“Chilled out eating”

The Cove
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Hope Cove
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Uber cool. 50 yards from the beach. Fresh Coffee, Craft Beers, Great Food. Open everyday from 11am until late.
Reviewed 19 March 2015

After a four hour walk to-day my wife and I popped into "TheCove" and had
soup and a bacon sandwich, followed by coffee and all served with a smile.
Very good, thank you .

TheCoveDevon, Owner at The Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2015

Thankyou for taking the time to review The Cove. The title is exactly what we are aiming to create, a really nice place to pop in for a beer, coffee or a nice meal, all in a great atmosphere. Thanks again.

Reviewed 18 March 2015

Stay here a lot but not tried the cove before. Read it was rated top in the village so thought it was time to give it a go. A very pleasant casual and relaxed ambience. Friendly owners, bar-café kind of feeling about it. Log fire gave it a warm and inviting atmosphere. Excellent food from a somewhat limited menu. We had fantastic burger and skinny fries- served with home made gherkins.Nice choice of guest beers and ciders. Good value. Fantastic location. Take dogs too. Would recommend you try it when in Hope Cove.

1  Thank BlackLabRuby
TheCoveDevon, Owner at The Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2015

Thanks for leaving us good feedback, it is always appreciated. Our menu is due to change and expand slightly for the new season but we will continue to provide food that is freshly prepared to order and home cooked as much as possible. Our local ales alongside the craft beers, ciders and guests offer a really good choice and compliment our homemade pork scratchings. Im really pleased you tried us out and gave us a go. Many thanks and hope to see you again when you are next in The Cove.

Reviewed 16 March 2015

This is so much more than a Café. It is a family run business which really cares about the quality of goods it offers. The selection of drinks is super and the freshly prepared food is amazing. One example - my wife and I ordered a Crab Sandwich which turned out to be phenomenal. It stood about 3 inches tall, seemed to contain a whole dressed Crab and was as big as the Dinner Plate on which it was served! There was only just enough space for the Green Leaves and Crisps. Coupled with such friendly service you absolutely must pay a visit. P.S they do doggy bags which, for us, was just as well - we'll be back once we have built up a better appetite.

TheCoveDevon, Owner at The Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2015

Amazing review thank you. Our crab sandwich has been a real winner and we certainly don't hold back on the fillings. We love people to leave happy and hopefully when you are next back in Hope Cove we will see you again. Doggy bags are always on offer should they be required ;-) Thanks again.

Reviewed 14 March 2015 via mobile

Visited Hope Cove with two friends early March 2015 for 3 nights.

First day we walked down to the beachfront to go to the pub but found it was closed for refurbishment so decided to pop in to 'The Cove' cafe instead, I am thoroughly glad we did!!!

Such a fantastic place with everything you could want! Amazing fireplace which is well maintained, belly-filling (good quality!) food including their fresh made pork scratchlings!!! Brilliant local lager and ales at very reasonable prices but best of all, friendly staff and welcoming owners who made me feel like a local despite not living in the area.

Needless to say I went back again before I left, along with one of my friends.
We got talking to one of owners who we found to be extremely down to earth and who proved her welcoming persona was not due to business but instead, because she is kind and cared about all her customers!

For never having had-it in-mind to try this place, I will be forever grateful I did and I strongly recommend you (the reader) do the same!

Thank you to all at 'The Cove' for looking after me & my friends whilst on my holiday.

Until my next visit, thank you.

2  Thank Michael Q
TheCoveDevon, Owner at The Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2015

I love reading reviews like this because it is exactly what we are about. People pop in all the time on their first visit to us as we have been open less than a year and it is great that you gave us a try. Our homemade pork scratchings have been going down a storm and we always like people to leave happy. Hope to see you again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed 10 March 2015

During a short break we drove th Hope Cove which is very picturesque. The cafe waitress was welcoming and brought our drinks quickly. We ordered food at the bar; no log fire alight today. Formica tables did not appeal. You do not need to be conscious of time; over 30 minutes wait for our food which when it came was very generous, fresh and well cooked. Personally I would have preferred 2 fewer goujons ( there were 5 large pieces) of fish and £1 off the price. It was a very pleasant lunch but not much atmosphere.

Thanks for the review. Our Homemade Fish Goujons are one of our most popular dishes and they are indeed very generous in portion size. Thanks for taking the time to review us.