Posada Real Los Cabos
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mar Adentro(San Jose del Cabo)
View Hotel
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
  • Breakfast included
Royal Solaris Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
  • Pool
Royal Decameron Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
  • Breakfast included
Cabo Azul Resort(San Jose del Cabo)
View Hotel
Park Royal Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
  • Pool
Marisol Boutique Hotel(San Jose del Cabo)
View Hotel
Hyatt Place Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
View Hotel
The Grand Mayan Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
  • Beachfront
1,345 results
All reviewscactus gardensan joseswim up barsmall resortlos cabosall inclusive packagean older hotelmexican familiestaco barbar closeslots of fresh fruittacospartial ocean viewstar resortmariachi bandmexican dishesbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2018

We recently stayed a week at Posada Real, and I'm glad this is the resort we chose. We wanted small and authentic, and that's exactly what we got.

Food: Breakfast was my favorite, but all meals were good. I'm fairly picky, but always found something on the buffet. The freshly made tortillas are to die for! Meals were usually refried beans, some sort of potato dish, soups, and lots of meat selections. There was always fresh fruit, and at lunch and dinner there would be salad choices as well. The snack bar at the pool is awesome. We usually had lunch there. The nachos and quesadillas were usual choices. My boyfriend ordered a cheeseburger once, but it was VERY undercooked. So be aware that if you order burgers, you need to specify "well done". This is my only negative for the entire week.

Rooms: We had partial ocean view, and those are the rooms facing the pool and courtyard area. Garden view rooms apparently are either bottom floor or on the outer 2 sides (so that you face the building next door). All rooms are angled toward the ocean, so have really good views. There is one dedicated outlet that is always on, but everything else is powered when you put your room key into the box on the wall. Great way for them to save power! Bed and pillows were very comfortable. Everything was clean. The balconies have flowers planted on each one, and they have 2 plastic chairs. Because of the way they're angled to maximize the views, they aren't completely private. You'll see about half of the one next to you.

Pool: It has a shallow area for kids separated by concrete columns that have a gap of about 4" between so that the water flows through from the main pool area. Swim up bar is awesome. Water is heated by solar panels on the roof, and they put a blanket on it nightly that looks like blue bubble wrap to keep it warm. There are lots of chairs, but most every one was being reserved by someone's towel. Not cool. It's against the policy, but they don't enforce that rule. So claim a chair early if you want one on the beach under the umbrellas. Waiters cater to your every need! Order food and drinks and never leave your chair. There is also a hot tub. It's a bit more shaded, which is nice during the afternoon sun.

Beach: Gorgeous, but it has a steep angle downward as you get close to the water. That makes it harder to walk in the waves, but not too bad. No swimming, but the water was really cold, so you wouldn't want to anyway. Sand is courser than I'm used to, and it definitely will exfoliate your feet! Beach was never crowded, and we walked about 2 miles in each direction. Waves are huge at times, and mesmerizing to watch. The estuary was gorgeous, so make a point to walk down there and see it. People will try to sell you souvenirs, but they aren't too pushy. Beware - they charge more than you'll pay in town. They aren't allowed into the resort's beach area unless you invite them, so that's nice. Views are awesome! Mountains on both sides.

The grounds and hotel itself: Both are impeccably well kept. Someone was watering the grass and plants every morning, and clipping any stray grass away from the concrete. The landscaping is truly immaculate. Someone was raking the sand on the beach every morning. I never saw a piece of trash anywhere on the grounds. This is an older hotel, but don't let that fool you. Nothing looks old. Paint is fresh, and we saw people with a bucket and roller almost every day touching up areas. You can tell that management puts a big focus on maintenance. Inside the hotel there is a little store where you can buy most anything from snacks to meds and souvenirs. Furniture in the lobby is plentiful and comfortable. They have nightly entertainment. Usually live music, but one night was karaoke.

Alcohol: You can order drinks at the pool from 11-6. The bar inside the lobby opens in the evenings until 11. I tried a little of most everything they offer and it was always good. Big bonus - some hotels offer coffee in the lobby. Posada has tequila! Each evening they put the jug out on the table with little cups so that you can serve yourself.

Staff: Best part of the trip! The people who say someone was rude were either rude and grumpy themselves, or they're just trying to get a refund or something. Those comments made zero sense to us. Every single person is friendly and outgoing. You'll get to know most of them by name, and many even learned our names. Their employees are truly top notch, and I've never been to an establishment where you could say this across the board without any exceptions. They all speak at least a bit of English, so communication was never a problem. The front desk staff all spoke excellent English, so again, I'm not sure why people say they had issues.

The guests: The average guests seem to be Canadian couples in their 60s, and many were repeats who come there often. This is not the place for spring break partiers. It's quiet and not at all rowdy.

The town: You are about 1.5 miles from the historic district downtown. Don't be afraid to walk it or to use the bus. We felt safe with both. The bus costs about $1 per person around town, and the one to Cabo San Lucus was about $2 per person. All 3 times that we used it we were impressed with how helpful people were without us even asking. They asked where we wanted to go and told us when we needed to get off. A man gave up his seat for me when there were none so that I didn't have to stand.

Don't let the google search results about violence in San Jose bother you much. We felt very safe, and were impressed by how welcoming everyone was. We did notice a large police presence, which was nice. I researched a lot, and the bottom line is that the murders are cartel related. No tourists. Stay in the touristy areas and don't buy drugs and you'll be just fine. Don't be afraid to venture out on foot or to take the bus. Just go and enjoy yourself like you would anywhere else and use common sense. Also, the hotel has security 24 hrs a day, and has a guard at the entrance checking everyone who enters.

In summary, I can't say enough good things about Posada and their staff, and I've never taken this much time to write a review!!

Room Tip: Partial ocean view rooms are the best value and scenery!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Jennifer P
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Jennifer P,

I have read carefully your review and I am very thankful with you. Thank you for taking your time to write down your experience.
You make me feel proud of being part of the great family of Posada Real Los Cabos.

I will share your review with all of our staff.

I hope to have you among us in your next visit to Los Cabos.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

My husband and I just got back from two weeks in this lovely resort. We have been going to Cabos for years and have always stayed in the big resorts. Well, what a nice treat to have stayed here !! Nice size and the staff is amazing !! Awesome place to just relax and enjoy yourselves.....and nicely located to reach anything you may want to do.

We plan to return and see why so many of the guests we spoke to come back year after year. You can now count us among them...we will be back :)

3  Thank rckharder
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Dear rckharder,

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your first stay with Posada Real Los Cabos.

I will be a pleasure to have you among us in your next visit.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Just returned from a 10 day stay at Posada Real. We had not been to Los Cabos before, and simply loved it. I cannot say enough about this resort! It's clean, friendly, very good food for a 3.5 star and the drinks are plentiful and strong :) The staff at the Posasada are the real treasure though from the Maids (thanks for taking such good care of us in our room Maria!) to the bartenders, wait staff in the restaurant, and the beach waiters. A special shout out to Salvador in the restaurant for the best Spanish coffee I've ever had- Ouele for the exceptional service in the restaurant- the hard working Bernardo on the beach, thanks bud!! Met so many people who had been coming for years to this resort and we could see why after day one. We will most definately be joining the ranks of the return visitors. Can't wait till next year :)

1  Thank debbob2015
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear debbob2015,
I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your first stay at Posada Real Los Cabos.

It will be a pleasure to have you among us, the next year.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Stayed for 8 days, beginning near end of Feb 2018 and have a fabulous time. The resort is older and smaller than others but that was also part of the fun as we got to meet some fellow travelers. Happy staff made us feel welcome and is a nice, safe place to stay.

Stayed: February 2018
2  Thank Ktown2020
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Dear Ktown2020,

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with Posada Real Los Cabos.

I really appreciate your comments.

Our staff and I, we hope to have you among us in your next visit to Los Cabos.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

The hotel is a nice size, dated but clean, comfortable and has everything you needed. I love the centre courtyard, well manicured and lit up at night. So easy to get around and find all the great people we met.
Benito and Saul were wonderful and took care of us on the beach and in the cactus restaurant.
The food was tasty and I liked the nightly themes. Breakfast omelettes by Martine were yummy.
Victor our West Jet rep was great too, available 24/7 not that we needed him much but he was there for you.
We met so many people that are regulars and I can see why. No hustle or bustle, no loud people, easy to find a place on the beach or pool to lay by.
Beautiful beach to take long walks on but sad couldnt swim there because of the riptides. Did see whales though! The Urbano was so easy to get around on into town square.
Thanks for a great first time to your quaint resort.

Room Tip: Partial ocean view was great, nice sun in the am on the balcony
1  Thank Melissa M
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Dear Melissa M,
I am pleased to know that you had a good time in your first visit to Posada Real Los Cabos.

I really appreciate your comments.

Our staff and I, we hope to have you among us in your next visit to our wonderful destination.