Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$65
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$473
US$410
Cabo Azul Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$488
US$165
Hotels.com
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$191
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$675
Marisol Boutique Hotel(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$59
One&Only Palmilla(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$693
US$591
Cancelon
Grand Velas Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
US$1,080
US$913
Bookit.com
Le Blanc Spa Resort Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$969
Bookit.com
All reviewsgriffin clubcafe des artistesthe salt water poollos cabossan joselobster tacosadult poolplatinum statussignature restaurantflora farmsbeautiful propertyocean facingrooftop barbreakfast buffetprivate poolminute driverented a car
Reviewed 23 May 2018

Just me and my girlfriend went a few weeks back and had the best time! Very relaxing and the place was stunning!! Our server both for breakfast and poolside was Jesus Aguilar. He was amazing!! So polite and on top of everything. Always asking if you needed anything else, how everything was and so on. He would stop to talk to us and he answered all our questions we had about the hotel or the surrounding area. I can't say enough about Jesus! Emma was also our waitress at breakfast a few days and she always had a smile on her face :) She was so sweet and nice. Really everyone there was nice and the staff goes above and beyond. The food was great, the spa was amazing. At night it was so peaceful and quiet, just sitting by the fire pits and listening to the waves crash. I would recommend this place to anyone. As you can see I didn't have one complaint and I had a great vacation!!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
MvdKroft, General Manager at JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

We truly appreciate you honored us with your personal recommendation as a result of the enriching experience, cultivated by the inspired service of our staff, during your recent stay at the JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa. Did you have an opportunity to visit all of our restaurants? If not, one more reason to come back soon!

Reviewed 21 May 2018

I took my mom to Mexico for an early mother's day treat. We spent three days at the JW and three in Cabo San Lucas. The JW is a dream upon entry. Lovely vistas that look out onto the water as soon as you enter and helpful, friendly and engaging staff at every turn. We got in and we had one large king bed. They rectified it immediately by swapping with a couple with a child who needed one bed instead of two. The room was one with sea views and it had a phenomenal view onto the property and out to the sea. Upon getting settled in our room we immediately changed and went to the adults only pool which was heavenly. We didn't do an all-inclusive package but we also weren't drinking to excess. We did have all of our meals on the property and tried just about the full array of their dining options. We shared a breakfast sandwich and got coffees at the onsite coffee shop (the sandwich was a large one) and had lunch at the pool. For dinner, we ate at the grill twice (the vegetables are to die for!) and once we ate at Cafe des Artistes. They set us up in the courtyard on a floating platform and every bite that we consumed was better than the last.
From time to time the adult pool got a little "loud." Guests were a bit over-served and it took away from the atmosphere to be honest. The beach is available, but you cannot and may not swim in it.
I recommend heading into the local town for a meal and to explore all the art and amazing jewelers. We spent Thursday evening in town for the art walk and I found some very special pieces of jewelry.
Two other things to be cognizant of re: the hotel. One) There are a LOT of steps. I assume they have elevators on the property, but be prepared to get your steps in! My mom is a young 66 and she was a bit winded after getting back upstairs, especially in the heat. Two) The hotel spa may seem super pricey and it is, but do the tour before you make a decision. It's AMAZING and I wish I'd known before we went offsite for services!

Room Tip: Something with a view!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank anissa96
MvdKroft, General Manager at JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

It is wonderful to see how much you enjoyed your stay at the JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa and how you were able to experience all the crafted epicurean delights we offer at the different restaurants and bars at the resort. As you mention our award winning Jash Spa is an amazing space and definitely worth a visit. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2018

We visited as a family of 4 on Spring Break and enjoyed paradise at this beautiful Marriott property.

We rented a car based on feedback that taxis would be expensive. If you plan to venture out to the San Jose or Cabo San Lucas I highly recommend having your own car. Parking is free and the valet is fast. Be aware though - you will see a very low rate online and then when you get to car pickup you will be told that insurance is mandatory. For us, that tripled the bill - I should have known those low rates were too good to be true! Also, the hotel is pretty distant from other busier areas of town so transport is needed unless you stay on the resort the entire time.

Check in was a bit bumpy although my husband and I are both lifetime gold with Marriott. Our check in receptionist was less than helpful but then luckily Julio stepped in and provided exceptional service that we normally receive/expect. He gave us a good deal on the Griffin Club and we upgraded. We enjoyed the Griffin Club - the pool is not very crowded, you get very personalized butler service, breakfast (including an omelete station), evening snacks and drinks. The best margaritas I had on the trip were in the Griffin Club! You also get acces to the beautiful spa areas - I wish we had taken the time to use them as that place is pure relaxation.

We did not eat in any of the restaurants for dinner as we explored and loved a few local places recommended by the concierge.

We booked an ATV and Kayak/Snorkel to the Arch through the onsite excursion desk. I highly recommend using them - good rates, good packages and it is much more convenient than trying to book on your own. We loved the ATV ride - very well organized and a lot of fun. Unfortunately our Kayak/Snorkel was cancelled due to windy conditions but the money was refunded right away.

The Griffin Club is very family oriented and everyone was really friendly - we met 6 other families from Chicago that week. The other pools were also wonderful and were not very crowded. They were a bit more fun/party atmosphere with the swim up bar and kids pool with volleyball. However, overall this is a pretty relaxed, quiet hotel and great for families - it wasn't party central.

The room is spacious, clean and well appointed. Great rain shower and tub!

One highlight was the fitness center and Leticia. I took her total body workout and yoga class. I workout regularly but found the total body workout very challenging and a great workout. Luckily it was followed by yoga to relax those muscles. I give 5 stars to the fitness activities and Leticia!

We did not use the beach - the other reviews are correct it isn't swimmable, but that was ok for us. The property is so expansive and beautiful - plenty of other things to do.

My only complaint is that I made the HUGE mistake of booking a package through United Vacations. Never again. 1) I had to call multiple times to get my member number added so the hotel was aware of our gold status 2) I believe our poor check in experience was because of booking through a travel agent - that was referenced multiple times during check-in 3) I didn't get any kind of deal on the Marriott booking - paid EXACTLY what was stated on the website. We even upgraded and spent a lot of money just for the hotel. 4) I walked away with 500 Marriott points because they would not honor due to the travel agent booking. Tried multiple avenues but was turned away each time. I earned 5000 points at Courtyard in Orlando and 500 for a stay at JW. CRAZY. Marriott really needs to look at this policy - even corporate bookings happen through a travel agent, but none of these restrictions apply. I guess it is a way to get you to book direct, but left a very bad taste as this was one of the most expensive vacations we have taken.

I do recommend the Marriott if you are going to Cabo!

Room Tip: Get an Ocean facing room
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank chicago009
MvdKroft, General Manager at JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2018

Thank you so much for recommending our hotel for anybody going to Cabo! The variety of pools, from an adult pool to a salt water pool, and all activities from yoga to tequila tasting we offer an a complimentary basis, allow for everybody to enjoy our resort. I hope next time we will have the pleasure of you joining us for dinner at one of our restaurants, each with a distinctive flavor, the sushi at the JW Niparaya bar, the fresh fish and meat grilled to perfection at the Nak Grill & Bar, or that special dinner at our signature Café´des Artistes Restaurant.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

After many lovely vacation stays with this brand, JW Cabo is unparalleled for several reasons. It’s a combination of the staff of the Griffin Club and the remote location. This unique hotel is an oasis with every detail well planned and executed from architecture, gardens, views and services. Upon arrival we were offered the all-inclusive package upgrade or the Griffin Club experience. We chose the Griffin Club a boutique hotel experience with butler service, breakfast, snacks, beer/wine and evening premium cocktails. There were so many staff that took care of every single thing. The service from Oli, Oscar, Rudolfo was nothing short of amazing. They truly made the stay very special. We’ve never had better service in any JW. Juan-Carlos was extraordinary with anything we needed as our primary butler. Fabiola turned our room into art with her use of local tropical flowers. Salvador served excellent Cadillac Margaritas. Julio greeted us as rewards members. Every staffer in the Griffin Club was outstanding with so much pride in their work.

The majority of the rooms are pool facing with balcony view of the Sea if Cortez. There are 10 rooms that are ocean facing with the pool below. The first floor would not be the best views of those 10, the second floor is a slice of heaven. One of the three butlers tours all new guests to provide the overview. The room has plenty of space with large bathroom, spa shower, and bath tub. The staff in the Griffin Club are simply the best. Traditionally it seems most work 6 days in Mexico, but it seems impossible to deliver that level of service with only one day off a week, but they over-deliver.

The club includes the use of the divine Jasha Spa with mineral pools, steam rooms, and whirlpools. The treatments I chose were the sage and hot stone, and an aromatherapy massage with both services from Andrea. Amazing therapist with excellent skills.

The restaurants on site provide enough options if total relaxation and no travel outside of resort is your plan. The Griffin Club has a private pool and cabanas -first come first served to spend relaxing days listening to waves. Some days the Spa staff stop by for complimentary mini massages too. The roof-top bar offers a panoramic view of the ocean and property. The best restaurant is the Cafe de Artistes for a perfect romantic dinner. There is a tour desk to book excursions to Cabo’s wild side too. We can’t wait to go back.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

It is wonderful to learn how much you enjoyed your experience at the Griffin Club. All of our staff members strive on a daily basis to bring the JW treatment to life and it is very rewarding to see how the accomplished to make your stay a distinctive experience through the inspired service they provided.
We can't wait to have you back as our guests!

Reviewed 15 May 2018

The hotel is gorgeous and service impeccable. It's built to look very desert like so if your expecting a tropical paradise, this is not it. It's more modern desert architecture. We used points for our stay and we were not treated any different than if we had paid rack rate. It was not crowded and it was easy to get a pool lounger. The rooms were gorgeous, the view was gorgeous. I wish they had a more casual restaurant for a dinner option. They have a very fancy restaurant and then the grill. But the grill was still steaks and seafood and pricey. There was a couple nights where we really would have loved just a hamburger or pizza for dinner. The pool bar and lunch (Kaha Bar) were awesome. The servers and bar tenders were personable, worked hard and were amazing. Jesus Aguilar, David, Daniel and Fredrico all at the Kaha Bar did such an awesome job all week of taking care of us. Also, Hugo, who was there to set up towels on the chairs for people was such a hustler. He was working so hard and I really thought he was great. I wish more people would tip this young man! Just a few bucks makes a big difference in his life!

The down side to this resort is that the beach is unswimmable. It's pretty, but there really isn't even a good place to sit under a palapa and look at the ocean all day. This may not be a negative for a lot of people, but it is for us. We love the beach. We knew this going there so we weren't surprised. But it is something that would maybe keep me from going again.

The other suggestion I would give is that if you feel comfortable driving, just rent a car. You will spend 50.00 in taxi's a day just to go to dinner. And it is much cheaper just to rent a car. We would do that next time.

It was a great get away for my birthday with just my husband and the resort is beautiful. Very nice gym...although Marriott...please turn the A/C cooler in there! We thought about upgrading to the Griffin Club, but honestly I do not see how it is worth it, especially if the resort is not full. Also, the breakfast buffet (just the normal one, not the Sunday) was very good!

The spa was AMAZING. One of best massages I ever had from Claudia! Loved it.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
MvdKroft, General Manager at JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

It is wonderful to see how much you enjoyed your stay at the JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa. We appreciate all the positive feedback regarding the service from our team members and the food by the pool. With regards to burgers and pizza for lunch, we will serve these items at the Niparaya JW Bar, your comments help us identify the need to better communicate this option to our guests. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future!