“A homely delight!”
Kittiwake, Upper deck
Kingsize bedroom en-suite View from garden of deck
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Kingsize bedroom en-suite
View from garden of deck
Aerial view of Hope Cove
Upstairs living room
Additional seating/beds
Our crab and lobster fishing boat
Sue demonstrating crabpot making
Willow crab pots made by Sue
Apartment suite bathroom
downstairs bathroom
Family bedroom
Downstairs kitchen
Kitchen
Walking on Bolt Tail
View from Bolt Tail nearby
Double bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Maz U
Witney, United Kingdom
“A homely delight!”
Reviewed 30 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

We journeyed down to Hope Cove in a 7 seater with my partner and I, our 3 children and my Mother and brothers girlfriend due to my brother joining the Navy and attending his pass out ceremony and then us staying on to have a quick getaway at the same time.
This is where I want to just add, having such a large and heavy car may not be the best choice for these tiny Devon roads, where it is single track and high hedges to each side.
When we arrived to the lovely home, there is a huge steep driveway, I highly recommend if there is only one car staying, stay and park at the top of the drive ☺.

The home is absolutely gorgeous, there is so much space and even though we were allowed to use the living room downstairs and the downstairs kitchen once out of the owners use, we decided to keep mainly to upstairs, apart from using the downstairs bedroom with the bunkbeds and the double bed in for our children.
Upstairs has basically everything you pretty much need!
The master bedroom is a complete delight. It's stunning.

Due to it also being their home, it had an abundance of children's toys hidden away under beds. For my 3 children this came as a huge bonus.

I have a child with autism who can be like a whirlwind so having so much to entertain her was so ideal! There was always something to keep her focussed!

Sue was so helpful to me when I kept interupting her time on the first day with problems about my car (again, large 7 seater on Devon Roads!)

The house is located minutes from the sea! It is very easy to get to. When the tide is in you can reach the Sandy part of the beach by going up the hill and following the cliff path to the other side of the village.

The pub does amazing food and the village post office only sells bare minimum of the essentials, so I highly recommend bringing food shopping with you to the house, especially if you have come a long way like we had, saves you from having to head out onto those windy roads again just to buy food.

In retrospect, I now hear people order online food shops to their holiday homes! Why hadn't I done that! Such a good idea! Especially if you're staying a while, or with a big number of guests.

My Mother and brother's girlfriend left after one night and then it was just us 5. Sue was really flexible with the prices and charged us by person by night, which was really reasonable and kind.
She also returned the deposit by post soon after we got home.

If we are ever that way again we will most definitely stay here again. It's a gem of a place!

31 May 2018
Thank you for appreciating the details. As we are usually around the village we like to be able to offer flexible options, information and advice as to how to get the most out of your stay in lovely Hope Cove
Mattjeep
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 17 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

Really enjoyed our stay here, the upper deck is spacious, clean and well equipped. It’s ideal for family’s and it a stones throw from the beach. The sunsets from one bedroom were beautiful. We are already looking to see when time will allow us to return.

Your age range 35-49
22 May 2018
The location is ideal for families with a level walk to the beach. We are very fortunate to view wonderful sunsets at this time of year in particular.
SandraMat...
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Perfect home from home and so close to the beach.”
Reviewed 13 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018
person found this review helpful

Our family had a great time in this rental. The owners supply everything that you could possibly need making it one of the nicest places we have ever rented.

I believe the owners have flexible arrangements with regard to renting and allow the use of their own areas whether they are there or not. We settled in straight away and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

The location of the property is at the end of the village but still less than a 10 minute walk to the pub - take a torch for when it gets dark (provided also :))

Thank you Sue & David, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Your age range 50-64
15 Mar 2018
Thank you. We try try to be flexible for different types of short break groups. There is a very convenient bar at the Sun Bay Hotel 3 minures away on our Inner Hope side and their terrace is excellent for sunsets, if you do not wish to walk across the beach to the pub.
amanda w
pewsey
“Homely, warm and excellent hospitality, short stroll from the sea.”
Reviewed 23 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

My second visit to Kittiwake and hopefully not my last .I came with a friend to do Sue's crab pot willow course which is most interesting and rewarding. The accommodation at Kittiwake is just a short stroll from the beautiful Hope Cove beach, which is stunning even in the winter/spring.
The self contained flat is warm and spotlessly clean with high quality furnishings, the hosts Dave and Sue are very welcoming and hospitable, full of local knowledge and I would thoroughly recommend Kittiwake to anyone seeking some peace and tranquility away from the rat race of life.

25 Feb 2018
Glad you enjoyed the willow workshop. I can offer homestay bed and breakfast and lunches with willow workshops. The local crab/lobster pot is a traditional willow pot made in the way local to this region. I can also offer willow baskets and plant support courses.
aptpat
Bristol, United Kingdom
“A brilliant find”
Reviewed 18 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Ideally situated close to the beach and village, this is a lovely place to stay that we would highly recommend. Kittiwake has everything you need and Sue was very accommodating, particularly as we have a lively toddler. This is probably the most child friendly place we have stayed and Sue had everything we could possibly need, including a stair gate, cot, highchairs, baby monitor, blackout blind and several boxes of toys! We definitely plan to return.

19 Feb 2018
Thanks for the review, glad we can offer something for various age children. We hope to see you again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing