“Not impressed with the service”

Ristorante Alla Pace
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Sauris
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2015 via mobile

After working 7 years in a service industry, I truelly believe the impact service has on a dining experience! Unfortunately I can't give my opinion about the food which I believe should be good due to other reviews! My husband and I arrived eagerly but got disappointed a) we didn't get greeted apon arrival, walked toward a gentleman working behind a counter to get told "no go talk with the lady" and b) got told by 'the lady'.... " we don't have space"...just found both of them plain old rude, wouldn't want to eat after service like that! Anyway...ended up at a restaurant called Maanja...highly recommended modern restaurant over looking the lake (incredible view)...not on trip advisor but highly recommended! I'm sorry, but good service is very important for me!!!! Disappointment!

Reviewed 13 August 2015

The buiding is lovely, old (1800) but perfectly kept, nicely painted, huge stone walls with locally-classic decorations.
The location is just a few meters off the road, car can be parked slightly ahead.
Wood covered mountains and astonishing green carpets all around outside it.
Entrance is in a corridor opening towards a couple of rooms of different capacity.
Owning mother and daughter are lovely, they hardly refuse to seat you somehow somewhere although you have not booked (recommended).
Room decorations and furniture are lovely too, a wonderful STUBE attrarcts you for the colder weather to come.
The menue is typically slim, as it has to be in places like this.
A dish of local smoked raw-ham, speck and lardo is beautiful to start with.
Pasta delicacies and / or main course dishes with Gulash, Frico, Cervo.....the fantastic Polenta Socchievina...or a bowl with home-grown mixed salad can satisfy the most exigent eater.
Quality is absolutely fantastic!!!!
Taste, simplicity, genuinity with an exquisite service will shock you!
Not enough? What about the divine Tiramisu, semi-colds and creams? Delicious!
A grappa with Genziana.....
Price? Just a detail...

Reviewed 9 August 2015

II think it one of the best restaurants in Carnia (Friuli V. G.) and, in Italy. I have been over 15 years ago for work.
The Prosciutto, Speck and Lardo of Sauris are delicious. The first courses are tasty and, if I can suggest, it is better follow Msr Franca who can propose you the best dishes of the day. I also suggest the home’s wine (Vino della casa). Ask for the second courses: you’ll taste the best dishes of Italy (so of the world). You have to go there.

3  Thank Arduino F
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I can't rate this place enough! Franca and her family are very welcoming and the food on offer is always delicious. Locally sourced ingredients showcasing local recipes which are delicious, all prepared fresh for you to enjoy.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I dined twice at Ristorante Alla Pace at the beginning of January, and I would highly recommend this restaurant. Franca, Vinicio and family were extremely welcoming and offer excellent service. I speak little Italian, but they helped me via my Italian boyfriend to pick a delicious selection of food.
The food was stunning, beautiful, traditional Italian food. Simple yet full of flavour, the selection of Wolf Ham’s (produced just 2 minutes away from the restaurant) melted in the mouth, the gnocchi was to die for and I could happily return to try the rest of the menu I didn’t get to try!