“French restaurant at the Hyatt Ziva”
Review of Bon Vivant

Bon Vivant
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Good quality food, minimalist portions but tasty. House wines passable, but the wine list was expensive. Great service from Alejandoro and Ruben

Reviewed 10 January 2017

Again, the service in all the restaurants at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is second to none. They check on you regularly, and will follow up promptly with any requests.
However, I found the food to be average for a high end French restaurant. My beef medallion was a little dry and tough. My son enjoyed his lamb chop, but he is a bit of a meat connoisseur, having tried different game meat, and he commented that it was good, but had better.
I did not finish my beef, and skipped on dessert, but was told that I should have tried their creme brule.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

We dined here on our second evening at the resort over the Christmas holiday. We were quite astonished and confused as to the high reviews this place received including the best restaurant at the resort because it was anything but ...

The lobster bisque was too fishy and had only 1 small sliver of artificial lobster floating on the top of the starter. This was so bad, we had it go back, and the waitress offered the French onion soup as a consolation. It was no consolation, as the rancid taste could not leave our tongue. The fish stock probably used tasted like scrapings from the fishing docks. Yes it was horrible. Thus, the rest of the meal was met with hesitation and disappointment. The wait staff did try to make it better ... so 1 star goes to effort. The upside is, and its the only upside, this is an adults only restaurant. And, we are astonished by the high reviews because this didn't seem like it was an "off" day. The quality of the food should always be 5-starts, and though each individual has different palates, poor quality of food and preparation needs attention to the executives because this is far from French standards.

Reviewed 30 December 2016

The French Restaurant staff were so attentive, super friendly and professional. And the food was cooked perfectly – like melt in your mouth perfect. We had the catch of the day (red snapper) and the Vegetarian dish and the chocolate lava cake - all of which were by far our favorite food while we were here. The French Restaurant would get 5 stars if we were reviewing that alone. Jorge, our server, was amazing and clearly loves his job and made the experience delightful.

Reviewed 27 December 2016

We felt rushed during this meal and the server never brought me my refill of my drink. The onion soup was pretty good and the lava cake was delicioud, but the beef tenderloin was the chewiest thing I have ever put in my mouth and the saffron rice side to my wifes dish tasted like the cardboard box it came out of. The main courses were absolutely deplorable by french standards. I would skip this one.