is very nice. The management team seems to be upping its game within reported budget constraints. However, some suites which double as timeshare units are getting very tired. Certain appliances do not work.

The owners seem to be focusing on further development of the property with talk of another hotel/timeshare combination building and timesharing the existing hotel rooms. It's more than talk. Timeshare and vacation club salespeople populate the hotel lobby and aggressively pursue hotel guests. My family refers to them as the "seagulls". Nice way to devalue the experience! They also circle the owner's golf courses. Beware.

It's not clear if ownership wants a high end boutique property in keeping with its neighbors or if it wants a low cost alternative to the neighbors and to hard-sell its guests on other things. It would be good to know before booking here. The other good thing to know is don't pay "rack rates". Everything is negotiable.

Room Tip: Most rooms are good. Avoid the timeshare buildings. Everything is negotiable. Don't pay rack rates.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Bentley76

Hola,

Casa del Mar is looking to be better everyday, alot of improvements have been made and will continue on doing so.

Thank you for your feedback, it gives me the knowledge of what areas we can improve.

Best regards

Reviewed 31 March 2018

My wife and I have stayed at Casa Del Mar (previously Zoetry) several times over the past 6 years, so my review is based on previous experiences. This development has taken a huge nose dive over the past few stays successively.
To be clear- the room has always been terrific. From the first time we stayed here 6 years ago until now (sitting in my room typing) it has always been great! 4* minimum. However, the grounds, staff, residents, food, etc have all gone down hill FAST. I have my own theories how this has come to pass, but the main reason has to be time share options on the grounds. The residents here VRBO and AIRbnb their property and I understand why. The problem is the price is set so low at times the company it attracts are less than desirable. We are here this week (March 25-April 2) and the people here are, for lack of better term, BRUTAL. I realize its spring break for a lot of folks around the states, but children here outnumber adults 2:1. Further, the staff wants no part in dealing with pool behavior or otherwise. My wife and I like to sit in the "quiet area" which has turned in to a VERY non quiet area.
As mentioned, I understand it's spring break- I get it, but the truth of it is that the folks that are here with their children doesn't indicate a 4 or 5 star resort. It's a Sandals or a Dreams at best.
The staff doesn't seem to care about anything at all. It's like they're all here just to take orders. If they get it to you GREAT... if not we'll try yo do better next time. Key word- TRY.
When I first stayed here when it was Zoetry the grounds were immaculate, staff was professional, the pool was revered. Now... it's a damn Sandals resort. I held my review from the last time we stayed here in 2016 because I thought it was a "one off" experience. Well folks... it wasn't. This "resort" is a far cry from the Zoetry days. There is no "adult only" area, and the adult pool that use to be near the sea is now concrete.
My advice- if you're looking for a Dreams or "one notch above Sandals" experience this is your place. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

Stayed: March 2018
4  Thank Brad P

Hola,

Thank you for your feedback, will get to work on the issues you mention.